“Busy huge place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport

You added Comfort Inn Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1321 E. 78th St., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Comfort Inn Mall of America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Busy huge place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This has got to be one of the largest hotels I've ever stayed in. My son and I stayed here two nights while visiting the Mall of America. The location is excellent, right off the highway, and close to both the mall and the airport. Check-in was great, as the staff was very friendly. My son and I enjoyed the pool. The room was comfortable and large. Breakfast was good, with hot items. Seating was a little difficult as the hotel was so full, but there is overflow seating in the pool area and in the courtyard outside. The line-ups moved fairly quickly, so I'm not sure how one could improve on the breakfast set-up given the location and size, and the number of people who go through. The staff kept the food containers filled. This is where I will plan to stay any time I'm in the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Great location by MSP with free shuttle to and from MSP running 24/7, that is nice.
Desk personnel greeted me and I was checked into room on less than 5 minutes.
Room was clean. The rooms and hallways are dated and will get an update soon I hope.
Breakfast was ok. I have had better but have seen worse. I got the fresh fruit and coffee.
The hotel is ver budget friendly for this not looking to spend $200 or more huts to sleep,for a few hours
I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel. We appreciate you comments and look forward to your next visit with us.
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Affordable and friendly staff and a restaurant attached makes it a great place to stay! The rooms are quite and clean. Conveniently located close to the airport with a shuttle avaliable. Pool work out room breakfast. Book online or call.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We appreciate the comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very large, older property about 15 minutes from MSP. Clean parking lot, relatively well-lighted. Room was very clean, but hallways are dim and somewhat grimey. People at the front desk were friendly. AC and bed were both very good. Room was very quiet, even though the hotel was busy. WiFi-only Internet was very weak and unreliable in my room at the back corner of the hotel. Breakfast was average Choice. Drain in bathroom sink was slow, and the hot water in the shower was only warm. Shuttle to/from airport is very good - but don't be in a hurry - it only runs every 30 minutes. Perfectly decent place to stay for a day or two.

Room Tip: If Internet is important, choose a room near the center of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate your comments, and in particular the comments regarding the internet signal. I've forwarded this information on to our provider and trust the issue will be addressed. Thank you, and we hope to see you again.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Selected this place based on proximity to the Mall of America, an added bonus was the Outback Restaurant in immediate proximity of the property. Ice machines were awesome, plenty of ice and conveniently located not far from my room, at the end of the hall. I suggest an end room, close to the elevator. The hallways are long. In-room A/C units were efficient and provide white noise to block out television sounds from adjoining rooms. Front desk staff were professional and efficient. The magnetic tag on my room key stopped working at one point during my three day stay, and they promptly provided a new one. I used the business center to print out the boarding passes for my family with no problems.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to our staff, and please come see us again.
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend to take our 2 teenagers to the Mall of America. The hotel is near the mall and the airport and is very busy. The hotel is older and shows a bit of wear. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. He provided a map of the area and suggested places to eat. There is an Outback Steak House attached to the hotel. It also is very busy. We ended up getting our meal to go and taking it back to the room. There was a long line for the breakfast each day. The pool area was nice and there was an outdoor patio area that was nice. There is a free shuttle to the mall, but it doesn't run every hour.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We appreciate the review and hope you'll choose us again in the future.
Des Moines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Well arrivied on a friday night, after getting wrong directions to where shuttle was check in was easy and friendly. They have outback connected but on a Friday night they stopped serving by 11 and there is nothing close. Return to room to shower and give up . No bath towels. Had 4 wash clothes and two hand towels. Even better, call front desk 15 mins later one bath towel and 2 more wash clothes wonderful. Next day their so called breakfast. Slice ham thrown in warmer with plastic feeling egg things a few donuts and toast.fruit you wouldnt have picked up at Walmart. Small choice of boxed cereal , luke warm oj and waffle maker and the great smells of clorine and screaming kids since breakfast is served next to the pool.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. I especially want to apologize for the housekeeping issue with the bath towels and any inconvenience that caused you. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!