“Excellent :-)” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Dessert
Champlin, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Love this place for a quick, healthy meal for my family. Love the House Special pasta and the Bread....... OMG, so amazing!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
screenname00000, Owner at Sweet Taste of Italy, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
YES! Ok so the House Special was created as a joke... It was so awesome that we put it on the menu. Then we made a sandwich version and called that the Italian Supreme. For everyone that is not familiar ... We take Mostaccioli cover that with cheese, topped with sauce, then sauté mushrooms/onions/green peppers/and sausage... and put that right on top. Awesome! (Thank you for the review here. We really appreciate it)

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Will Not Honor Their Own Webpage Pricing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I ordered two 1/2 gallons of sauce to go per their website pricing of $12.50 per 1/2 gallon. I get up there and they ring it up at $14.99 per half gallon. I paid for it, went out to my vehicle and looked up the pricing again on my phone. I walked back into the store and asked him if he would honor the pricing that he has advertised on his own website, and he said no. He told me that he can't keep up with all of the websites that have his menu on it such as menu.com. I told him that I completely understand, but this is his own website and I showed him the URL of the site that I was looking at. He said, "oh, ok, I guess I will have to e-mail my web hosting provider to update it." I asked him again if he would honor his advertised pricing, and he said no and was extremely rude about it. I'm not going to fight with this guy, as I will just take my business elsewhere in the future. He has since updated his website to reflect the correct price.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Brighton, Minnesota
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The settings of the restaurant is wonderful, the people who work here are happy, and nice, and the food is amazing! you really get your moneys worth at this great establishment. i have been here only a couple times, but that will definitely change in the future. this restaurant is a prefect mix of homeliness and fine dining, two thumbs up! keep up the excellent service!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Groupon Success!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I will admit I was very skeptical of going to use my groupon here, after reading some of the reviews. I thought maybe I would be going to deal with some loud-mouthed jerk upset because I was using a groupon. So when I called in my order, I let him know I was coming with a groupon so that I hopefully wouldn't have a problem. My experience was fantastic. He is a very friendly outgoing guy, who loves to make Italian food. The people on here who gave him bad ratings just don't understand business. Coupons are used to bring customers in who have never tried it before, in hopes it will bring them back in next time they need whatever they are selling. But your business can't operate if you don't get money. Almost every restaurant out there doesn't let you use multiple coupons at a time/table. The reason being, they still need to make some money off of you. (You can't go to a gas station with a bunch of 4/cents a gallon off coupons and use multiple ones to get a full free tank of gas). The owner is just the kind of person who doesn't put up with stupid people, and so when these people get upset he is just honest and calls them out for being dumb. People are just so used to restaurants giving them what they want because when you complain in a "corporate restaurant" they cater to you to make sure your business stays there. He just doesn't do that. What people don't realize is that, when you buy something at a locally owned business, your supporting someones dream by helping them put food on a table for their family, rather than "Olive Garden" where your helping some CEO build another cabin on an island. FOOD: I had a 25 dollar groupon and got enough food for me and another to eat lunch, and a salad, and tiramisu, and 2 drinks! On top of that I had food leftover for 3 days. The spaghetti is very good, but make sure to get it with meatballs, the more meatballs the better. The garlic bread is made on a sweeter loaf of bread, so it gives it a unique touch but its amazing! Loved the service, loved the food, love the business model, they will have my business for a long time. Do not hesitate to go in and try their food because of previous posts, they are tremendously wrong.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“HIDEOUS, Practically Abusive Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have never, ever been treated so horribly at an establishment where I am spending my money!!!!! After asking where my order was, after watching people who came in AFTER me get their orders in less than 5 minutes, I was ordered out of the store....but I had already paid for my food! A short time later another younger looking employee brought up my order which was ONE sandwich and 2 - 8 inch pieces of bread, the employee, who later said her name was Belinda, grabbed the order and again told me to get out. I demanded a refund and was refused while she proceeded to answer the phone and take another order and actually complained about me to the customer on the phone!!!! I told her I had already paid and the person on the phone hadn't and that I wanted my money or I would call the police for theft. I am shocked and appalled that this was even allowed to happen!! I have spent a lot of money here and I feel like I have been abused. Stay away!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
screenname00000, Owner at Sweet Taste of Italy, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Some people you just can not help! One item she ordered was cinnamon bread. We have to wait for the sugar to caramelize before we send it out. (It takes extra time) Before putting the cinnamon bread in the oven, Balinda noticed that whoever buttered it did not put enough on. She could have just said who cares and threw it in the oven as-is. She decided to go in the back cooler, and put more butter on the bread. (I wish all my employees cared as much as Balinda) This added a couple minutes to the order. The two customers that ordered after her had VERY simple orders that are very fast and easy. Anyone that has ever worked in a restaurant understands this.
What is really crazy about this whole ordeal is SHE GOT HER MONEY BACK! Thats right, Balinda gave her all her food and all her money back! What else could we have done? She would not listen to an explanation, she never contacted me directly. Balinda told her to go to the website and email me. Instead, she went viral on several sites just to try and ruin our reputation. Take her review with a grain of salt, and remember that every restaurant gets these people. We literally paid her to eat our food, and it was not good enough??