“Best Value, Way Above Average” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport

You added Comfort Inn Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1321 E. 78th St., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Comfort Inn Mall of America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
US Virgin Islands
“Best Value, Way Above Average”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I stayed at this hotel May 8, 2009 to be close to the airport for an early departure and because they had free airport shuttle service. I booked the room on the internet with a google search for Minneapolis hotel + airport. It was by far the nicest budget hotel I have ever stayed in. Staff was courteous and helpful. Establishment was squeaky clean and lounge area looked inviting. But what was especially surprising was the beautiful, large indoor heated pool and attached, glassed in breakfast room. The breakfast and airport shuttle were free. In addition there was a pretty garden with table and chairs in an inclosed courtyard. The hotel was attached with a walk-through to an Outback Steakhouse Restaurant. I have stayed at budget airport hotels without a restaurant nearby and had to make do with vendor food. But that attached Outback was really innovative. And the restaurant and bar would be open pretty late.

My room was clean and large. I had a Queen bed and slept very comfortably. The room also had a desk and comfortable easy chair and standing lamp for reading. All the furnishings were clean and in good shape, almost looking new. The bath had a tub with shower and large sink cabinet area with hairdryer attached to the wall. There was cable TV on a large plasma screen and a safe in the closet.

But best of all this hotel offers a discount for anyone over the age of 50! It's called the Mature Traveler Rate. So my $70 room (including taxes) was only $61.60. That is the best deal I have ever gotten with free shuttle service. And I understood that they also provide free shuttles to the Mall of America.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fargo,ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We had a very nice stay. We have stayed at Comfort Inns all over the west and south. This one was near the top of out list. I am handicapped and nice (handy) rooms mean
a lot to me. Parking was very accessible, front doors were a little hard to get a scooter through as they were kind of narrow. The staff was friendly and courteous and professional. We had one small problem but it was rectified immediately on a very professional basis. Bathrooms were large and very handicapable. It didn't smell of pool
chlorine as soon as you walk in the door. You can almost see the MOA from the back door, freeway access was great. The breakfast was your typical free motel breakfast (what do you want for free). We will definitely be back..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

A friend of mine came down to Minnapolis for a hockey game and booked a room at the Comfort Inn. I decided to book the same hotel, and was happy with what I received.

Location: Only about 4 blocks from the Mall of America and very easily accessible from 496 HY or 77 HY.

Checkin: VERY positive experience. The front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. Check-in was quick and painless and we were on our way.

Layout: The hotel is layed out with 4 long hollways surrounding a central corridor so that it looks like a giant "O" from the air. This can make for long walks from your room to the front desk/pool/breakfast area if you happen to be in the XX40's to 50's as far as room numbers go. Ask beforehand and you'll get directed to the closest door/securiy camera for your vehicle.

Room: The room was nice. PERFECTLY functional and clean! The beds were very comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) and the pillows were great as well. Everything was tidy -nuthing to complain about here.

*Add - sometimes it took a bit (20 seconds) for hot water to get to the room on the fourth floor, but nothing crazy*

Pool: Okay, I was a bit disappointed here. It does have a nice pool (over 8' deep in one area), but it lacks a hot tub! Whats nicer than shopping all day to go back to the Hotel to pop in the hotel.

Continenal Breakfast: Completely adequate. The usual from a continental snack bar.... Water, milk, break/donuts and waffles. The big plus here is there are 3 waffle makers in the room, unlike the usual 1 of other hotels.

Price: $89/night CAA rate - not bad considering there are some really expensive hotels done the street that cater to more exclusive clientele.

Thats about it for now, will post pictures later.

• Liked — Beds and the pillows.
  • Disliked — Lack of a hot tub.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

We had booked a three night stay for a family getaway to the Mall of America, Valleyfair, and a Twins games. We knew when we stepped in the elevator we'd made a mistake. The carpets were stained and old even in the hallway. When we got to the room we saw the same stained carpet, old stained bedspreads, and dirty walls. The tub had non slip circles on the bottom that were black - not joking. There was also no remote control for the tv. I had already ripped off the bedspreads and the kids had used the bathroom before I decided I did not want to spend our vacation here where we can't take off our flip flops- not even in the shower. We ate an average meal at the attached Outback restaurant and went back to the room and made other reservations but did have to stay the first night. I should in fairness say that this is not the worst hotel I've seen and if you're just looking for a cheap place to sleep it could probably pass. The staff was friendly and the outdoor patio was nice except for the cigarette smoke.

• Liked — The price and shuttle service
  • Disliked — It was dirty
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Regina, SK Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for four nights, and I must say I thought it was really nice. Our first night in Bloomington we stayed at another hotel which was a dump so we moved to the Comfort Inn. We had a room on the main floor right by the pool which seemed to be remodeled. It was very nice. There is a nice courtyard to sit in and the Outback Steakhouse was a really good restaurant. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back. Its a very quick drive to get to the Mall of America and the price was decent as most of the newer hotels were extremelly overpriced. The pool area was nice and the continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Great Value. We booked to rooms and the convenience of the ajoining door was excellent. The staff were freindly and the room itself was great. Very comfortable beds. The only problem we expereinced was with the electronic keys which seemed needed re formatting every day...that was very annoying....The breakfast was great...enough to choose from but it was strange that you had to walk past the pool to get there. We stayed for 8 nights. Great place and value for money.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — the keys
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Superior, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

When I book my flights- I book this hotel.
It is conveniently located off of the freeway.
I stayed 3 times in less than a year here
and probably have been here about 8 times.
Staff is always friendly and accomodating
to my family of five for our lodging and airport
shuttle.
Shuttle is easy, and often, with friendly
drivers.
Any issues I have had -have been few, minor, and
immediately resolved by the staff.
Generally we arrive late evening with a early morning
flight- so we are not there long.
Rooms have been quiet, and clean.
I have tried Park and Fly hotels elsewhere-
but this is most convenient and best value for the
money.

• Liked — Location and Easy of Park and Fly
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!