“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were only here for a few hours, but it was great. We arrived late at night and checkin was a breeze. It was such a relief to open the door to our room and find it in immaculate condition. The bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, and the flat screen TV was great. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your quick visit to the Bloomington area. I’m glad you enjoyed our immaculate rooms, comfortable bed and clean bathroom. I hope you are able to extend your stay next time to enjoy some of our other great amenities!
Warm regards,
Jim

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hurley, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This story is almost hard to believe, especially for a Hilton but it is true!!!! We flew into Minneapolis and called the Hilton for a shuttle. The person on the phone said it would be three minutes. We were very happy. We waited 17 minutes and called back. The cell reception was terrible but we would hear someone to say that the shuttle was on the way. We waited another 10 minutes and asked a competitor motel to give us a ride and we would just pay them. They agreed. After riding in a plane for a long time, we were sick of waiting and just wanted to get to the motel. When we checked in, I told the shift manager our story and he did not have any remorse at all. He told me that he had been trying to call the driver and the driver did show up. I had no reason to lie. He was rude and never apologized. I have traveled all over the world and never have been treated like this. It is hard to believe that with a name like Hilton on the sign, the service and employees are so poor. Stay away!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in Minneapolis maybe 30 times for business and pleasure, the way that we were treated...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments and please don't hesitate to contact me directly should you want to discuss this further.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Really cool staff. Bar and restaurant team were very good, and the customer service very memorable. The hotel is close to the Mall of America, and the driver on the shuttle was super friendly and helpful. Room was clean, and overall room was well maintained. Loved the breakfast. Look forward to staying again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stephenson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at a lot of hotels due to work. I have to say, this is the best yet! Very friendly wait staff, best bed so far. Easy access to freeway and super clean and comfortable environment. If you are coming to this area for fun or business, this has to be your spot. Kudos to the manager and his/her staff. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Blackfox,
Words cannot express my gratitude for the great recommendation. Thank you for staying with us, and for the wonderful comments regarding the staff as well as our location. I look forward to your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is located five to ten minutes from the MSP airport and five minutes, or less, from the Mall of America. There is complimentary shuttle service between the airport and hotel, also between the mall and the hotel. As convenient as the location is the shuttle range is extremely limited so I had to rent a car, when driving to the hotel for the first time finding the entrance to the drive and parking area can be confusing so set youe GPS or get very good directions from the hotel web site.
There is a restaurant but I ate in the bar instead. Not sure if the restaurant has a diffeent menu but the menu in the bar is very limited and the drinks are small. I would suggest eating at one of the restaurants in the mall instead.
The bathroom in my room was adaquate and room size, furniture, etc. was average.
Basically, it's a clean business hotel with a really convenient location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Bloomington and for taking the time to write a review. We value all the feedback, and am glad you enjoyed our convenient location along with our clean guestrooms . We do have available different menus for our Olive Lounge area and Chophouse restaurant, hopefully you will be able to do dine there on your next trip.
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first time in this Hilton Hotel during one of my many business trips around the world.
I stayed 4 nights here and was very pleased with the service, friendly staff and especially with the offering at the executive lauch. The Hotel has a modern feel and the rooms are large and light. The shuttle service to the airport and also to the Great Mall of America is outstanding. Thank you for making my stay a wonderfull experiance.

Room Tip: If you can book high floor west side, the view is not bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 4 night stay on your recent business trip to Bloomington and for taking the time to share you experience. We are thankful to have such a great staff that makes our guests feel welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed the amenities in the Executive lounge, our modern rooms, and shuttle transportation.
I hope your travels bring you back to the Twin Cities and to our hotel.
Best regards,
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This Hilton is fairly new and located in an excellent location. It is just south of Southdale shopping center. Around are nice restaurants and a fair amount of convenient commercial activities. The rooms are comfortable, nicely sized and very clean. The beds are excellent. The front desk is always super courtious and helpful. The staff members are obviously well trained. Stuff like this doesn't happen by accident. I also particularly like it that the front desk starf addresses the guests by their last name. This should be done every where but it isn't true. The executive lounge is also very nice with hot breakfast items served daily and the evening snacks and desserts are also excellent. They don't have coffee out in the evening but they have always made a cup for me at the lounge wheneve I have asked. The parking lot is free and well lit. The restaurant also does a nice job. It is overall an excellent Hilon. I have stayed here many times. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Kawidd,

Thank you for continued loyalty and for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all the wonderful comments regarding the staff and how much you have enjoyed our fantastic amenities. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel welcomed and appreciated, and it’s great to hear comments such as yours. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I hope to see you again soon!
Take Care,
Jim Waldvogel

Been to Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington? Share your experiences!