“RIP Jacks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“RIP Jacks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We loved Jack's, so sorry they closed. We got all our birthday cakes there, and sometimes more than one! Thanks for all the great sweets over the years. We will continue to follow the mantra... Eat dessert first, life is uncertain!

• Visited April 2013

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
“Closed-retirement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sorry it was great- but closed due to the changing economy/light rail. It was one of my favorite places for every birthday,holiday and any day

Visited February 2013
Twin Cities, Minnesota
“Inexpensive, good service, "small town"-feel bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I'm planning my daugther's birthday party and found Jack's Bakery on cakes.com while looking for a place to buy a Disney princess cake. I looked up their website and then called the bakery to get more information before driving 25 minutes there from my home to place the cake order in person. The bakery is located in a strip mall across the street from a technical college. Parking is plentiful and when I walked into the store, I was greeted by the smell of lovely baked goods. Who doesn't love a bakery?? Prices are reasonable (80 cents for a fresh donut). I spotted a few seniors having coffee and chatting. This feels like a bakery you'd find in a small town. I purchased a few donuts, a mini French silk pie and a loaf of whole wheat bread. The donuts were delicious, my husband ate the French silk pie, so I didn't get a chance to taste it. I liked that the bread only included a few simple ingredients that I could understand. After waiting a few minutes, my cake order was taken. I was told that their cakes are baked fresh daily and that's why I went there in the first place-- to buy a fresh (and not frozen) cake. I'll definitely stop by Jack's Bakery again when I'm in the area.

• Visited April 2012
Mpls, MN
“The Best Donuts in the Mpls Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Unbelieveable how fresh and good their donuts are, very good variety and very nice staff. Custom cakes are incredible.

• Visited May 2011
brooklyn park Mn
“The Best Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

The products from this bakery are real deal!!! No mass production here, cakes are to die for!