“Good place to stay near airport and Mall of America” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good place to stay near airport and Mall of America”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were here to attend my brother's graduation. We stayed for 2 nights. The room is spacious and check in and check out were a breeze.There is free parking and hotel shuttle to airport and mall of america if you are not driving. Indoor swimming pool and hot tub looks inviting even though we did not try it.For the pricing it offers great value for money than downtown hotels.

Room Tip: They have newly renovated floors but only have shower option. Ask for a quiet room,not the one facin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you! It's great to receive such a nice review. We hope you get a chance to come back some time to visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just got back from a very brief business trip to Bloomington, MSP. I had to write a review of the Crowne Plaza; I stay in many generic business hotels across the USA, but the service and facilities offered here were exceptional.

So many to mention, but I'll try!

1: the staff - genuinely could not have been more helpful. The staff in the restaurant, especially Valorie, went above and beyond and were a credit to the hotel.
2: the room: wonderful - lovely toiletries, everything was spotless, the room was a great size and the double shower was top quality
3: the business centre; although small (two desks) - it was fully stocked, the printer was speedy and excellent, not a single hitch
4: wifi - free and fast - what a bonus

There is also a really large pool and fitness centre, plus the food in the restaurant is of a good quality.

The shuttle bus is regular, and makes scheduled trips to and from the Mall of America and airport, as well as ad hoc journeys to local restaurants (I can highly recommend 'Kincaids').

I genuinely can't fault the service, facilities or staff at this hotel, and look forward to returning really soon.

Room Tip: the 'womens only floor' has a separate key entry, and a fully stocked refridgerator in the c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for the review! We are definetly not the generic hotel! Thanks for enjoying what we have to offer. We hope to see you again and again.
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We held a two-day board meeting here. The staff are warm, cheerful and responsive. The banquet manager was a joy to work with. The kitchen accommodated 3 special dietary requests without a problem. Food service was reasonably priced, the food quality drew compliments from attendees. I heard no complaints from any of our board members or staff. Many of our folks travel a lot on business, so those positive reviews are significant. The temperature in the meeting room can be adjusted by the group, so no need to wait for someone from the hotel to adjust temperature. Everyone liked their rooms. This hotel is also a union hotel. From the wonderful staff service, I'd say that treating your employees well shows in the service they provide.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you! Those are wonderful words. Happy employees that are happy to call this hotel their home, you can feel the difference. Keep us ion mind in the future. We would love to see you again.
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Awesome hotel. Stayed on Ladies Only floor. Loved the extra amenities...free snacks, bottled water, sodas, ocean, etc. Lovely rooms, updated and modern. Hotel staff was incredible! I would recommend this property.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you! I am happy to know that were able to make your stay with us a fun and successful one. Thanks for the review and come back to see us anytime.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights recently and was quite impressed with the quality of the service from all staff. Every staff member that I dealt with (front desk, shuttle, restaurant and banquet) was extremely welcoming, patient, friendly and professional. I flew in and didn't have a car so the location of the hotel wasn't the best for me, but the shuttle was a convenient way to get around. I don't get to pick out my hotels, but I was very pleased with this one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! When your company is picking out the hotel, you must always wonder what you are in store for. We try our best and I am glad you enjoyed the stay. Thank you again!
Thunder Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I just thought I would mention how great the service was when I checked in earlier today. Ashley greeted me at the front desk and was so friendly and genuine that I felt the need to mention it in this writeup. I wish every hotel I've stayed at had someone like her working there.
As for the rest, the pool looked great, the hot tub was great, the room was newly renovated and was fantastic. The price was fair and comparable to other hotels available and I am very happy to have stayed here.
I will come back again as long as the price stays similar.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also thanks for making it a nice one. We will be looking forward to your next visit.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed in this hotel because we were on business and thus was the recommended hotel. Let me say not everything was bad. We flew in early on a Sunday and had called several days prior regarding early check in. The exact phrase was nope... We are booked that weekend. I understand being booked however I never use nope with customers. Once we arrived we actually were able to check in early. My husband requested, if available, a king room and even offered to check in later if we could have a king. Luckily she found one but was not very pleasant about the request. She wasn't unpleasant but just not pleasant. We then asked about lunch in the restaurant and the lady said they opened in at noon. We were OK with that, only 20 minutes so we went to room. As we were preparing to go down for lunch the desk called and said the restaurant actually wasn't open for lunch on Sunday. She then proceeded to tell us she forgot to give us breakfast vouchers and we could pick them up at the desk. We were really hungry since we had not eaten since 4:00 that morning. We were pondering our options when the clerk knocked on door and did deliver the vouchers. She then said she would call a cab for us and call us, it would take maybe 15 minutes. 30 minutes later we walked down to see about the cab and found information on restaurants close by. We asked if any open and could you walk. She was not completely sure but thought so.
Later that evening at the bar the bartender was friendly until we asked about other places to go watch a ballgame.
The front desk staff that evening was very helpful and said they could help us get an earlier shuttle to Mall on Monday if our group wanted. They followed through on that. As for return to hotel, several of us were later due to game but the shuttle would have picked us up if we had waited an hour. We did decide to go on in a taxi but that offer and the special shuttle run were the highlights.
Breakfast was fine and included, at least for one person per room but was not explained at check in.
The fire alarm went off Sunday and no one seemed to really care that we were inconvenienced with that. In fact I am not sure any staff paid close attention to that. Tuesday night our in room fire alarm went off. Not knowing it was just ours it was surprising to get to desk and have the clerk not apologize but just call maintenance. I will go back to not total implosion... They did fix it within about 20 minutes but this was at 11:00 at night.
This hotel tried to overcome shortcomings but sometimes you just fail and they failed.
Chalk it up to new staff, renovations... Yes they are renovating... But still fail.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
All I can say is, you are right! It sounds to me that we failed to provide the wonderful experience that I know we are capable of. I am very sorry to hear about a less than impressive stay for you. We would love to talk in more detail about the stay if you would like. Please contact either myself (Travis Blackwell) or the General Manager, Charlie Lamont if you would to discuss your stay with us further. We are sorry and really would like to have another opportunity to show you the great experience that we can craft for you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington? Share your experiences!