“A weekend in Bloomington, MN” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2261 Killebrew Dr, Bloomington, MN 55425   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Hilton HHonors
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
iowa
“A weekend in Bloomington, MN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008

Very nice hotel. Great breakfast! We loved having a fridge and stove in the room. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The only thing missing was a hot-tub in the pool. But the pool was nice and warm on a record-cold weekend in January.

There was also a DVD player in the 'living room' so we could watch our own movies. The mall is close enough to walk to, but the shuttle runs every hour.

• Liked — the spacious well appointed room
  • Disliked — no hot tub in the pool, but not a big problem
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

We went to Minneapolis to see a football game & decided to stay near the Mall of America. This worked out very well. The Homewood Suites is located within walking distance to the MOA. Their shuttle service is also available & will drop you off at the front door if you choose not to walk. Also within walking distance is the Metro Transit train terminal. This will take you to the airport, the Metrodome & the Target Center & other various locations around Minneapolis very inexpensively. Homewood Suites Bloomington offers free aiport transportation too.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The morning breakfast was plentiful. They offer complimentary evening light snacks, but we weren't around to enjoy it. The suites are spacious, equipped with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher & dinnerware and utensils should you decide to eat in. Our suite had two plush king beds (hard to find a hotel in area with 2 king beds) that were very comfortable. Three tv's were in our suite with a comfortable sofa, chair & ottoman. The price was affordable & cheaper than other hotels by the mall.

The hotel has an indoor pool, adequate fitness room w/ treadmills, crosstrainer, stationary bike and some free weights.

All in all, we were very happy with our stay at the Homewood Suites, Bloomington. Our only complaint (if you want to call it that) was the hotel does not have a hot tub. We requested they put one in. However, we'd me more than happy to return for our next visit.

• Liked — Two King Bed Suite with 2 Baths
  • Disliked — No Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

We just returned from a visit to the St. Paul/Minneapolis area, and stayed at the Homewood Suites because it was close enough to walk to the Mall of America (my 11 year old son likes to go there on Thanksgiving when the stores are closed and there are no crowds), they accept dogs, they have free internet access, and the price was right. We were VERY pleased with our stay, and, in fact, decided to stay another day because we liked it so much. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. On Thanksgiving, when we arrived, my husband was stuck in the hotel room with our dog, and when he called room service to get something to eat from the adjacent Chevys restaurant, he found that the restaurant was closed due to the holiday. One of the hotel staff offered to go to the nearby IHOP that was open, and didn't even accept a tip for doing this. Later in the day there was a complimentary light dinner, which we hadn't expected since it was a holiday, so that was a nice plus. Oh, and on top of all this, even though I'd already made the reservation at the AAA rate, they accepted the coupon for 30% off that I found in a tourist brochure when we stopped at the Minn travel center, so the rate was really great! All in all, I'd say that this was the best travel experience we have had as a family, especially one with a dog (note there is a $100 non-refundable pet deposit, but it's worth it!).

• Liked — The set up of the suite (with a full kitchen)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Mankato
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

This is your standard, Homewood Suites Hotel, however the room seemed to have an older design and could use some updating. Everything was clean and the breakfast was great. The front desk staff was very friendly.

MOA is directly across the street. A Chevy's Mexican Restaurant and IHOP share the same parking lot.

I would stay here again. Prices on the weekends are a little trendy at close to $200 a night, but they do have occassional weekend specials for $99.

• Liked — Friendly staff and great breakfast
  • Disliked — Rooms were older and could use some updating
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

I never book a hotel without first reading reviews/looking at photos etc..and I booked this hotel based on the mostly great reviews. I wasn't impressed with the photos on the website of the rooms/dining room/pool area so i wasn't 100% confident when I made the decision to book, but i trusted my fellow travelers, and they were not wrong!!

I found a 30% off rate on a bloomington mn website which brought the $189.00 rate down to $132.00 a nite, which i could live with, although it is more than i typically spend on a hotel room.
We arrived earlier in the day than check in time and they were more than happy to let us check in early. When they heard we were going to valley fair they offered us discount coupons.

I noticed immediately that the hotel was very beautiful. It was nicer than I expected. The dining room was gorgeous with plush velvet type chairs. The pool area was very nice with a courtyard area as well. They had a little convenience store with food and things you might need such as lotions etc. They also had an area with a couple of computers and printers to do your business /check email etc.

The rooms were also nicer than expected. They look exactly like the photos posted on their website although nicer. The cupboards you could tell were not brand new, but it didn't matter, because the whole place was VERY clean, and classy and we just felt at home there. There were nice french doors into the master bedroom..a VERY comfy bed, and large vanity area. There was a complimentary bag of popcorn for your microwave, which my kids enjoyed...and it was very nice having a full fridge, because you can eat at one of the three on site restaurants..Chevy's IHOP, or TGI Fridays and bring back your leftovers.
They had a great breakfast with hot meats and eggs etc...above what you get at your typical continental breakfast. they even had to go containers if you were in a rush or wanted to eat back in your room.
My only complaint about the whole experience is that it wasn't as close to the MOA as I had hoped. They were doing some construction it appeared in one of the parking garages, so maybe that affected it, but we had to walk further than what we thought we would. But in all fairness, there is a shuttle you can take. We will definitely stay here again if we can get the same great rate which runs into 2008. I think they said that a 2 night minimum was required to use that rate, so be sure to ask before booking!. I highly recommend this great place!!

• Liked — Breakfast, friendly staff, Great rooms
  • Disliked — Right by mall but walk a little further than we hoped
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I know why Trip Advisor rated the Homewood Suites as the best in the area. The Staff was outstanding! Any question or request I had was cheerfully and immediately met. Homewood Suites makes you feel you are at home because of the staff and the way it is built. The rooms have everything you need for a short or extended stay including a free hot breakfast. My family loved having the space with a couch, large chair, and dining room chairs. The large desk/island served well for serving the family lunch as well as a place to work on my laptop. I have been involved in the hospitality business for years and so pick different properties everytime I travel. This is the best place we have ever stayed.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

This was a great property right across the street from The Mall of America. I got stranded on the last leg home from a business trip to Philadelphia. Northwest airlines was useless in assisting me in finding accomodations. I called this property directly, explained my dilemma about needing a room for the night. They sent a driver immediately to the airport to pick me up(complimentary) and he was delightful and helpful. Since my luggage was not released, I did not have the basic necessities. The hotel staff was fantastic about setting me up with toiletries and a very nice comfortable room. The location is perfect for people who want to go to the Mega Mall. It is within walking distance or you can take the complimentary shuttle. It is close to many restaurants and to the bus stop that will take you into the Twin Cities. The room was a suite, 2 televisions, kitchen area, with a microwave and refrigerator. So comfortable, I was sorry I had to leave on an early flight. A complimentary breakfast was not too bad and the free shuttle to the airport was excellent. Hotel was clean and the staff very caring to this stranded traveler. They even sent up bottled water and popcorn after I was taken to my room.

• Liked — Hotel Staff, Accomodations, Location
  • Disliked — Needed more towels and an extra blanket.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America? Share your experiences!