“Disappointing Welcome” 2 of 5 stars

Mobile Check-In
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
“Disappointing Welcome”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I was not lucky enough to get the informative-and-welcoming-check-people-in-fast Tracy upon my arrival. My check in girl was unfriendly and took forever to "find us a room"; "check in isn't till 3:00". Meanwhile Tracy checked in three or four families without such complaints. Then when we haul all our luggage upstairs, we find our keys were not properly activated and I had to go down again and wait in line. She offered no apology just a simple "there's no reason it isn't working". Argggggh. Disappointing service and not welcoming.
Rooms themselves are fine and fairly priced.

Stayed July 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Reenie004,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington. I'm sorry to hear that your check in experience was less than satisfactory. We strive to impress our guests, and I'm sorry that we came up short during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with my front desk staff to ensure future guests do not have the same experience. Please allow us the opportunity to make up for this on your next visit to the area.

Valrico, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself, while pricey, is in a nice location. Located across the highway from the Mall of America and just off the freeway exit. The place is clean, staff courteous and they offer a a free shuttle service to the mall. Beats having to cross four lanes of constant traffic. The pool while not large was OK as was the hot tub. The reception desk sports a small grocery nook that sells some essentials i.e. laundry soap, toiletries and water/sodas. WiFi is available and pretty fast. There is ample parking.

So why not more stars? Well it is a little pricey at over $400 for 3 nights but the complimentary breakfast was a nightmare. One staffer trying to managed a hoard of visitors in a room design to hold 20 people does not work. Trying to navigate past the angry gray hairs and screaming kids was the most miserable experience we have had in a hotel. By the time we were able to get some food on a plate we were ready to butcher a few folks. Reminded me of the subway crowds in Tokyo.

So in the end what is a nice hotel suffers from what was poorly thought out as a value added experience for its customers - NOT.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank edge8400
Dear Edge8400,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location, shuttle service and indoor pool. Please accept my apologies that your experience at our complimentary breakfast was less than exceptional. We appreciate your feedback and I will address it accordingly with my breakfast staff. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice efficient hotel for overnight on business. Many families and kids do to the Mall across the street. Bathroom small... Room small... TV small... But all clean and new. Very close to the airport but never heard a plane inside. Stayed on the third floor might be different on the fourth. Shuttle service to airport was on time, clean, and friendly.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Camarillodan
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Camarillodan,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a clean and quiet night in your room and that our airport shuttle suited your needs. We hope that you will once again choose to stay with us on your next trip to the area.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed for a night between an international and a domestic connection. The free shuttle and proximity to the airport and Mall of America were very convenient, and the driver, Bill, was a rockstar.

The friendliness, professionalism, and attentiveness of the staff were outstanding. The front desk upgraded me to a king suite at no cost and also let me use their phone to call my family, when I was unexpectedly without my laptop, cell, and other items.

The hot breakfast buffet was hardy and flavorful, offering omelettes, potatoes, bacon, and other hot and cold items.

I will be staying at this hotel again with family again this year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Barstow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wonderful hotel with a very helpful staff. Hotel was clean, beds were great with plenty of pillows. The breakfast buffet was awesome. Our first morning I had a strawberry waffle/bacon, second morning I had biscuits & gravy, both were yummy. This buffet had more items then I can list, it even had both sausage and bacon. Hotel provides shuttle to both the Airport & Mall, so we turned our car in two days early. Would stay at this hotel again just great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank GingerNBarstow
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The room is clean and nicely equipped. We left early in the morning for the airport and the staff gave us brown bags for breakfast which was nice. The airport shuttle is free, on time and very helpful.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lake Orion, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Needed a one night stay on my way to the Twin Cities and Rockford, IL was the perfect stop. The staff at Fairfield was outstanding and very sensitive to my need for a feather free room. The hotel was clean and all appliances (TV, hair dryer) worked properly. The breakfast was nicer than most free breakfasts in this price range. All in all a nice place with great people.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple