“New Rooms, Nice People, Nice Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Michigan
“New Rooms, Nice People, Nice Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I must admit that I normally try to stay at Hilton Hotel Chains because of my status with their program. I was however pleasantly surprised by the Marriott at MSP. The room was brand new, the people were nice and it was close to the Mall of America and MSP.

There is construction going on and the hotel looks new on the inside. Work is taking me back to MSP soon, and the Marriott will be on the top of my list!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

This was a rip off hotel for $93 a night .... small room , they charged for the internet , No brakfast i mean com one even cheep hotels offer free internet and brakfast but not this one .. the staff were not friendly at all .

I WOULD NEVER USE THIS HOTEL AGAIN

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Waupaca, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

hotel is wraping up renovations. Across the street from mall of america. It has all the usual marriott conveniences and good service. Good choice for the MSP airport or mall. Nothing special but certainly nothing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Stayed at the Marriott Minneapolis Airport. It as nice, but I wouldn't stay there again unless I got another great deal online. I felt that the price was very fair $69 per night from priceline.com. This included free parking. It isn't the most family friendly hotel. I guess that worked to our advantage because no one was ever seen in the pool with the exception of our children.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Staff punished us here by assisging us the room literraly as far from the lobby as possible (a 3-4 block walk away) and right next to the elevator because we booked using Priceline. Many other rooms were available.

Location if you are a shopper is excellent as Mall of America is right across the street
(1 block) and it is also very close to the airport.

So...dpending on how you book this room you may have a good or very bad experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

This hotel is at a great location for the Mall of America, as it is across from it. Even though they are across from the mall.....The do still provide shuttle service to the Mall, as well as to the airport.****Be advised that the shuttle on runs 2 times every hour between the Mall and the Airport.

There is really not much else close to this hotel to do, other than the Zoo and waterpark, which the shuttle does NOT take you to the zoo, and the closet the shuttle will take you on the waterpark is to the mall, which they state is near the mall.

Hotel does offer internet access in rooms, or on computers in the lobby for a charge(However, there is no charge to certain elite members(I am Marriott Gold)). I was offered complete buffet breakfast for my party of 4, due to my Gold status. I seen the bill being charged to the hotel was $60 for the 4 of us, which was a cooked to order egg, oatmeal, ceral, bacon, breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit....Staff is very friendly and courteous.

We did order room service, one night, which with it being 2 kids in our party, we did 2 pizzas and 4 drinks, which total was around $35...which I thought was reasonable for room service.

The kids went down for a swim, they both stated they enjoyed the pool and there was a jacuzzi there as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a business conference for 4 days/3 nights (that my company was hosting) and we used all of the conference facilities as well. There were some good points - but they were mainly sprinkled in with disappointments. I would NOT recommend this property for groups or conferences.

For an individual traveler, it has some strong points, like being directly across from the mall, an easy walk (or there's an hourly shuttle until 1am) and complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. The guest room that I was in was in nice condition. Some of the furniture was well-worn, but the beds were comfortable -- which is my primary concern. As others have noted, the HVAC units are very noisy, but because of the heat (96 & humid) I couldn't turn it off without the room becoming immediately hot. HVAC units are the 'old' style window-mount type, so there is only a single fan which blew onto the desk and sitting area, so it didn't circulate well around the room.

I woke up on the 2nd night of my stay and there was a cockroach walking across my bed. I'm pretty low maintenance, but I did let housekeeping know (how else would they find out that a room has insects?) and requested that my linens be completely changed the next morning (the incident was 3am and I had to be up at 6am, I was too tired to change rooms or make a fuss). The general manager contacted me in the morning and apologized and while I was at my conference, an exterminator treated my room and all of the bedding was changed -- the manager herself was there to ensure it was done properly. I was given new pillows, duvet, mattress cover, sheets, and blankets - which I greatly appreciated. The manager did a wonderful job of handling the situation. (It should be noted that I was on the 1st floor and although I didn't use it, there are sliding glass doors for these rooms, so it's entirely possible that a bug wandered in that way.)

Other notes: there is no complimentary internet anywhere on property and access is $12.95/day. The wireless is available everywhere, which is nice, but I had a difficult time maintaining a connection (as did others in my group) so I tended to wait to do any "business" until I was in my room, where I had an ethernet connection.

The food was pretty bland, even by hotel standards. Room service took about 45 minutes (they did warn me when I placed my order), which was ok except that my food arrived lukewarm. The restaurant (which also handles the room service) was not any better. Not terrible, just okay. The menu is extremely limited and pretty pricey. Also, it is a "Pepsi property" so you cannot buy Coke products here or anywhere nearby (the mall is sponsored by Pepsi as well, even McDonald's served Pepsi!) -- so if you're a Coke purist, bring your own.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!