“Great, local, small town restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Brainerd
Cuisines: American
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Great, local, small town restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Barn is a great local hang out with great food. They are known for their Maid Rites and homemade pie. It's in a convenient location, right on Washington/210 in Brainerd, across from the old water tower.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wayzata, Minnesota
“Denise m - not very clean -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Restaurants put grains of RICE in their salt shakers to keep the salt from clumping! There were no bugs in the salt!! Just sayin

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
“Not very clean.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family of 3 went there for lunch.
We were eating our food, and I happened to take another look at the salt shaker after we had received our food, and already used the salt shaker. There were SMALL BUGS inside the shaker, which we had already sprinkled on our food!!!!! I wanted to make sure they were really bugs, and they were, it wasn't just what I thought they were.
Needless to say, that killed our appetites, but we had already eaten about half of our food!
We never went there again, and those small bugs in the shaker is burned in to my memory, now every time I go out to eat, I always look at the shakers when we sit down!
This was a dirty restaurant! YUCK!
This restaurant is so small, that if you had a heart attack, there would be no place to fall!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Pie was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Lunch (Swiss mushroom burger) was great. Many choices for pie. I had banana cream. It was a huge piece and excellent. Nice local folks who gave us many tips of what to do. I highly recommend.

Visited September 2013
“Great food -outstanding Pies!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We came here because of reviews and were glad we did! The soup was homemade and exceptional. The maid rites were just as I rememebed from years ago-- a good alternative to a hamburger. But the pies are what makes this an outstanding place to stop. I got the last rhubarb custard and I am glad I placed my order for it early as it was the last piece they had.

• Visited August 2013