“Modern, Clean, Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greenville, SC
“Modern, Clean, Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a very nice CP property and in good location also. Just a few minutes from Mall of America and at is right off the 494 loop.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars but there was a little confusion in the reservation process and final bill.

I called in advance to find out what perks Platinum members receive. I specifically asked about breakfast vouchers and was told that they would be given out. Upon check-in that was not the case. Not a big deal, as an extra $10 really isn't the end of the world.

The other issue I encountered was the final bill. It was inaccurate and I was charged an extra night.. I also received a mini receipt/bill from dining charges (it was slid under my door) after my first night even though I stayed 3 nights. So back to the extra night I was charged, Courtney assisted in fixing that after I returned home from my trip. She was quite friendly and got everything straightened out almost immediately (and in just 1 phone call, in which I was very thankful for).

Upon check-in I was greeted as a Platinum member upgraded to a junior suite (room 267). I was also given the opportunity to choose between I think 500 bonus points, a free drink at the bar, or snack. I choose the points but I have not received them to date.

So, it seems like I'm beating up the hotel, but actually it was a really good stay for the following reasons:

- quality internet speed
- quality water pressure
- quiet rooms
- very clean and relaxing
- soft bed
- upgraded toiletry amenities beyond the normal CP offering

And the best thing about the hotel. They actually have GPS systems to loan (also ipods, but didn't use that). This was critical for me because the GPS on my phone would not work for some reason. This was the only hotel that I have ever stayed at that offered that, which for me was a big plus because I didn't have to go back to the airport to rent one.

In summary, I would stay here again. It is a clean, modern, and relaxing property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The location is convenient, the staff are great, but there were a few issues. 1. Turning off the light fixture above the door cut the power to the lamp between the beds; there was no way to read in bed and then just turn out the light. 2. The bed linens were stiff and "noisy" - not a terribly comfortable experience. Also, since this is MN, it would have been nice to have had an extra blanket or two in the room. I should have made a request to the front desk. 3. The heating/cooling system is controlled by wall thermostat, which is great, but there was no way to turn only the fan on. I usually turn the fan on in hotel rooms to block noise from other rooms and the hallway. I think most of these concerns could be addressed relatively easily.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Barbara B,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lake Crystal, Minnesota, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We did a park and fly trip out of the Crowne Plaza. The people all were very helpful and Rick our driver at midnight on a Saturday was quite the guy!!! Very friendly, helpful and committed to our service.

Overall a very good experience from beginning to end, we would stay here again with no concerns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob T
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'll be honest with you.....normally I don't put in the time to write a review unless I've had a horrible experience. Sadly the good, or even great, stays are rarely written about. But I had to make an exception this time.

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bloomngton (CPB) for a business trip. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted a place to rest and relax for a week. The staff was very accommodating, and worked hard to make sure that I was taken care of. And everything was easy to get to (lobby, business center) without much if any friction. But the highlight of my stay was definitely Wednesday (stayed from Sunday until Friday)

Disappointed by the website stating that there was a sauna on the premises (was removed during a renovation from what I was told - PLEASE UPDATE THAT ONLINE), I wanted to go to a real gym. Don't get me wrong, the facility on site was sufficient, but there is nothing like a full workout, and I wanted to play basketball. It's a healthy addiction. There was a gym about 6 miles away from the hotel, and I was told that it was too far for the shuttle to take me there. I went upstairs admittedly a little sad that I wouldn't get to feed my addiction for the week. And then something happened that has NEVER happened to me before: someone offered to drive me. Douglas Sloan. My elation was through the roof. This guy went out of his way to take me somewhere that he didn't have to. I work in retail, and nothing is more important (and valuable) than great customer service. Douglas took me to the gym, and was picking me up when I was done. I was FLOORED. Great service like this just doesn't happen anymore. And it is an under appreciated talent. I hate to sound cliche, but Douglas Sloan deserves a raise. The shuttle service, especially Douglas, makes me proud to say that I stayed at the CPB. It's a very enjoyable experience. If you ever go there, enjoy it: its fun.

I feel really bad that I cannot remember the name of the gentleman that took me to the service station to pick up some snacks after the restaurant in the hotel closed. That was also going above and beyond, and I truly appreciated it. I wish I could remember your name to give you your credit as well.

I'm very critical in how I view hotels.....my career in retail and sales has made me very attentive to detail, and CPB passed my eye test. My opinion may not matter as much, but if you're ever in Minneapolis, its really worth getting exceptional service at an affordable price.

Toyran Patrick
Mobile Manager
Best Buy

Room Tip: They actually have rooms right by the pool. If you like pool time, I strongly suggest them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Toyran P
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights to be near Fairview Southdale Hospital. Rooms are quite spacious with excellent housekeeping services. We liked that this is a medium-sized hotel so there was no large crowds. The menu at the restaurant/bar is diverse enough to satisfy most diners, with hearty salads to new York steak. Food was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. My husband caught a bad cold when we checked in and the waitress who delivered room service breakfast on the first day went out of her way to make sure he was taken care of during our stay, including bringing up a bowl of chicken soup the next day. There's a covered swimming pool, fitness room and coin-operated washer/dryer.

Location is on the corner of 'MN100 & 84th. We discovered a couple of excellent restaurants about a half block away on 83rd -- Parma 8200 for contemporary Italian and Kincaid's steak house.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoffersHawaii
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Our restaurant is also diverse enough for me to eat at five nights a week. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I hope the chicken noodle soup helped with your husbands recovery.
minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Read the reviews and thought that this might be a special place to stay. It was nothing out of the ordinary. The chair in our room was worn and faded out. the movie we watch continually stopped. The staff was good, the bed OK, but I felt the pillows were too soft, there were areas in the room that had not been dusted for awhile, nothing major. The coffee machine did not work the greatest. We ate in the hotel restaurant, the service was great the food was good. The only thing was the feel in the restaurant was like a High School cafeteria. The food itself was good, except the mashed potatoes had been scooped with and ice cream scoop and then microwaved to heat up they were slightly dried on the outside and cool in the middle. Getting in and out to the hotel with a car is not difficult but there are some one way streets to be aware of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear hjertsjo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your positive feedback on our staff and comfortable beds. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to provide an outstanding hotel stay experience with regard to the level of cleanliness in your room, food quality and hotel amenities. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by the hotel management and take actions accordingly.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Douglas was a great shuttle driver with excellent service and guidance! He gave relevant information and always had an upbeat presence. Overall the hotel was a great stay with fabulous service and a family atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013
I thank you.
We all thank you and...
Doug thanks you.
I'm glad we were able to make your visit an enjoyable one.