“Excellent value for the money.” 4 of 5 stars

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13080 Aldrich Avenue South, Burnsville, MN 55337   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Upper Midwest
“Excellent value for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Better than any "budget" hotel I have stayed in and at half the price. Rooms and common areas are well-appointed, clean and well maintained. Adequate and well-lighted parking. Friendly and efficient staff. Nice breakfast area but sparse offerings in the way of food. Quiet enough for work, reading or sleep. I am and will remain a guest of this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

The Live Inn has very nice accomodations and I was greeted by a professional, friendly and helpful attendant named Lea. She informed me of the local places to go. The hotel was very clean and well kept. I will refer all of my associates to stay here. The hotels location is local to everywhere.

Thankyou for a wonderful stay and a good nights sleep!
Ronald Harris

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Well maintained and staffed with helpful, cheerful and professional staff, this hotel is a perfect choice for business and leisure travelers. The price for weekly stays is almost unbelievable. Every service you could want or expect is available. And the rooms are clean, clean, clean.

Burnsville MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I'm very personable and like to joke around with cashiers, bank tellers and anyone that I have the chance to run into. I do it to lighten their spirits, because I've been in their shoes and know how monotonous the work can be, but at Livinn the receptionist Lea actually lightened my spirits. She matched me witt for witt and I really enjoyed her. Even though I only stayed there one night I was sad to say goodbye. She even stayed a while past her shift to give personally give me my wake up call. The facility was nice as well, but I will never forget Lea

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

The room, the value, and Lea were all fantastic. This is a great choice when looking for a place to stay in this area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

We chose this hotel because we were looking for a cheap but decent place to stay in the Twin Cities area. We made our reservation online through the hotel's website. When we arrived, they did not have a reservation for us. We showed them our confirmation letter and after a little wait, we were able to get into a room.

Overall the room was okay. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. There was a battery laying under the countertop like nobody had checked the floor. The entertainment center door was also held shut with tape because if the door opened, the light automatically came on. Other than that it was good, beds were comfortable. I'd be wiling to give them a second chance!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Bristol, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have stayed at the LivInn Suites Burnsville MANY times, and they are doing a great job of making it better all the time. I first stayed a few years back and swore that I would never stay there again. Well, I did stay again, and was pleasantly surprised, and continue to be impressed with the steps they are taking to make the hotel better.

First of all, their staff is really outstanding. Raz, Daria, and Lea at the Front Desk are TOP NOTCH and so friendly to us. Also, when we checked in, the Front Desk Clerk was able to fulfill our request of a 3rd floor room close to the elevator and laundry room, which has been helpful to us.

We are on the "extended stay" plan which only includes housekeeping once per week, but we can always get clean towels and everything we need at the front desk. When they DO clean our room, they do a great job, considering how much stuff we have packed in the room!! (I am in the process of moving.)

They have also converted one of the rooms by the front desk into a breakfast room, which was a nice bonus for us to find out about when we checked in! While the breakfast is fairly limited (milk, plastic wrapped danishes, fruit, two kinds or cereal, and coffee) it is better than nothing. I think they should buy a waffle maker and add an orange juice machine to bring it up to the standards of other hotels that included breakfast. (I know they read these reviews, so I'm counting on waffles and OJ the next time I check in!!!)

They have also replaced the lighting in the hallways -- they used to be sort of dark and dreary, but now they are bright and almost cheery!

Also, the hotel has new comtemporary bedding which is GREAT -- I've been sleeping well. I do wish the bathrooms had fans that worked.

Staff is constantly mopping the lobby to keep the floors clean, which is nice in the winter. Also, staff seem to be throughout the hotel more often cleaning and vacuuming.

The restaurant next door to the hotel has closed, but there are a few close by options (Hooters, Mediterannean Cruise Cafe, Perkins) and every restaurant you can imagine one exit south off Hwy. 42 (Olive Garden, IHOP, Panera Bread, Buca di Beppo, Sonic, DQ, etc etc etc).

I really do recommend this hotel -- and I am a travel agent, giving my seal of approval!! Don't expect a fancy-dancy plus, but a clean, well run establishment that is doing better all the time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nicollet Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!