“Good stay not happy that I did not get two beds.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Appletree Square, Bloomington, MN 55425   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
LaPorte, Indiana
“Good stay not happy that I did not get two beds.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night during my trip to Mall of AMERICA. I was told that I was only getting one bed and a sofa bed sleeper for 4 people. I was not very happy with that. I asked her if she had any with 2 beds and she said no. Then she told me where to park I don't like that you have to park across the street and do all that walking. If you have a stay coming up to there, please check in with your car by the front door so you can unload luggage before you park, nobody wants to carry there luggage across the street up the elevator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear mdzn5440:
Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that you did not get 2 beds like you requested. We try to accommodate all request the best we can, but unfortuantely we are not always able to accommodate them. We do look forward to seeing you again and it sounds like the rest of your stay was ok. Thanks again for using us and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here to visit MOA with the kids for our sons birthday. I decided to get a suite so we would have extra room which was nice to have. We never made it to the pool cause we were just too tired. I was not a huge fan of the parking ramp cause we parked on the top floor and there was no elevator. A baby in a stroller does not go down steps well especially while carrying all the luggage. We could hear running water all night through the walls which made it hard to fall asleep cause it was loud. Next time I would spend another $15 and stay at the hotel across the street cause this one was just okay.

Dear Frogger22,
I am sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory stay with us. You are right our parking is a little unfriendly to people with luggage and strollers. If there are no spots on the top level, you do need to take stairs to get to the door. We always recommend to unload your vehicles at the front desk. We hope you come back and give us another try. Thank you for taking time to give us a review.
Greensboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If I had booked a Red Roof Inn or Super 8 I would rate this hotel Excellent, but this is a Crown Plaza, and if your expecting a Crown Plaza experience you will be unhappy.

Check in was good and quick
Parking Sucks- lot is a block away, but it is free, so I should be happy, its a crown plaza, should be valet parking. and no bell hop, it is a crown plaza in a major city.

Room was decent- but a 1 bedroom suite should have door between bedroom, and other room, I had wife and kids with, nothing romantic happening in this room,

Kids slept on pull out couch, linens were dirty, called front desk and they didn't have any other blankets,,, remember, this is a crown plaza.

1st day room wasn't cleaned, should never happen at crown Plaza.

pool area always was out of towels, shouldn't happen at crown plaza

internet was slow, normal for free service at holiday inn properties.

And to top it off, I booked reservation through Bloomington .org, got a great deal with tickets to local attractions,,,but apparently since hotel price was better than what IHG website offers( guess that the IHG website price guarantee is misleading), I won't get points for my stay.

I travel for business, 300+ nights a year, stayed in about every type of hotel out there,
So, to sum it up, I would definitely stay somewhere else the next time I visit Minneapolis.

To Greensboro_Dan:
Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not think we lived up to a Crowne Plaza Standard. You are right about our parking, it is frustrating, but for us, that's how the hotel was built so we are not able to change that. We do recommend unloading your luggage at checkin instead of parking and unloading. I would like to talk to you about the rest of your experience so I can get some more information so we can address some of the challenges you had. I am embarrassed to hear about the dirty linens and other things you mentioned. Again, please contact me so we can discuss your experience you had here. Thank you again for the review. We like to hear comments so we can improve our service.

Jim Kasper
Director of Front Office
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed on a weekend and it was very crowded. The drop off area outside the hotel was always congested and the parking is a little inconvenient since you have to use the ramp next to the hotel. Good location - close to the Mall of America, but not really within walking distance. Right across the street from a light rail stop. Also convenient to the airport. They do have a shuttle service available. Staff was friendly. The rooms were nice. Note that if you have a double room, they do not allow an extra rollaway. Even though it was crowded (lots of kids), we did not have any problems with noise during the night. We would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
To Bilbo55:
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do get busy on the weekends and parking can be a challenge. We hope to see you again when you come back. Thanks again for the review.
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed two nights for bussiness purposes and endend up having a great time, staff was really helpfull and friendly, Martel's bar on the hotel was a great place to relax and have some good food.
Shuttle service goes every half an hour to the airport and every hour to the mall of america, great drivers and overall very good staff.
If your plans include mall of america this is the place to stay!
I will stay again there without a doubt!

Room Tip: i was in a high room and was excellent for me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

It was clean and very close to the Mall of America. It has one of the largest pools I have ever seen at a hotel, so if you would like a big pool then this is the place for you. We had a comfortable sleep every night and the staff were very friendly. Would stay here again. This is not an upscale hotel, so if that is what you are looking for then you need to find another hotel.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here for a night on my way through town. The location is very close to the airport and the Mall of America. The rooms are quiet and spacious but shabbier than I'd expect. I found the beds to be hard and very uncomfortable - if you have back pain, you might look elsewhere.

I was impressed by the service. In addition to the standard airport shuttle, when I asked for the front desk to call me a cab they offered me to take me by shuttle for no charge. This wasn't a scheduled shuttle run and they were ready to go immediately. The drivers and desk staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear mmkk1212,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bed. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport

Address: 3 Appletree Square, Bloomington, MN 55425
Location: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport 3.5*
Welcome to Minneapolis/St. Paul! Enjoy your stay at the closest Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites to the Mall of America and MSP International Airport! The Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites MSP Airport / Mall of America is located in the heart of Bloomington, MN and is 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul the Target Center and Mpls Convention Center. Suites: We offer more than 100 beautifully decorated suites with bedroom and spacious living room. All suites are equipped with two televisions, a refrigerator and microwave, two telephones and well-lit dining and work table. Features: The hotel offers free high-speed wireless Internet in all guest rooms. A fitness room allows you to stay on that fitness plan, or relax while traveling. Everyone enjoys our Junior Olympic sized pool. Meetings: We feature over 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Location: For your convenience, we are located off of I-494 and 34th Avenue at the intersection of E. American Blvd & 34th Avenue with free parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Bloomington
Bloomington Holiday Inn
Crowne Plaza Hotel And Suites Minneapolis International Airport Bloomington, MN, North America

If you own or manage Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.