“Outstanding lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Colette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 187 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-494 & Hwy 100
Description: Enjoy classic French cuisine with a modern twist at Colette bar and bistro. Newly renovated in 2010, Colette bar & bistro offers a relaxing ambiance for any occasion. Savor traditional favorites including French Onion Soup and Coq au vin, and let our staff suggest the perfect wine and dessert to complement your meal. Bon Appetit! A delectable variety of Colette bar & bistro Dining options await you. This award-winning Bloomington restaurant - Colette bar & bistro - features superb culinary delights and an unique cheese list. Enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Colette bar & bistro, our early-1900s, Parisian-style Brasserie, which also boasts an amazing wine list. For the food connoisseurs, we have created the “Taste of Paris”, a unique and affordable concept allowing guests to sample all courses served on one plate, from appetizer to dessert, for only $26. After your meal, relax with cocktails in our bar, perfect for winding down the night. Bon appetit!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Outstanding lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My son and I recently dined at Chez Colette. I had an excellent and unusual Cobb salad, the best that I can remember in a long time. My son had one of the combination meals, called 30 minutes of Paris. It was an excellent 4 course meal with a fairly large steak as the beef bourgignon entree.

Excellent entrees and choices. Very good service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious breakfast, beautiful presentation, great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I dined with a friend at Chez Colette for breakfast on a weekday. There was ample parking available in the lot. I was impressed with the decor of the hotel lobby. We were seated immediately and were greeted by our waitress shortly after sitting down. Although there were quite a few people in the restaurant, the noise level was low and unnoticeable. There was a variety of food available on the breakfast menu -- waffles, pancakes, yogurt with granola, eggs, fruit, etc. I had eggs with bacon, roasted potatoes, and toast, while my friend had an omelette with roasted potatoes and toast. We both were extremely satisfied with the food. The potatoes were especially tasty! They were well seasoned and had some crispiness to them. The service was also excellent. The waitress checked in with us and refilled our waters without being asked. She was attentive but not too overbearing. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a tasty breakfast. I am looking forward to visiting the restaurant for lunch or dinner in the future.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blaine, MN
“A great place to take the one you love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was awesome!!! The portions were just the right size and the flavor was amazing, full, and rich. To begin with I had their onion soup – WOW – not salty but rich with flavor. Then followed with Tournedos Rossini, an 8 oz. filet mignon, foie gras, truffle the filet was drizzled with veal reduction & truffle oil with some foie gras – only wish there was more foie gras!! I had my favorite dessert – vanilla crème brulee – it had a great flavor, but I like my brulee at room temperature and this had a slight chill.

My wife had the asparagus salad – beautiful presentation and taste. Her main course was sea scallops pan seared, butternut squash purée, homemade gremolata, and lemon yogurt. The scallops were sweet and tender; the butternut squash puree added just the right touch! Her dessert was a basil crème brulee with a chocolate mousse. Unusual combination, but surprisingly worked well together

The service was at the right level - there when you needed them, aloof when you didn't. Our waiter, Nicholas, was helpful, humorous, and friendly. He helped us through the specials with a great flourish and enthusiasm – sharing his experience with each dish. The couple next to us ordered their appetizers, and when delivered the man wasn’t sure how to proceed with the charcuterie. When asked Nicholas did not make him feel small – assured him that others weren’t sure as well, and then explained in a very friendly way.

The noise level was low enough to be able to carry on a regular conversation but high enough to add to the excitement of the experience.

All in all it is a must go – with the special one or a group of people who enjoy food, friendship, and good times!

Thank you so much for making our Valentine's Day so special! The food was awesome and the service impeccable!! I can't wait to come to your restaurant again!!!! Nicholas was a fantastic server!! Thank him for us please!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quebec City, Canada
“Great food, service, and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I have been coming to this restaurant for a very long time. We've been coming here even before the new chef came in 2007 or so. The sea bass at Chez Colette has always been a long time favorite, and it still is. Try to request the chef to make the sea bass with the Saffron sauce because the Saffron sauce is crazy good! The filet mignon is also pretty good and the peppercorn sauce (I think it was a peppercorn sauce, but I'm not 100% sure) was also very good. The only thing with this chef is that he tends to be heavy handed with the salt, so make sure to request very little salt, otherwise most of your dishes, especially the filet mignon, will come out tasting like a salt lick. Other than that most of the food here is fairly good. Although, a lot of the dishes that were good when we tried them like the scallops, the salmon, and the bouillabaisse, were dishes that we tried before Chez Colette changed chefs. I can't vouch for every dish on the menu at Chez Colette, but I can definitely vouch for the sea bass and the filet mignon. The service was also extremely good. Make sure to request for Juan Carlos. He was our server when we last went and he was amazing. He was very accommodating, even though we all made so many modifications to the dishes we ordered. The food at Chez Colette may be slightly pricey, but if you join the Minnesota's Diner's Club, you can get "coupon" cards that you can use once a month at this restaurant that allows you to buy one entree and get one free.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“A perennial favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Chez Collette continues to be a great place for lunch. Their set bistro and petit bistro meals are delightful. The bread as always is great. A good place to have a conversation.

Visited April 2013