We got in really late to MSP and the free shuttle had stopped from the hotel. Caught a taxi, which cost around $20 due to the added airport fee. So not ideal but we had to do it.
The hotel was fully booked and people were still trying for a room well after midnight when we arrived. Check in was friendly and our room was on a good floor in a quiet area..... until the next morning!
Noise is generally from guests and pretty common but you would expect that housekeeping would not be in this category and to this degree. Not so here!
They just let the door bang on the lock that is pulled across to stop the door closing while they come and go from the room, then slam it shut with force.
It was so bad our room walls kept shaking each time she did this and with the hotel full it went on from early morning.
So we didn't get much of a sleep in after a late arrival.
In the end we had to politely say something to her and the answer was that it was policy and we would have to speak to her manager. We did the right thing and passed this on to them through reception. It didn't help as next morning the banging and slamming started again. This housekeeping 'procedure' ruined a good stay in a great room because we couldn't get any sleep once they started to work and generally disturbed the peace of mind of hotel guests.
We can't say anything about the room though. It was our first stay in a Homewood Suite and it had absolutely everything you could need for a comfortable stay (the only reason why we gave it a good rating). In the main room there is a sofa, LCD TV, fully equipped kitchen with washed utensils in the dishwasher so you know they are clean (once you found them of course).
In the bedroom was a comfortable King bed, another LCD TV to watch, overhead fan, huge sliding wardrobe, ensuite bathroom with a small separate vanity.
Couldn’t believe the amount of room and facilities and it was a pleasure to stay.
Breakfast was crowded each morning but the food on offer was plentiful and appetising. Did not get to try the weekday evening 'dinner' and the pool and gym facilities were better than average.
The biggest draw card here apart from the suites is the MOA and it was just a few minutes walk from the hotel or to catch the 'Hiawatha Line' light rail into the city for a couple of dollars each way. Took about 30 mins with all the stops but a pleasant way to see the suburbs. The hotel shuttle will take you to MOA and the airport in alternating schedules but the walk was easy. There is ongoing building works on a new hotel at the moment so the entrances to the MOA have changed a little.
This hotel would be great for an extended stay in fantastic suites and facilities for families or groups. Our only reason for not coming back here next year will be the awful noise. Shaking walls and the incessant slamming of doors by housekeeping is supposedly OK in this hotel.
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Minneapolis Mall of America is located directly across the street from America's largest indoor shopping complex. We are centrally located and only a few miles from Minneapolis-St Paul and minutes from the airport. Guest enjoy the comforts of home with our one or two-bedroom suites that include a stove, refrigerator and dishwasher as well as complimentary wireless internet. Complimentary full hot breakfast is served daily with free evening dinner available Monday-Thursday. Park and Fly packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Minneapolis - Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Homewood Suites Minneapolis
- Homewood Suites Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Homewood Bloomington
- Bloomington Homewood Suites
- Bloomington Hilton
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Minneapolis - Mall Of America Bloomington, MN, North America