“Had a great time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at Livinn July 6-8 and had a wonderful stay! I booked a King Economy through Travelocity and we got checked in fast and easily. Charlotte was very accommodating and did a great job while checking us in by answering all questions we had about the area and she was willing to look up information for us to answer our questions!

Room furniture was really nice including a small granite table with comfy leather chairs and a really comfy plush pillowtop king bed that was sooo nice to sleep on! The tv was older but worked great. A fridge and microwave were included in the room but unfortunately were not cleaned out very well which was a disappointment.

The bathroom was small but worked for us. Bath and Body works products were available for guests which was really nice! There is no hairdryer or fan in the bathroom but wasn't too big of a deal because the A/C is located right outside the bathroom. The shower head was a little low and the water temperature fluctuated after running for too long though also but worked fine the next day we used it.

Overall, Livinn met all of our expectations. Very friendly staff, prepackaged food available for breakfast with drinks also, good location off the interstate, and very clean hotel throughout the facility. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TA. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will return the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

I want everyone to know that we do have hair dryers and irons available at the front desk and very soon we will be completing a full renovation of our bathrooms which will include, but not be limited to, the installation of these items in the rooms.

Bill Godbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Well, I have stayed at the Livinn several times in the past, and it is normally a good experience, though all stays may not be. This time the plush pillow top beds were heavily worn and drooped in the middle which made for a week long uncomfortable sleeping experience. Also, even though the inside of the hotel is very clean, the outside leaves a lot of room for improvement. The parking lot has an excessive amount of garbage, and the unmowed weeds/rocks have their fair share of garbage as well. If I were you, I would definitely stay here for the value and excellent customer service, though I would check out the beds before committing. The room described in this review is room number 223.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to post your review, we are always appreciative of suggestions to improve our hotel. I know that you are a repeat guest and since you were not satisfied with this stay I would like to discuss how I can make this up to you in the future.

I want the rest of the TA Community to know that the issue you spoke of has been resolved and we sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.

I look forward to you return!

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this.

bill.godbe@livinn.com
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Do NOT use Priceline.com with a low bid to try to get a cheap room in the South Cities! We were given Livinn, which was cheap, but the service was horrible from the staff. The roomes wre nice, however.
We checked in for a 3 night stay. When we got to our room, we noticed we had only received one with one bed for 2 adults and 2 kids. I had requested a 2 bed upon check in, and was assured this room had such. We went back down and requested a different room, which the staff gave us. Of course, the new keys didn't work, so we had to go back down to the desk again. We got the keys fixed, and they opened the room--but there were already people in there!. We went back down to the desk again, and got another room. This room only had one bed again! Back down to the desk AGAIN to get it straightened out. The clerk just couldn't get anything right!
There was prostitution activity going on in the back stairway on a Thurs. night, and out front right in front of the main door, every night, there were people lined up in lawn chairs with coolers of beer and booze bottles sitting all over the sidewalk. It was very difficult just to get inside!
Upon checking out on Sunday morning, I was told I could not be checked out from my room # I had given, because that room was empty and the occupant had checked out the night before. News to me, as I had been in that same room the whole time.
Like I said, the amenities are nice, but the untrained and unorganized staff make it very hard to ever want to come back. Good management would not allow the partying and activity in the doorways. I won't go back, and I hop anyone else considers all options carefully before booking a room in this area.

Room Tip: At your own risk
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your review, it is always valuable to get feedback from our guests on ways in which we can improve our hotel.

Just to follow-up on a couple of your comments, the weekend you stayed with us we were hosting a tournament from Ontario, Canada. There was some socializing and celebrating going on, I apologize that they were an inconvenience to you.

As far as my team and the service you encountered, it is a far cry from the feedback we get from most of our guests, but I will be sure to follow-up on these issues with my team members.

I would like to invite you to contact me personally so that I may have an opportunity to have you stay with us in the future. I will leave my personal contact information below should you want to take me up on discussing your stay.

bill.godbe@livinn.com
952-890-7999
River Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Overall good value for the price. We were attending a dance competition in the area and many of our team's families stayed at the LivInn. We all agreed it was clean and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Pros: check-in was quick and staff was pleasant; room was clean and comfortable; Bath & Body Works products was a nice surprise (soap, shampoo, conditioner - no lotion); bed was comfortable and triple-sheeted; refrigerator and microwave in room; elevator very conveniently located right by front desk; check-out was quick and the staff was very pleasant.

Cons: parking in a well-lit location was hard to find when we returned for the evening after 10:00 PM; it was hard to figure out what the best door was to go in after-hours - the place is kind sprawling and dark - we parked as close to the front entrance as we could and went in that way; we were in an adjoining room and we could hear the conversation next door as if they were in the same room; even though it's a non-smoking hotel, guests were smoking right outside the front entrance which was very unpleasant (although those that were smoking were friendly and always opened the door for us); shower-head was very low - I'm 5'5" and had to stoop under it; the room smelled stale when we first entered, but thankfully diminished when we turned on the AC; location near our venue but not convenient to fast-food/late night food options - we ended up going to the Holiday Station down the street for convenience-store food.

Scott City. Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

WOW!!! What a wonderful place. My daughter, my self, and two granddaughters spend last week there in you hotel. We were there for dance nationals. Everyone was so very friendly and helpful. It was wonderful to see the entire staff working as a team to take care of their guests. One morning I saw the manager helping to fill in the breakfast bar. The front desk was helping to fold towels, sheets, etc, this is teamwork!!! Jessica at the front desk was extra helpful and so was Hailey the maid. Hailey said she had danced when she was younger and was so sweet to my granddaughter and wished her the best. THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL STAY!! If we are ever back in the area we will stay with you.The only bad score I would give this place would be the pool, simply because there was none, but still an excellent place to stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the TA community, it is great to hear that both Jessica and Hailey made such a positive impression upon you and your family. Your comments are truly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the team.

Have a great summer and we look forward to your return!

Waterville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was great. I say that even though when we got there our room wasn't ready and the breakfast was lacking. The desk lady was very nice and polite and upgraded our room right away. The room was a king suite and it was perfect for 2 people. Everything was very clean. Downside was there was no pool and the location is away from all the restaurants and stores. But the hotel made up for it with being so great.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for posting such a nice review. I think you said exactly what we try to communicate, we provide comfortable, clean rooms at an unbeatable price with a team that truly enjoys being in the hospitality industry.

On a side note, there are two restaurants in the process of opening on our block. One is in our parking lot and will be a traditional steak house, the other is on our block a couple doors down and will be hot wing style restaurant. They should be open very soon.

Iron River, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our room was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Would use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear that your first stay was memorable and we look forward to your return.

Thanks again,

Bill Godbe

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!