“Excellent Sammies” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sandwiches, Soups
Rosemount
“Excellent Sammies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Fantastic sandwiches in a small locally owned joint crammed into a suburban strip mall. The "Mighty Buffalo" is my favorite. Avoid the national sandwich chains and eat at Blue Ox.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Burnsville, Minnesota
“Blue Ox Gets Me Out of Bed Every Morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is a fabulous Mom and Pop eatery that makes delicious sandwiches and homemade soup (my favorite is the tomato basil!) I don't have a favorite sandwich because, honestly, I have never been disappointed with anything I've gotten there. If you're in the area and are looking for a quality lunch experience that won't break the bank, stop at the Blue Ox!!!! I eat there at least 3 to 4 times a week!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Meatloaf was cold. Nothing is fresh.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We came to this place becouse of the good reviews. But left very disappointed. They microwave all the meats, meatloaf was cold, bread is old, soup taste bad. And we were there for lunch. The crackers were good thought.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Shakopee, MN
“Tasty Sandwiches, Friendly Service, Locally Owned!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We visited on Friday, March 30, 2012 at noon. This was our first time here so we had questions and the staff was so patient, accomodating and friendly! I ordered the Turkeyville Smoker - turkey breast, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, honey mustard dressing and red onions. I had this on the sourdough roll. It was superb! They put the sandwich in the griller for just a moment to warm the bread and it makes all the difference. Crusty outer bread and soft and chewy inside. The ingredients are fresh and very tasty! Good sized sandwich for $4.78.

My wife had the French dip - 1/4 pound of roast beef with cheese served on sourdough with au jus. She also had a side order of homemade (nice and slightly lumpy) mashed potatoes and gravy. She thought these were great tasting! Sandwich for $5.99 and the mashed taters for $1.75.

We each also had a shake. These were made by hand dipping real ice cream and natural flavors. I had the Dreamsicle (which was phenomenal) and my wife had chocolate. Very generous portions for $3.29 each.

This place is locally, privately owned and it shows. There is a lot of pride in their food and deservedly so! We will be back for more.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Great sandwiches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were visiting the cities and found this on trip advisor as we were driving home, and are we glad we did! The sandwiches are made as you order them, with fresh delicious bread, toppings and meats! The kids had turkey and cheese, and loved them, my husband and I each tried a chicken sandwich, I had the Mighty Buffalo, wonderful! And my husband had the Big Joe, which was even better than mine and I loved it. The bread is awesome, and yes they are messy, but what good sandwich isn't! We would split one next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere