“Great fitness center at Crowne Plaza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Appletree Square, Bloomington, MN 55425   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
San Antonio, Texas
“Great fitness center at Crowne Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had a very pleasant one-night stay in a King Suite at the Crowne Plaza and really enjoyed the large fitness center and huge pool. The equipment was all in working order and high quality. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and professional. Loved the made-to-order breakfast that was included in the room price. I do think that the hotel should consider updating the room bathrooms in order to keep to the Crowne Plaza standard. We didn't take advantage of the free shuttle to the Mall of America, but noted that it was available. Overall, a fine stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Roseau, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent the weekend at Crowne Plaza - MOA/Airport. The location was great. All the hotel staff were pleasant. The rooms were spacious and nice. The pool area was large with plenty of seating and a large pool and hot tub. The fitness center was great and much larger than I had expected. All the machines were new and plenty of space. We utilized room service as were exhausted from shopping all day. The room service staff was prompt and friendly. Overall, great stay and definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Horsens, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed there again on a business trip - this time during the weekend and again while heading back to Europe (this time I had more time, so I also visited Mall of America). The hotel is still i fine place to stay and I was not disappointed this time either.
The rooms (I upgraded to a King bed Suite both times) was fine and very clean. The temperature controls were fine and furthermore needed, as the weather was extremely nice considering the time of the year.
Concierge service was fine, helpful, and timely and the drivers running the shuttle service to MoA and the airport is only to be praised for their good humour and helpfulness..
The restaurant is good, serving fairly large portions, and an excellent breakfast. The bar is also fine; the service is quick and responsive, which is good when you come exhausted back from MoA and a seasonal brew awaits to revive you.
The location between the airport and MoA is fine, and even if you miss a shuttle to MoA (runs every hour by the hour) you can take the train directly to the mall - the stop is just outside the hotel to the left and fare is 1,70 USD.
I will still recommend the hotel for a stay close to the airport and MoA.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suites - the price difference is negligible. Take rooms far away from the lifts - corner...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brookfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My 8 year old daughter and I planned a girls weekend, and although we didn't have a horrible stay, there were too many issues to warrant a higher rating.
The good:
1. My daughter just started swimming lessons and LOVED the 7 foot section of the pool. Even though it was just a plain pool and I thought the water was too cold, she loved it, so that's all that matters.
2. The front desk staff were super nice and accommodating. No complaints there!
3. The MOA shuttles were always right on time, both picking up and dropping off.

The not so good:
1. I was surprised that a 3.5 star hotel was so...unfinished. There were so many details that seemed overlooked.
2. The elevators were kind of scary - we always felt like we were going to get stuck in them!
3. I forgot my razor at home and called down to get a complimentary one, which was never brought up.
4. The telephone at the shuttle kiosk was broken (not Crowne Plaza's fault), so I had to call the hotel from my cell phone (luckily I had their phone # on my print out). The woman who answered told me that the phone always works and I should try it again. I told her no and to please send the shuttle. The not-so-bad part here was that the shuttle arrived in about 5 minutes.
5. We ordered room service at 7pm Saturday night, and when we came back to the hotel the next night at about 6pm, our dinner tray from the night before was still next to our door. An hour later when we went down to the pool, the tray had been moved to the elevator area. Just thought that was kind of strange.

