“Comfortable rooms & beds but noise from outside is bad - Had to call front desk twice.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport

You added Comfort Inn Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1321 E. 78th St., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Comfort Inn Mall of America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Port Clinton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We spent 2 nights and on the first night we had a guy outside that was screaming, cursing and threatening someone via cell phone if they didn't come let him in. We called the desk and 10 minutes later the police showed up after he gained access. Later in the evening there was a group outside the door smoking and talking so loud they awoke us. Again we called the desk but no one came and asked them to be quiet.

We were told that there was a large contingent of Vikings fans staying at the motel and that they tend to be noisy. I'd say RUDE

These incidents put a bad light on what was otherwise a good stay. The motel is older but is well maintained and clean, with the exception of the back elevator which need carpet and cleaned. A nice breakfast was served in a room next to the pool and you could sit around the pool to eat. The layout of the breakfast buffet needs to be looked into; the waffle machines next to the coffee pots doesn't work and results in a large crowd.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near entry doors if you intend to sleep or don't stay when the Vikings are playing t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toulouse France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed here with my family and my boyfriend and i found it to be excellent! the front staff were very helpful and although the hallways are a bit dated, the room me and my boyfriend got was lovely! its was spotlessly clean and the bed was huge with lovely pillows. I didnt find the place dirty or dingy in the slightest! Breakfast was served in a rather plain looking room but there was lots of choice and i loved the little waffle making machines! I paid 60 dollars a night for a double room and in my opinion it was outstanding value. The shuttle to and from airport and MOA was brilliant, convienient and saved a lot of cab fares! :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Upon check out we paid cash at the front desk. Comfort Inn charged our credit card as well, so we paid twice for a one night stay. When we contacted the property they refused to reverse the charge. We are on their video showing we were at their front desk upon checkout but still refused to provide any customer service. We asked them to at the very least to do the right thing and make a donation to their local Children's Hospital for the like dollar amount and they declined that as well. Very, very dissatisfied with this Choice Hotel property!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I made the reservations online and when I arrived, I stayed only a few minutes. Walking into the lobby I did a quick scan and noticed how dark the lobby felt. As I got my key and headed up to the room, I looked at the carpet, the walls, and the elevator. The carpet was filthy, the walls were scraped, and the elevator was also scraped up. The doors of the rooms in the hallways were not fresh and clean but old and scraped. When I entered my room I also noticed how the dirt of the carpet was also in my room. While the room was clean on the surface, as I began to examine it, it was old and dirty. I decided not to stay. I left and went to the lobby and checked out. Maybe I am too picky but I think you just need to have clean public areas and fresh paint. That might be all this hotel lacks.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sioux Falls, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Can't argue with the rate on this one, super close to Mall of America and the airport. Rooms were clean, breakfast was OK but hey, it's free. Waffles were hot and plenty of syrup. Milk and cereal, coffee and juice. what more can you ask for?

There is an Outback Steakhouse attached, which was perfect to go and hang out at night.

Room Tip: Very large hotel, if you are far away from the elevator you will be walking for awhile.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Grafton, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've stayed here on numerous occasions as my wife is based in town for her job and I come out to visit frequently. She has roomates and I can't stay in her place if they are home...girls only! The hotel rooms are typical with no complaints. You get a nice bed, hot shower, big TV & fast wi-fi. I'm a light sleeper and the noise of the A/C fan can be bothersome if you need to leave it on all night. On a cool night, just crack the window open instead.
The breakfast is the usual waffles, eggs, sausage or ham, assorted donuts, yogurt, cereal, etc. You can take your food onto any of the tables by the adjacent pool, too. You may have to on a crowded weekend. Wouldn't it be nice if they had REAL maple syrup...LOL.
You're probably in town for the MOA and this place is within walking distance of it, too. We walk along American Blvd past the Ikea and right into the mall. However, the hotel shuttle takes you there pretty much every half hour, as well as to and from the airport. TIP - try the Ikea for the swedish meatballs and mashed for lunch...mmmmm...and cheap, too.
I'm a gym rat and the hotel has limited facilities. The elliptical has been wonky at higher resistence levels and 1 of the 2 treadmills wasn't working. But, the other one was fine and the weights are there, plus the pool is right next to the gym.
Overall, a decent place and the in-house Outback Steakhouse is great.

Room Tip: We prefer a 5th floor room at the back facing American Blvd, especially if you have a car.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stay here at least once a year. They provide airport pickup and transportation to MOA. Nice staff, great location; near airport. They do have a pool and free breakfast but we have not used either service. We enjoy staying here before we fly back to MD, we can drop off the rental car the night before, arrange for the Inn to pick us up, and eat at the Outback (next door). Gives us time to relax after visiting with the family for a week. ;)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!