“Dont let outside looks decieve you” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7815 Nicollet Ave South, Bloomington, MN 55420   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Dont let outside looks decieve you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Once again i needed to make an overnight trip to the Minneapolis area. I tried my luck though priceline again and ended up staying at this hotel. From previous trips to this area I knew of the hotel, but never stayed there. The hotel itself is rather old in comparisons to the various other hotels in the area which appear newer, and baised on a few of the comments left here and some of the coments by friends about the Bloomington area I was a little concerned.

When I arrived I was greeted by the hotel lobby staff, and was taken care of rather quickly which I appreciate the quickness. Despite the looks from outside the hotel is rather nice on the inside. The hotel itself was clean, the updated room was modern and spacious with a king size bed, loveseat, desk, refrigerator and microwave. I have paid more at other "nicer" hotels without the ammenities of a microwave and refrigerator which I enjoy having in my room whenever I travel. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New Ulm, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Although this is an older property (former Baymont), the La Quinta franchise has aggressively remodeled the rooms and updated the furnishings. Since 2005, I have booked & escorted numerous tour groups from Germany & outstate Minnesota in this hotel. All were satisfied with the service and accommodations. They don't expect reading lamps or room service, or rooms with a view, just a clean bed & shower. Staff is friendly & helpful as promptly as is possible. Very accommodating to special requests. A Radisson or Sheraton it is not, but I would rate this La Quinta higher than Days Inn - Super 8 type motels. Continental breakfast is average, but then I don't stay at this hotel for the breakfast. This hotel offers shuttle service to MSP airport & Mall of America. Easy access to Minneapolis/St. Paul freeway system. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I are driving the entire country for one month with our 5lb puppy. With that in mind we try to stay in budget hotels. We have stayed in some real cheap holes and decided we just did not want to put up with places that made us uncomfortable. After reading reviews of this La quinta we were cautious at best. What a great surprise. The place must have been recently renovated. We had new carpet and the whole hotel was very clean. We were charged $69+ tax per night with no pet fee. As we wanted to see Mall of America and were planning on leaving around three the next day. We were going to pay for a second day so that we had a safe place for our puppy while at the mall. The desk clerk said that was no problem and that we could have a 2:30 check out at no additional charge. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
KC MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel staff was average, not bad not good. Parking near your rooms was almost impossible. The carpet needed cleaned really bad in the satirway and hall. The carpet in the room was clean and the room itself was clean. It was an average to bleow average compared to the La Quintas we have stayed at in the past.

I would choose a different hotel next time, just do to I expect more from a La Quinta.

Room Tip: I don't remember if it had a pool. The pool was not terrible but I can't get the rating to b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Muskegon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Very clean - comfortable beds and the breakfast area was kept up very welll - great job there. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Spring City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and my only choice when I visit the Mall of America. The rooms are huge and very clean. The staff is so friendly and accomodating for checking in, checking out and arranging shuttle service everywhere. The breakfast is fantastic. Thank you La Quinta, Bloomington for making my stay fun and comfortable.

Norma Jean Perfetto
Spring City, Pennsylvania

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room if you are handicapped and can't use stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I enjoy my time at la quinta great value nice location wonderfull service

• Stayed October 2011

Been to La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington? Share your experiences!