“GREAT PICK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1321 E. 78th St., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Comfort Inn Mall of America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
Rhode Island
“GREAT PICK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Inn the first weekend of December, 2013 with my sister and her 15 year old daughter for a girls weekend of Holiday shopping at the Mall of America. My main concerns in picking a hotel for us was for it to be clean, have a breakfast, a shuttle to and from the airport and Mall and most of all for it to be safe for three ladies travel. The Comfort Inn succeeded on all points.
This place was very clean from our room to the continental breakfast, which has waffles, eggs, bacon, muffins, donuts, fruit, juices, coffee, hot chocolate, cereal and more.
the shuttles were also clean and convenient. Just a few minutes from the Mall and airport. The drivers were so pleasant and one for happy to let us know that it was minus 9 on Saturday morning. HaHa Actually everyone that works there was very nice, polite and helpful.
We felt very safe and comfortable there.
There is an Outback Restaurant attached to the Comfort Inn. We didn't eat dinner there but we did have a yummy dessert from there late one night. The hotel has a pool but we never had the time to enjoy it.
Briefly on the Mall: Truly unbelievable, over 500 stores, so many restaurants (including tow huge food courts) an amusement park, with full roller coasters, an aquarium, a wedding chapel and so much more. It really is a great holiday shopping weekend. We only had two full days there but could have used 1 or 2 more.
If you get to go to the Mall of America, stay at the Comfort Inn. It was a great pick for us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We appreciate the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I'll pass on your comments to the staff. We look forward to your next visit!

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is old and could use some updating. The staff was friendly enough and got us checked in quick. The complimentary water and pretzels was nice but one water and one bag of pretzels did very little for this family of four. The room didn't have any soap but the front desk promptly brought it to our room. We didn't get any breakfast because we had to leave before it started serving. I wish hotels would start breakfast at 6:00am! I didn't notice a safe charge on the receipt but I'm going to check on that. We aren't against staying here again but will probably look into nearby hotels that offer shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate your comments and we will certainly take them under review. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Alpena, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I often stay at Comfort Inns, usually pretty good with some ups & downs. This one works at missing the good - swiping defeat from the jaws of victory. It is an older property that could use some updating, However, that would be ok if you couple that with good service. When I arrived a customer at the desk was complaining that her phone could not dial out in her room. From her description, I could tell it was a problem with the phone itself. Rather than sending someone down, she gave her the phone number of their phone provider - "just call them and they will talk you though it" THe woman left frustrated because her phone - WOULDNT DIAL OUT! Should have been my cue.

Nest morning, our room was next to a room that was called "Employee Room". At 7:00 am the hotel employees came in laughing, talking loud and slamming doors. Breakfast ends at 9:30. WIth a dozen people left in the room, the employee shut off the TV at 9:28, locked the doors and glared at everyone. Nice! THen there is the charge for the room safe. I refused to sign for it as I did not want it. She informed me I could come down in the morning and they would take off the charge. No I have a better idea - take off the d@#M charge! Why do I have to come down.

All in all, they demonstrated on many levels a cluelessness on customer service. Could be a great place for the price. I cannot recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to go up higher in the hotel. Staff is not respectful of the guests trying to sleep
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for the review of your stay. While I'm generally proud of the service the staff provides, it appears there was a letdown in this instance. I will certainly follow up with the loud employees reporting to work as well as your observations with the breakfast area. On your initial point, I'm not certain of what the exact interaction was, but if the guest you observed was having issues connecting to the internet, we do offer an outside service that assists guests with those issues.

Again, thank you for making me aware of your observations and allowing me the opportunity to address them. We use the feedback to improve, and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
Lomira, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Let me start by saying i travel a lot and when i find a hotel that takes care of me i will tell all my friends, family and coworkers and will also come back again. Corey at the front desk is awesome to talk to he will make sure everything is great for you and if you have a question or a concern just ask him he will take care of it for you. You should give him a raise!!! Very nice accommodations and very nice staff at the hotel. It is also convenient that they have a restaurant hooked on so if you travel like me you just want to eat and relax. Thank you all for a wonderful Stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review, and I'm glad all went well with your stay. I'm glad Corey took good care of your family and I'll be sure to recognize him for it. We all look forward to your next visit with us!!
Ireton, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

we enjoyed our stay all staff was very welcoming and wanting to help us in any way. we had a great 3 night stay. the bedding was a little out dated but very clean. very close to the mall and ikea. the breakfast was yummy and hot alot to choose from. Great place if you have kids easy access to outback steak house thats attached to hotel.

Room Tip: very close to mall of america. rooms and hallways were very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of updating the bedding, and we expect to have this project completed by the end of the year. We look forward to your next visit so you can see the new look!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Before I return to this hotel, they need some improvements. First one being their key system. I had multiple problems with my key card I unprogramming itself and then not working in result. A trip four levels down and back up each time. Walls are thinner than most places and people in the courtyard are loud. Pool was small. No hot tub. Continental breakfast was good but oddly located through the pool.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for writing a review and I apologize for the issues you encountered with the electronic key. I completely understand your frustration and we absolutely don't want any guest to go through that. Fortunately this type of incident is isolated, and I will certainly follow up on this to determine what happened and implement any corrective measures. Again, I apologize and hope you will give us another chance when you're again in our area.
Pierre, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn and I must say we would definitely be returning customers. The rooms and facility were clean. Continental breakfast was great. But the most important reason I would return is because of the outstanding customer service and hospitality. My 12 year old son left his cell phone in the room and Corey called me and let me know. Not many places can you lose something and expect it to be returned. Thanks Corey!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review and letting me know about Corey's actions. I will be sure to pass your comments as well as my "thank you" to Corey for following through on the type of service we strive to provide to all of our guests. I look forward to your next visit with us!

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!