The bad:
1. The day we checked out, my daughter and I woke up early for the buffet breakfast. We were seated at a table that had just been vacated as there was still the tip on the table. We sat got our food and sat down. I put the folded cloth napkin in my lap, and a few minutes later when I went to use it, I had to peel it off of my clothes. There was syrup everywhere - dripping down my shirt, pants, onto my shoes, and all over the floor. The server closest to me gave me her dishrag that she had just cleaned another table with to clean my hands and clothing and I had to ask another passing server for a clean wet dishcloth. I was so disgusted and covered with syrup that we didn't even want to finish our breakfast. Obviously the table hadn't been cleaned off properly and it was likely that we may have even been eating with utensils from the previous customers. The manager came over and offered to dry clean my clothing, which I declined since I was already soaking wet from cleaning them with the wet rag, and we were leaving that day anyway and wouldn't have been able to wait. The manager then took my bill and said it was on him, and then walked away. We waiting for about 10 minutes to get the adjusted bill as I thought I would still pay for my daughters breakfast, but nobody ever came back, so we left and let the front desk person know which room we were in just in case we were supposed to pay for the bill. I never heard anything back.
2. After several questions about the shuttle service to the airport, I scheduled our day around being back in time for the every 1/2 hour shuttle. We left on the shuttle at 3:30pm with a couple of airline pilots and two other women. The driver went to Terminal 1 and let everyone out. We and one of the other women were going to Terminal 2. The driver informed us that we should have waited for the other shuttle as he wasn't going to Terminal 2 and had a big airline crew to pick up. He was going to bring up back to the hotel instead of dropping us at Terminal 2. The other lady on the bus was extremely upset because we could miss our flights if we had to go back and wait another hour for a shuttle, but he said he was on a schedule and had to stick to it because the airline crew was waiting for him. It wasn't until she threatened to call his supervisor and I asked why we were getting substandard treatment over an airline crew that hadn't been picked up yet that he said he would drive us to Terminal 2 and have the other shuttle driver come out for the airline crew. Never once had any of the front desk or shuttle drivers asked or told me about different shuttle times for different terminals. This could have cost us our flight.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask which terminal of the airport the shuttle driver is going to - they do not go to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Sherri G,

We appreciate your willingness to share a detailed review of our property, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am pleased you were satisfied with our rooms and the hotel's cleanliness. Please accept our sincerest apologies with the confusion regarding the shuttle services and for any inconvenience it might have caused you. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really enjoyed my 5-day stay here. My bed was comfy, the room temp controls worked very well, the pool was big and just the right temp. The front desk and restaurant staff were all super polite and friendly. The food at the restaurant was good.

There are 3 Crowne Plazas in the area, so do be sure you double check you've booked at the correct one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ForsR, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I will be sharing your comments with our staff.
Thank you again for your comments.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is ideally located near both the MSP airport and the Mall of America with complimentary shuttle service to both. The restaurant is good and bar is quite lively, both have good food and excellent drinks. The rooms, even the non-suites, are a good size and the concierge lounge has breakfast and afternoon cocktails/hors d'oeurves available to Priority Club members. There is also free parking, though the person who designed the parking deck may have had a wicked sense of humor; wifi is also complimentary.

I travel to MSP for business often and, after years staying at a different property, recently switched to this hotel because it is so comfortable.

Room Tip: So far I have had 4 different rooms and all were good. The concierge floors (9 & 13) require ke...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for great review regarding your recent stay with us.
We always share our guest reviews with our staff and we appreciate your comments.
I will forward to meeting you on your next trip back to the Bloomington area.

Thanks Again
SASKATOON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked through Hotwire so we had a great deal. We drove so being close to the airport really was not an issue for us. We were on the 11th floor and had a great view of the city, also saw the planes coming in ond out of the airport. Free shuttle service to the Mall of America which was very easy to use. Great breakfast in the morning, highly recommend you try the chicken/apple sausages. They are great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ForsR, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We look foward to seeing you next time when your travels bring you to the Bloomington area.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport

Address: 3 Appletree Square, Bloomington, MN 55425
Location: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport 3.5*
Welcome to Minneapolis/St. Paul! Enjoy your stay at the closest Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites to the Mall of America and MSP International Airport! The Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites MSP Airport / Mall of America is located in the heart of Bloomington, MN and is 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul the Target Center and Mpls Convention Center. Suites: We offer more than 100 beautifully decorated suites with bedroom and spacious living room. All suites are equipped with two televisions, a refrigerator and microwave, two telephones and well-lit dining and work table. Features: The hotel offers free high-speed wireless Internet in all guest rooms. A fitness room allows you to stay on that fitness plan, or relax while traveling. Everyone enjoys our Junior Olympic sized pool. Meetings: We feature over 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Location: For your convenience, we are located off of I-494 and 34th Avenue at the intersection of E. American Blvd & 34th Avenue with free parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Bloomington
Bloomington Holiday Inn
Crowne Plaza Hotel And Suites Minneapolis International Airport Bloomington, MN, North America

If you own or manage Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Minneapolis International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.