“Sloooooooooowwww internet” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Sloooooooooowwww internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The good: Beds are comfortable. Clean room. Nice that there's a microwave and a small fridge in the room. Friendly check-in. Free, ample parking spaces.

The bad: SLOW internet even with an excellent signal. Every time the water was turned on in an adjacent room, we could hear it. The carpet needs to be shampooed or changed. Highway noise. Not very close to the MOA (could be good or bad, I suppose, but it's definitely not within walking distance). Pool and hot tub close at 10:00 on week nights and 11:00 on weekends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking your time in giving us your feedback. We love to hear the good and the bad, as we are always looking for ways to improve our overall guest experience. With regards to the wireless internet, we are currently in compliance with IHG standards, but we are in the process of an upgrade to provide a faster service. This should be complete within the next month. We hope you will consider us again during your future travels to Bloomington, MN.

Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We came to visit the MOA for a long weekend, and this hotel was great! Great area away from all the hustle an bustle. We arrived several hours early, and staff was very kind about letting us check in early. The children lived the indoor pool and hot tub. Housekeeping was super nice! One maintenance issue was called in and resolved immediately. Our room had a microwave and fridge which was nice. The food at the hotel restaurant was wonderful. Great stay!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
We apppreciate you taking your time in giving us your great feedback. I'm very happy to hear that the staff from all departments were very friendly and helpful in assisting you. I will certainly pass your kind words along to them. We would love to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Bloomington, MN. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was just south of Minneapolis where my friends live and just south of the 35/494 interchange. This made it easy to get to Northfield early the next day for college tours with no traffic conflicts. Our plane arrived early so we went to the hotel and were able to get our reserved room four hours before normal check in. The staff was so welcoming and helpful. I am a Priority Club member so appreciated the discount card for a drink and meal in the restaurant. The beds were very comfortable, frig and microwave a nice addition, pool and hot tub in a beautiful setting. We were on an outside room and had no noise issues. Convenient parking all around hotel so easy to be close to room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you kindly for all of your great feedback!! From the convenient location, to our helpful staff and great hotel ammenities, I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand, and we hope to see you again during your next visit to the Twin Cities.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked our stay at this hotel for the night before a very early flight out of MSP airport. Like most airport hotels, they have a Park & Fly program which allows you to leave your vehicle at their property and take their shuttle to/from the airport. Check-in went smoothly, and we were able to reserve our spot on the 4am shuttle without a problem. The room appeared to have been recently updated and was very clean. We got a great night's sleep despite sharing a floor with a large sports group. The shuttle left the hotel right on time and got us to the airport terminal quickly and safely. Our return flight was delayed so severely that we missed our connection and were stranded overnight in Miami. When I called the hotel (after the 6pm cancellation time), she graciously cancelled my reservation without penalty and wished me safe travels. When we finally got into Minneapolis late the next afternoon, they sent the shuttle right out to pick us up, and our car was right where we'd left it. Thanks for a great Park & Fly experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking your time in sharing the wonderful experience you had. It is great to hear that every aspect of your stay went smoothly, even despite a delayed flight and an unexpected overnight stay in Miami. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Bloomington, MN. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a buisness trip. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn's and this one is not on the top of the list. I had a room that overlooked the pool and the noise from the kids and whatever else was loud and hard to ignore . My fridge was also making annoying noises so I had to unplug it. There was hair in my bathtub and somehow on the celine. The room also smelled like clorine. Could also use some upgrades.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We thank you for taking your time in giving us your feedback. I apologize that you encountered noise issues during your stay. With our hotel layout, the interior rooms that overlook the pool do tend to be noisier when our pool area is busy. Our exterior rooms are typically quieter, and free of any chlorine smell that interior rooms surrounding the pool area may have. Also, we have revised a few housekeeping procedures, which should improve overall cleanliness going forward. We hope you will consider us again for your accomodation needs during any future travels to Bloomington, MN. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here as I was traveling to Wisconsin. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and let me keep my ski bag in their office instead of hauling it up to my room. I had no problem getting a shuttle ride from the airport to hotel. Had to wait about 15 minutes but it was not an inconvenience. The room was very clean, comfortable updated beds. Everything I would expect in a Holiday Inn for getting a great night's sleep. Quiet too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
minichix,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W. We appreciate your kind words and positive feedback regarding our facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to Bloomington.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The shuttle brought me right to my hotel with john friendly drivers. When I checked In goolzada? was very informative about the area and got us in our room very quick ... I would like to state that the new renovations look great as I have stayed at this hotel in the past and was not pleased with the finishes of. the hotel.

Great hotel and a great place

• Stayed January 2013
kalboi25,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the staff and the facilities here at the Holiday Inn I-35W. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again.