“New Yeras Eve 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Minnesota
“New Yeras Eve 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

New years Eve can be a tough night to do well - A lot of places seem to want to up the volume. That being said I would not give that label to Porter Creek in Burnsville. It was very good! We had reservations for 7:30 and @ 7:30 we were brought to our table on the Porch, a very warm and festively lit space. Tyler was our waiter and he did a wonderful job taking care of us without smothering us, He was knowledgeable about the food and wine and never needed to look far for him. The chicken chowder soup was delicious as was The 8 oz. filet that came perfectly done to my liking. I would go back for a special occasion!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Warm, comfy and inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant has the warmest and most welcoming atmosphere. The food was quite good but not especially bountiful (small portions). The prices were a little on the high side as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Weston, Wisconsin
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went with a group of seven, early reservations as we had a one year old with us. We were seated right away. The food and drinks were very good and ok priced, salads and sides were extra. We were celebrating a birthday and got a free desert for the birthday boy. Service and atmosphere were great, we sat next to the fire place. Food service and atmosphere are a 5, got a little pricy for the food and drinks with all the extras.

Visited December 2013
Milan, Italy
“Great service and atmosphere, hit and miss food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We came with a large holiday party, and our table was ready and the service from start to finish was excellent. Even though we came relatively early, we were not rushed, and were attended to very well.
We started with the ribs (excellent flavor and meaty), Ahi tuna (nice flavors and the salad-saw accompaniment was tasty), and Walleye fingers (good). Then my steak came overdone (I ordered medium rare, a bit cold with the blue cheese that was melted on top now hardened), while others with the lamb shank were very happy. A brief survey resulted in similar widely mixed reviews from great to so-so for the various other items ordered.
Atmosphere was upbeat and nice, and also nice because it was not so noisy that you could not hav e a conversation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northfield, Minnesota
“Get off the sports bar wanna be attempt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went there for the my first time Saturday the 7th, 2013. When I made the reservations, I asked for a 6:15, got a 6:30, and a promise that if we came early, they'd try to seat us early. ( we were on a very tight time schedule) Well, they did just as they said they would! Got seated by 6:20. My first impression was 'wow, what a wonderful, upscale but not pretentious place. People were dressed nicely, having conversations, being comfortable, and then I saw it... a damn TV with a football game on!
Excuse me but I didn't come to pay 9 dollars for a flight of bourbon, 27 dollars for the best lamb shank I've ever had, to listen to a damn football game! I actually started looking for the cheesy beer bottle shaped table cards with bucket-o-beer and wing prices.
What ever happened to dinner music?
Who ever thought a football game would go well with fine, sophisticated dining evidently has no class.
I will say, the food was great, Brandon our server will be requested again, but please, get rid of the damn TV's. People just might be able to survive!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere