“stress free” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Burnsville

You added AmericInn Burnsville to your Saves list
AmericInn Burnsville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14331 Nicollet Court, Burnsville, MN 55306 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Lakeville, Minnesota
“stress free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had a house fire and found comfort at AmericInn. The staff encountered was friendly. Our room was clean and we had a great breakfast. Thank you! We were able after a long day to go relax on comfy bed-take a hot shower and enjoy breakfast before we were off again to work on the house. We did notice the shower curtain does need some attending to.

Room Tip: We were unable to check out kids activities.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Stacy G, General Manager at AmericInn Burnsville, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry that your stay with us was under such unfortunate circumstances, but we are happy to hear that you were able to find some comfort at the hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our hot home-style breakfast. We have been working hard to provide a nice selection of items for our guests. We have received great feedback on the waffle bar and new eggs and sausage being served daily. I hope that you and your family have settled back into your home and are doing well. We hope that you will have another opportunity to stay with us again under much better circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked a room in advance to stay last Saturday night. We had a concert then a friend's party in the area. I do not know if Booking.com or the AmericInn are to blame, but my "confirmed reservation" held by my credit card disappeared when we were not there by 6 p.m. Nothing on my reservation warned of this. The person at AmercInn was hard to understand and very rude about there by no room for me and that, despite the confirmed reservation, when we were not there by 6 p.m., they gave my room away. He claimed that was standard with Booking.com. Expedia was still showing a room available at that hotel for Saturday night, but he said there was no room. I will not use them or Booking.com again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I sincerely apologize for the situation you experienced last weekend. You are correct in the fact that we did drop the ball. We have a training issue which I will be addressing immediately. I would really like to make this right for you and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity. Please call me directly at the property and we will resolve this situation.
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I'm very pleased with my stay. I slept like a rock. I was surprised at how comfortable the beds were. The front desk clerk was very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014
Stacy G, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Burnsville, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I want to thank you for the kind words about our staff! They are all working hard these days to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as can be!

Our renovations are nearing completion, with the Breakfast room, exercise room and added pool area all completed. We also have had housekeeping and maintenance hard at work to get our newly acquired hotel up to the standards our ownership holds high.

We hope to see you again soon to see our continued improvements!

Plymouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We walked into the room and it was dirty. Towels on the floor and the beds unmade. Moved to another room. Opened the door and it was just stale smelling. Turned on the fan and it ran about 3 minutes. It would come on and off like that all night. I did not sleep at all and in fact sat up in the chair. NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL! Loud noises in the hallway and from upstairs! People yelling and telling other to be quiet. I would have thought the manager on duty could have curbed this problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Toledo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was really below average compared to other Americinns that I have stayed in and not as nice as when this motel was the Days Inn. I have stayed there several times in the past and been pretty pleased. My toilet was very old and would not flush so that was not good at all. The sink too was old and the faucets were odd in that they went off in the middle...not all the way to left. At first I thought the water would not shut off??There were no hand towels. I broke a coffee pot that had been left on top of the microwave and had to ask twice to have another and still did not get one until I called again the next day. The young man at the desk was very nice and pleasant but the staple hardware in his lip gave me the heebeegeebees! I did not find this appropriate for the position he held. In the morning the night staff had not done their part and the poor lady at the desk was still trying to get out the breakfast at 7:30. Tables were not wiped off and the trash was overflowing. There was a large pile of trash and broken items right outside at the exit door. The whole motel smelled of smoke. Exterior doors did not lock and one was propped open. On the good side the bed and pillows were comfortable and it was quite on a Sunday evening.

Room Tip: The hallways were smokey but the room was OK and free of a smoke smell
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Montgomery
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Carpet was very dirty. There was candy or something under the bed and the rooms smelled musty. The hotel was not renovated like the advertisement on website said.
Hotel staff seemed unhappy and unfriendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Johnston, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel was advertised as newly remodeled; while one could tell there were many updates there was still much needed. Peeling paint, loose old carpet, no elevator, dirty stained walls, dirty vents, & windows that barely closed. Got a good deal as part of the renovation, wasn't worth have of that. Bed was new and nice.

Stayed April 2014
Stacy G, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Burnsville, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I want to apologize for the issues that you had at our location. We are new owners working very hard to turn the hotel into a well maintained facility. Please call myself or Emily at 952-892-1900 so we can discuss the specifics of your stay and work towards making this right for you! Thank you in advance! Stacy Area Manager

Been to AmericInn Burnsville? Share your experiences!