“Very Cheap but you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Lowest Price Anywhere!
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Burnsville
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Very Cheap but you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Overall pretty average, not the best or the worst. If your on a tight budget I would recommend this place.
Biggest Pro: Great Low low rates

Biggest Con: Paper thin walls, you can hear everyone around you

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Thnak you for commenting on the excellent value that we offer. Please let me know how I may assist you and your lodging needs the next time you are in the Burnsville area. I invite you to contact me the next time you plan on staying with us as I will personally ensure that your stay is a great experience.

Bill.Godbe@LivINN.com

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel was a refreshing break from my stay at Extended Stay Hotel. I stayed at both Extended Stay in Eagan and LivInn in Burnsville for the month of February and LivInn was amazing. In addition to being $15 less a day than Extended Stay, LivInn offered continental breakfast, friendly staff, and to my surprise a newspaper! LivInn doesn't have a kitchen but I made do with a microwave and a rather large "mini" fridge. An added bonus is the awesome Chinese Restaurant within walking distance. Staff was friendly and offered me extra room cleanings throughout my stay. My housekeeper Heather did an excellent job as did the front desk at my check-in! Management was present and friendly. Unlike Extended Stay in Eagan, LivInn did not have cigarette smoke from other rooms billowing in through the vents and the towels were more plush. And my favorite thing about the room was the triple sheeted bed that was so hard to get out of in the morning...very comfy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Your review is very appreciated. As you mentioned we are the "Best Value on Extended Stays in Dakota County" and that is an honor we value. I am glad that you enjoyed your extended stay with us and I look forward to having the oppurtunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011 via mobile

The staff is fantastic! Charlotte is one of the best staff members I have ever seen. I've been to a lot of hotels and never received service this good from a staff member. She did everything she could to accommodate us on our 3 month stay. The manager/owner Bill is very nice and very professional. The rooms are great for the price. We have a comfortable king size bed, cable TV, a refrigerator, a microwave and high speed internet. It isn't the best hotel when it comes to rooms but the price is very affordable, and the room is more than reasonable for the price. I would recommend this place based on their staff and service. We were never bothered and we felt very safe throughout our stay. The maids were trustworthy and they kept the room spotless. We asked for help multiple times and the hotel staff was always more than willing to help us. I would say it is the best service I have ever received at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2011
BurnsvilleGM, Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you very much for the nice review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the service as that is our number one concern.

I look forward to assisting you with your ldoging needs in the future.

bill.godbe@livinn.com
Norther Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Check in staff barely acknowledged me - they were more interested in gossiping with one another while checking me in. You get what you pay for as far as the rooms go. They are small & clean on the surface - just don;t look to closely as they need a good deep cleaning when you really start looking! No hair dryers or irons in the rooms. Walls are paper thin - we could hear the whole conversation of the people next door & theey were not talking loudly. Breakfast had only 3 typed of doughnuts. Boxes were stacked on top of each other on one table while 3 staff members stood over them eating the doughnuts! Rude & unproffessional! They did scatter like mice stuffing the doughnuts in their mouths as we entered the room. If you only need a place to sleep for a few hours then this is the hotel for you. If you will be spending a lot of time at your hotel - I'd advise you to look elsewhere...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
BurnsvilleGM, Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
The review that you have posted is being taken very seriously as our concern to guest satisafaction is our number one priority.

I am writing to offer my apologies for your stay here at the LivINN Hotel of Burnsville. The expereince you described is far from the norm here at the hotel. I would like to invite you back to the hotel for another stay which I will personally oversee. In addition, I would like the oppurtunity to discuss this past stay with you.

Please contact me directly to discuss this matter further.

Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

i really enjoy my stay here the employees are excellent in every area of service from the manager down. I would really like to think charlotte redowl for making my stay here comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your nice review. I look forward to having you as my guest soon!

Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The service is excellent. The GM Bill was very accommodating and truly loves his position.Meli at the front desk is amazing personality and thorough.Dan from maintenence was always running aroung being effecient and happy. Maria and Matt at the front desk got things done. Tiffany and Modesta always cleaned the room well.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice review. It is true, I do truly enjoy my job and it is the great people I get to serve and work with that make it such a great place to work.

Cheers,

Mequon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Pros: very comfortable new king bed with crisp new sheets and multiple pillows, fluffy towels, new carpeting, all new furniture - granite topped with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in one third of a huge amoire holding the TV and closet, two chairs and a table, great price. We got a great night's sleep, although there was some late night hallway/elevator noise.
Neutrals: old and small bathroom but not so bad as to be an "ugg" factor, (new faucets on old sink and counter, older tube and shower surround, bent towel bar), minimalistic breakfast - cereal, instant oatmeal, packaged sweet rolls, oranges - in a closet sized breakfast room.
Cons: very slow internet, terrible coffee - would have made our own in our room if had know it was going to be the cup at a time, instant tasting type in the breakfast room, non-engaging staff - polite enough and said all the right things but all the time seeming to be doing other work and not making you feel like they were really talking to you, strange area - you pass 3 closed restaurants on the frontage road to the motel - looks like an area of failed businesses.
All in all, a nice room for a very cheep price. The business model seems to be, buy up older chain motels and refurbish. If all you need is a place to sleep, you can't beat the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!