“Decent hotel, good value.” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5151 American Blvd West, Bloomington, MN 55437   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Houston, Texas
“Decent hotel, good value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel three separate nights within a 3 week period. The first time and third time I paid $65/night and the second time I paid $79/night. At $65/night, it was a good value. At $79/night...I don't know.

The hotel is fine, nothing spectacular. Rooms are a little small, but nice king-sized bed. Bathrooms need updating. Breakfast is basic continental - okay, but nothing great. It's a good location as long as you have a car. If you don't have a car, there are not many options for eating.

I would stay there again for $65/night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Roseau, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Even though this hotel is about 20 years old, it offers clean comfortable rooms for a great price, especially if you book in advance. The free breakfast is just icing on the cake. As one of the tallest hotels in the area, it also provides a spectacular vantage of the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We travel to the Twin Cities quite often, and we'll definitely be returning to this La Quinta.
The bed was WONDERFUL, the best we've ever had in a hotel.
The staff was welcoming & helpful.
Internet access was good.
We also enjoyed the quiet pool area.

Could be improved:
- facial & bathroom tissue were cheap & rough
- elevator doors closed way too quickly
- could hear elevator dings clearly in our room
- hot tub jets were awkwardly placed

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Decatur, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay - there was plenty of parking, an ample free breakfast selection, the room was a good size, clean, modern and included a microwave and refridgerator, the personnel were friendly and efficient, and the price was very fair. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed September 2010
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I have never stayed at a La Quinta until this week. I was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations and cleanliness. I was worried for the quality, since I have never experienced this brand before. It ended up to be a very good stay. I will no longer be afraid to stay at a la Quinta......I was put here at this location due to a flight being cancelled and the airline put me up at this hotel. the staff were wonderful and the rooms were very nice. Thank you La Quinta.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
big tex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My family stayed 5 nights here and we had a nice stay. We got a room on the top floor so my kids were thrilled to look out the window every night. The rooms were good sized for a family of four. We loved the free parking and breakfast which would have cost another $25 at other higher end hotels.

My only real gripe was the "crib" they left me for my 1 year old. Um yeah, it was bad. No sheets, the "mattress pad" was torn and the old foam exposed. We just decided to leave the crib as is and not let my kiddo in it. We did take some photos for posterity of it.

Everyone was super friendly, the beds were nice.

Breakfast was lovely - a bit crowed on the weekend but we had a great time.

We used the fitness center and even the pool and business center. Love that it was close to MOA yet still far enough away to "get away"

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

My huaband And I visited La Quinta Bloomington West on Sept. 16th, 2010 to attend a Twins baseball game. After searching the entire area we ended up at the La Quinta Hotel. This was not only a quality property, but a clean, maintained and friendly place to stay. Their rates compared to the other Bloomington hotels are a definite value. I do not understand why all the other hotels in Bloomington seem to have such high rates when they all seem to offer the same amenities---free breakfast, free wi-fi and so they say comfortable beds. The La Quinta has all of this as well as an indoor pool and hot-tub area. The beds here were very comfy pillow-top type beds with a comfortable all white duvet and many pillows.

With the economy the way it is, we do like to find a bargain with quality---we found the place--here. The morning free breakfast was tasty too---yogart, cereals, waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, juice/coffee and even oatmeal.

Next time in the twin cities, we will come back to the La Quinta West. It is a good clean value compared to the other Bloomington hotels that charge much more for the same thing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W? Share your experiences!