“2 miles to moa and 3 miles to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
NY
“2 miles to moa and 3 miles to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Next to highway. Unfortunately I got a room facing the highway. All I heard was the cars, trucks whizzing by. No comp breakfast, free internet, on site restaurant. Breakfast was not great, buffet style, limited selection and overpriced at $11 pp. Decent, clean hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate our guests who take the time to give us feedback. We know the convenience of being alongside a freeway can cause some road noise. For that reason our windows are triple paned. Also, for our more noise sensitive guests we do offer rooms facing the south and away from the freeway.
I hope you will consider us again in the future. Please contact me personally if there is anything I can assist you with

952-876-0100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed overnight while visiting the Twin Cities. Convenient location to MOA. Room bought on special. Had two queen beds. Felt small and bouncy. Room was facing a freeway so kinda loud. Didn't like housekeeping knocking on the door at 7:45 am. Business hotel so used to guests leaving early a.m. Room was light on decor and echoed. Otherwise a clean, nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Darrynm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

Hailey, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Older building with an updated look. Rooms are clean with the basic amenities. Not my favorite Courtyard. The restaurant had good food. The gym was small with 5 pieces of equipment. I'd stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Travis Z.

Thank you for you review, I truly value the observations of our guests as it allows us to improve our service. I’m sorry that we didn’t meet all your needs during your stay. I want to assure you that we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations in both product and service.
I’m glad to hear how much you enjoyed Jake’s Restaurant food. Thank you for staying with us and hope when your travels bring you back to the area you allow us to prove our commitment to our guests.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed the weekend of April 11th-13th, 2014. The hotel main lobby is very nice and clean and updated, however when you get to the room, it is extremely outdated. The bed wasn't super comfortable either. The room was clean and the hotel is in a great location in regards to the Mall of America. If you are looking for fancy however i would go elsewhere. Also, the hotel sits right off of the highway, so if your room faces that direction (as ours did), you will get alot of road noise. This hotel is simply for the BASICS, which include sleeping and showering and that is it.

I was actually surprised to see such an outdated and old Courtyard Marriott.

Staff was fine, not overly friendly and by no means rude, just doing their job.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the direction of the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value feedback that is positive or not so positive as it helps us improve. You are correct that the hotel sits off the highway. This can be convent for our guests. We advise light sleepers to request the non-highway side or a high floor. With our triple pane windows this isn't usually an issue.. I have passed your comments on to our Guest Service Manager as we strive to give the best greeting and guest experience possible. From the sounds of your employee interactions that didn't happen on your stay. If your travels find you in the area again I hope you will stay with us. We will ensure your stay is perfect!

Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

First impression was good, but arriving into the room resulted in disappointment. Old carpet, tile and fixtures. Beds need to be replaced with the Marriott's signature mattresses. Dresser is knee high with flat TV on top - unable to watch while laying in bed.
Just an ok and hotel, shouldn't carry the brand name. Staff was not impressive, after arriving at the end of my16hr work day he was complaining and yawning about his, he went through polite motions and was nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear, eidnerb

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate our guests who take the time to give us feedback. We strive to improve ourselves and our products every day and with every stay. I will be communicating your comments and suggestions to the appropriate department head so these issues can be resolved.

Chaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the black-out pull shade to support the more decorative shutters to block out the morning light. The sink area is separate from the bathroom which is nice, but the bath fan was excessively loud. The heating/cooling system could use updating as it is an older model that just offers high and low settings for hot or cool air which is not as user friendly as the newer temperature setting type. We did not have breakfast as it was not included.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the 6th floor or higher on the south side so that you're not looking at th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Its experiences you describe that make our jobs worthwhile. I will make sure I pass your comments on to our engineering team. They are replacing our present units with thermostat controlled ones.
We hope to see you again if your travels find you in our area.
Winter Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed here on business in early April 2014 on a corporate rate. The rate included breakfast (as I confirmed at time of res. and time of checkin) but got charged for breakfast the first day. Had to talk to desk and the person who checked me in confirmed it was included and that worked for day 2 but they never reversed day 1. Requested a quiet room away from elevators. I was away from elevators, but had a room on second floor directly over the restaurant kitchen. The kitchen apparently has metal shelving or ceiling racks because it sounded like someone was hitting chinese gongs until about 1 am. On the plus side, breakfast is very good and reasonably priced if you have to pay for it. Decor is tired and old but the HK staff do a good job of keeping the place clean. There are lots of options in the Mall of America area... I'd suggest trying someplace else.

Room Tip: Not the second floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for you review, I truly value the observations of our guests as it allows us to improve our service. I apologize for the noise issue you experienced and the confusion on the included breakfast. I assure you this is not typical issues for our hotel. If your bill has not been corrected please contact me and I will make it right. I will also communicate to all our front desk associates that the 2nd floor isn’t that quiet especially for a guest requesting a quiet room.

If your travels find you in the area again I hope you give us a second chance to make things right.
Darryn Maloney

Been to Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis Bloomington? Share your experiences!