“Unbelievable value” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“Unbelievable value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place is a favorite of mine. We try to stop in at least twice a month. The street tacos are awesome the quality is top notch and the speed is impressive. Happy hour brings a 32 ounce draft to your table for $3.50!!! yep you read that right!
The atmosphere is a bit common but its comfortable, clean, and the service is top notch. I have seen restaurants like this fail because they have too many items on the menu and don't specialize. I sincerely hope these guys make it. The food here is excellent however there is a bit of room for improvement.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A nice surprise close by....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went for Dinner,somewhere close by,saw this place and went in.
I had the "El Dorado",my Wife had the "Enchiladas Supreme".
Both were very good,and gone quickly.
Dinner for two,with tip,out the Door,less than $35......nice!.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
oak grove
“Meh....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The service here was wonderful---no complaints about that at all. However, I think it may be the size of the portions that are impressive to people. The burritos are humongous. I ordered the Fiesta Ranch steak listed under the House Specials. It really did not have any flavor except for the cheese sauce that was poured over the top and tasted way too much like Velveeta. My hubby had the Chimichanga and he was not impressed either. Chimi's are supposed to be on the crisp side, not mushy like his was. I may be a little too critical as I lived in AZ for a few years where the Mexican food WAS MEXICAN and Velveeta was a big NO NO!!!. This was not a "do again" place for us.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Scary Fast....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

So today I decided to give "Fiesta Cancun" a try after hearing all of these rave reviews, and I was SUPER excited about the food. Held my appetite for this! WELL, uh not so much!

I ordered the food and it came out maybe 5 minutes later?? Kinda scary!! I ordered the Chicken and Beef Chimichanga- The Beef was decent, the chicken, eh, weird and not good. Also, we ordered the "Pick three combo" Tamal, burrito, and Enchilada. Once again not so good. All three items were very salty and unappetizing.

Yes, I would agree "large portions" however when the food does not taste so good, it really doesn't matter. The chips and salsa was pretty good and the side of guac was tasty, that I paid extra for.
Side Note: In order to get the "supreme" version you must pay .75 cents, however the waiter said it was $1.25 but the menu said .75 cents?? I am not cheap, but that was odd.. Then he began to tell me that the menu was wrong.. Really? Well, I only paid .75 cents for the "supreme." (Good thing!)

Yes, the service was decent, but the food, well I don't know that I will return considering that the majority of my meal was not good. Maybe I need to try something else? Oh, and finally the refried beans and Spanish rice were subpar, nothing special.

(sigh) Oh well, I guess on to the next venture!

Visited March 2014
Mpls, Mn
“FANTASTIC again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have been here multiple times and it has been FANTASTIC every time! Great service, fabulous food, and a nice atmosphere! None of us has had a meal we didn't love!

• Visited November 2013