You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Boston
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

After leaving another inn down the street I ventured into the Fairfield Inn. Although I came just a few minutes too late for the lowest price room, the woman at the front desk still gave me a discount. The lobby area is clean and bright. The room is clean and sufficient if you are not going to spend much time in it. The bathroom was a bit too small. Just not much room in it. The pool is clean and so too is the jacuzzi. The breakfast was pleasant--what you would expect from this level hotel. If only the coffee cups could be a bit larger.

Only issue with location was the noise of the planes taking-off and landing. The noise came right through the window.

Nice place if you are next to the Mall of America. Great location!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We cannot fault this hotel, from the first greeting to the wave goodbye we felt we had made friends with the staff as that's how we were treated. First the basics, good location to go to the Mall of America with Free bus, Clean room well equipped and even though we were facing the lift did not hear a thing. Nice breakfast everything you need to start the day.
Now the little bits which lift a stay. We did not like the first room as we found it a little too small for us and as we were staying for 4 nights we needed something a little larger, my wife went down to the reception and spoke to a young lady called Lori who sorted this out for us in minutes with a great rate to upgrade the room. Lori helped me out a number of times with email problems and directions always with a smile and the genuine desire to help me.
Another front desk member named Mike helped me to get tickets to our first College Football game and gave me some useful tips in parking around the stadium and finally a small problem with our bill was sorted out without fuss in minutes by Brian whilst we were eating breakfast. Yes this hotel is near the flight path for the Airport but not once did I feel the stay was ruined by this and to be honest I could not see the passengers in the planes as stated by a previous reviewer. With the amount of aircraft landing at airports around the World I really think that this reviewers comments were a little over reactionary. A great hotel, with great staff.

Room Tip: Room 215 was ours and it was very good only 8 steps to the Pool via the lift
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you need to stay near the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, this hotel is highly recommended. While rooms are very small, every standard amenity is provided. You can also do your laundry before returning home, and swim in their nice but small pool. Their breakfast is more complete than a continental breakfast and even includes Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. Great value for the money. Parking was also free.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice hotel. Good breakfast. Service was good.
However, depending on which way the wind is blowing, you are right on a flight path, and can be very noisy.
Other than airport noise, excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Across the street from the Mall Of America. Close shuttle for getting to the Minnesota State Fair. Very comfortable room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fargo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Just got home from a mini-vacation in Minneapolis to see the Twins game and the Mall of America. The Fairfield Inn was a perfect place for us. Coming from a smaller town, I hate driving in Minneapolis traffic. It was such a relief for me to park my car (free parking!) the entire time.

Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and immediately advised about the shuttle to/from the Mall of America. I had stayed here before and knew about them, but figured it would be less hassle to just drive. However, when I discovered that the shuttle runs at the top of every hour it was very convenient for us to take the shuttle to the light rail and get down to Target field. After the game we had a lot of confusion as to where we were suppose to meet the shuttle driver since we weren't dropped off at the pick-up point (which I wish we would have been - although the driver was trying to help us get on the earlier train). Not a huge deal, but it took a few calls to the hotel before we found the exact place we needed to be.

It appeared that the hotel was recently remodeled and nicer than what I had remembered. It had a trendy feel. The beds were nice and comfortable (as to expect from a Marriott chain). The room had a LG flat screen tv, dresser drawers, small closet, desk, etc. The bathroom was somewhat snug, but adequate. Sinks were located inside the actual bathroom (which it's better when they are on the outside for others to use when more than one person is getting ready). The shower had adequate pressure for a nice hot shower. There was Panteen brand shampoo and conditioner.

The breakfast area had a wide range to offer from waffle irons (with berries and whipped cream), muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, jimmy dean sandwiches, etc. Your typical flare. I was happy that there was low fat options available. There was always people working in the breakfast area to make sure that everything was fully stocked.

My boyfriend did use the gym and was impressed with the Precor elliptical, which is all he used. He also used the hot tub. The pool itself looked adequate in size. I did not use the business center. I did use their free WiFi and I would say that the speed could have been improved, although it wasn't too terrible. However, if I was traveling on business and needed more bandwidth other than just surfing the net, I wouldn't have been happy with that.

Overall, I would have to say that I was quite happy with my stay at Fairfield and if I have a similar need to stay near Bloomington, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Park your car and take the shuttle service whenever possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Hope, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

A group of 5 of us stayed here for one night before a conference in Minneapolis. After a 14 hour drive from Michigan, we wanted a place to hang out, and relax, that was close The Mall of America. We found everything we were looking for, and more. We arrived at about 9:30 in the morning and Tracy at the front desk apolegetically explained that the hotel had been booked the night before, so our rooms were not ready yet. She was super nice and professional, and offered us the use of the bathroom to change, told us to hang out at the pool, and help ourselves to breakfast if we wanted. Our rooms were ready in a little over an hour. The rooms were fine, the beds were VERY comfortable, and the hotel is literally across the street from The Mall of America.
But the highlight of this place is Bill, the shuttle driver. The FREE shuttle will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go within reason, but Bill went above and beyond. Somewhere between us checking in, and then going back out to our vehicle a few hours later, someone had stolen the hub cap and some lugnuts off our van! (This is in no way a reflection of the hotel or the area that it's in.) Bill contacted the police for us, called an auto parts store to reserve the lugnuts, drove us out there, and then put them on when we got back. We can't thank him enough for his awesome service!
He also took us to Wal-mart, Sams Club, and then a restuarant later. He kept us laughing telling us stories about his dog. He was the highlight of our stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America

Address: 2401 American Boulevard East, Bloomington, MN 55420
Location: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
#8 Romantic Hotel in Bloomington
#11 Family Hotel in Bloomington
#21 Business Hotel in Bloomington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America 2.5*
Renovations Completed August 2009. We now offer an Exercise Room, Market, and Guest Laundry. Located just across the street from the Mall of America, this hotel is the closest Marriott hotel to this world-famous entertainment and shopping venue. A complimentary shuttle ride gets you to the Mpls/St. Paul International Airport or Mall of America. For kids, we offer the Nickelodeon Your Stay Program - a great way to help your little traveler enjoy their stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
Fairfield Inn And Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall Of America
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis
Fairfield Inn Bloomington
Fairfield Bloomington
Bloomington Fairfield Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall Of America MN, North America

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.