“Great People” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Really cool staff. Bar and restaurant team were very good, and the customer service very memorable. The hotel is close to the Mall of America, and the driver on the shuttle was super friendly and helpful. Room was clean, and overall room was well maintained. Loved the breakfast. Look forward to staying again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Stephenson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at a lot of hotels due to work. I have to say, this is the best yet! Very friendly wait staff, best bed so far. Easy access to freeway and super clean and comfortable environment. If you are coming to this area for fun or business, this has to be your spot. Kudos to the manager and his/her staff. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Blackfox,
Words cannot express my gratitude for the great recommendation. Thank you for staying with us, and for the wonderful comments regarding the staff as well as our location. I look forward to your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is located five to ten minutes from the MSP airport and five minutes, or less, from the Mall of America. There is complimentary shuttle service between the airport and hotel, also between the mall and the hotel. As convenient as the location is the shuttle range is extremely limited so I had to rent a car, when driving to the hotel for the first time finding the entrance to the drive and parking area can be confusing so set youe GPS or get very good directions from the hotel web site.
There is a restaurant but I ate in the bar instead. Not sure if the restaurant has a diffeent menu but the menu in the bar is very limited and the drinks are small. I would suggest eating at one of the restaurants in the mall instead.
The bathroom in my room was adaquate and room size, furniture, etc. was average.
Basically, it's a clean business hotel with a really convenient location.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Bloomington and for taking the time to write a review. We value all the feedback, and am glad you enjoyed our convenient location along with our clean guestrooms . We do have available different menus for our Olive Lounge area and Chophouse restaurant, hopefully you will be able to do dine there on your next trip.
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first time in this Hilton Hotel during one of my many business trips around the world.
I stayed 4 nights here and was very pleased with the service, friendly staff and especially with the offering at the executive lauch. The Hotel has a modern feel and the rooms are large and light. The shuttle service to the airport and also to the Great Mall of America is outstanding. Thank you for making my stay a wonderfull experiance.

Room Tip: If you can book high floor west side, the view is not bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 4 night stay on your recent business trip to Bloomington and for taking the time to share you experience. We are thankful to have such a great staff that makes our guests feel welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed the amenities in the Executive lounge, our modern rooms, and shuttle transportation.
I hope your travels bring you back to the Twin Cities and to our hotel.
Best regards,
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This Hilton is fairly new and located in an excellent location. It is just south of Southdale shopping center. Around are nice restaurants and a fair amount of convenient commercial activities. The rooms are comfortable, nicely sized and very clean. The beds are excellent. The front desk is always super courtious and helpful. The staff members are obviously well trained. Stuff like this doesn't happen by accident. I also particularly like it that the front desk starf addresses the guests by their last name. This should be done every where but it isn't true. The executive lounge is also very nice with hot breakfast items served daily and the evening snacks and desserts are also excellent. They don't have coffee out in the evening but they have always made a cup for me at the lounge wheneve I have asked. The parking lot is free and well lit. The restaurant also does a nice job. It is overall an excellent Hilon. I have stayed here many times. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Kawidd,

Thank you for continued loyalty and for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all the wonderful comments regarding the staff and how much you have enjoyed our fantastic amenities. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel welcomed and appreciated, and it’s great to hear comments such as yours. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I hope to see you again soon!
Take Care,
Skokie, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed here before. We wanted to go to the “Mall of America” and of the Hilton Family of hotels in area we have had very good fortune here.
I will confess to using the Hilton web page and finding the best value weekend. We paid $67 @ night and for a Hilton that is a very good value.

Room Tip: Remember there are two Hilton's one is 3800 E American Blvd and this one is 3900 W American Blvd...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Postman83,

Thank you for being a returning guest. Thank you for recognizing that we offer outstanding value for the high quality we deliver. We encourage you to continue to book on our Hilton direct website for outstanding deals.. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Warm regards,
Jim
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I greatly enjoyed my stay here. I generally stay at Hotel Sofitel, but; was pleasantly surprised. Very nice staff, Melissa, Matt at the front desk. Chad and all the staff in the restaurant and bar area. I had an exceptional meal scallops were very fresh and great! There was a very rude guest that was very mean spirited too the front desk staff. They went out of their way to assist her and I watched true professionalism at work. I really enjoyed my stay, lovely, newer hotel. I will enjoy staying again!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I appreciate all the wonderful comments and acknowledging by name our outstanding front desk and restaurant staff. I also agree with you that our scallops entrée is exceptional. I look forward to your future stays with us!
Take Care,
Jim

Been to Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington? Share your experiences!