“Over-the-Top Customer service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Minneapolis-Northwest

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Minneapolis-Northwest to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Minneapolis-Northwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2050 Freeway Blvd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430 (Formerly AmericInn Lodge & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Brooklyn Center
Chicago, Illinois
“Over-the-Top Customer service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A group of colleagues of mine flew in from different states to attend a high-profile client meeting. We were greeted by Maria R., who was not only was the consummate professional, she was bright, cheerful and helpful.
While preparing for the meeting, we noticed a shortage of key presentation material and were worried about how to resolve the issue since the meeting was a few hours away.
I went down and asked Maria if the hotel had a "Business Office" or some kind of on-site copy/print capacity. She informed that the property did not have "Business Office" support and that the printer was down.
She noticed the panic my face and offered to DRIVE to the nearest FedEx Office and manage the project (printing and binding) for me.
30 minutes later she arrived back at the hotel with the presentation material completed and ready for our meeting.
The meeting was a success and Maria was the HERO for the day. Her "above and beyond" help will never be forgotten and truly saved the day. Because of HER I will return to the hotel every time I am in town. Thank you Maria, you are an exceptional employee and we are deeply appreciative of your commitment and dedication.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a bit disappointed with the size of the room compared to what I paid, but slowly the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the hotel and location won me over. Also, the location very close to Downtown Twin Cities just could not be beaten. But on the down side I was a bit disappointed that guests were not afforded a larger parking for truckers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Barb C, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Minneapolis-Northwest, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you on behalf of our entire team. We strive for excellence and hope we can meet and exceed all of our guest's expectations.

We appreciate all feedback and hope you will come back to see us soon!

Barb Crushshon, Director of Sales & Marketing
Best Western Plus, Minneapolis North-West
763-566-7500
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed two days in at the Best Western Plus Minneapolis Northwest. Terrific location for site-seeing in the historical areas of Minneapolis. The hotel staff deserve an A for their friendliness and attention to making our stay a good one. BW serves a delicious breakfast each morning. If you're planning a vacation to Minneapolis, we highly recommend staying at the Best Western Plus Minnneaplis Northwest

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 763-566-7500.

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Good: The people at this property are really nice, caring, and courteous folks who seem to want to do a great job. Their attitude seems to be one of creating a great experience for their customers. The front desk staff want to do their best to be helpful - that is clear. The water pressure and availability of hot water is EXCELLENT! The Bad: The property itself, albeit "newly renovated" still has a ways to go. There's a lot of old technology and furnishings that new paint, carpet, and vanities won't cover up. The AC unit in my room had a faulty thermostat which the front desk staff came and looked at, and agreed it was not working properly. It was tolerable during early evening but it got quite hot in the room overnight, leading to poor rest and uncomfortable wake-up. The maintenance person apparently came to the room and claimed to the desk staff that it was working properly but again - they even agreed it was not. There were stains (blood and otherwise) on some of the linens, bedspread and throw pillows on the 2nd bed in my room but the bed in which I slept appeared relatively fresh and clean. The computer in the lobby for guest use had no connection to any network, much less the Internet during our entire stay. The front desk allowed us to use their computers to print boarding passes, etc. - see "The Good" above(!) Interestingly, I was never offered a room swap even though the property seemed to be at relatively low capacity. I also did not ask for one, mostly out of curiosity to see if it would be offered. There was no real 'sitting area' or 'work area' in my room other than a straight-backed chair squeezed into a dark corner next to the TV/Fridge stand. It was quite uncomfortable to sit and attempt to work with my laptop in this area but I suppose it was better than sitting on the bed... sort of. I hate sitting and working/eating on a bed as it is murder on my back and neck. The squeeze chair was my only other option. The Ugly: Breakfast; if you want to call it that. The check-in person really sold us on the "Full Hot Breakfast" that is available. Well... the eggs are powdered and tasteless; the sausage is made from something I can only describe as plastic and tastes like a worn out tennis shoe sole (inner & outer combined.) I could not finish the one link I had. The waffle batter seems to be made from rubber and the end result after cooking it in the (filthy handled) cooker confirms it is rubber in both texture and taste. The waffle maker did not want to let go of the finished product and once I got it loose, it was all but inedible - which again, I couldn't bear to finish it. There is a Denny's within walking distance. I don't normally recommend Denny's but it has got to be WAY better than eating at this BW. There was also small containers of yogurt, cereal, and some fruit available which I did not have time to see if they were a better cold alternative. If you plan to eat there, I recommend going with the fruit only. I did not get any coffee but another person in my party said that is was terrible. This is an area that has significant opportunity for improvement at this property. Overall, based on my stay, I cannot recommend the property, especially for ~$100/night at a discounted rate. While the staff are EXTREMELY nice and want to be helpful, the answer our entire group of around 10 people got most often from them was "I don't know" to any questions or issues they had. Your alternatives are a Super-8 across the street and something called "Boulevard Hotel" very nearby. This being my first ever time in Blaine, I can't speak to any comparison against those properties.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all of the comments you wrote and want you to know we are working with our staff and training them for excellence.

We hope you will come back to see us in the future!

Barb Crushshon, Director of Sales & Marketing
Best Western Plus, Minneapolis North-West
763-566-7500
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel exceeded my expectations in quality, comfort of bed, full breakfast included in the price, and the location just 6 miles from cities. The staff went out of their way to ensure a pleasant experience in all categories. They served cookies and tea in the afternoon and assisted us at checking by calling a taxi to pick us up. No hassles throughout our stay. This hotel could be considered a bed and breakfast with all the amenities of a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wasn't even here 24 hours and had the best experience.Staff So knowledgeable about the city and so accommodating.I really fell in love with Minneapolis on this visit and when I come again, I will certainly be staying here! I can hardly wait to plan the trip!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Urbandale, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Erick greeted my reservation call with enthusiasm and efficiency. Maria gave me a nice greeting and got me checked out quickly. Jean is also a great front desk person. And I'm going to miss San-Dee on the night shift. Suki runs a good breakfast and keeps everything sparkling. They all work hard to make my visit wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Barb C, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Minneapolis-Northwest, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for all of the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. They work very hard and truly understand the meaning of teamwork and superior guest satisfaction!
We hope that you will come back to see us in the very near future!
Warmest Regards,
Barb C.
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Minneapolis-Northwest? Share your experiences!