“Mediocre Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Arizona
“Mediocre Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The room was comfortable and what you would expect from the LaQuinta brand. We did have a good night sleep. The employees were friendly and the shuttle was on time both to and from the airport. The main complaint we had was with breakfast. The only egg option offered was hard boiled still in the shell. There was no way to rinse them off after you peel them. They did not offer non dairy creamer for guests that cannot tolerate milk. Other LaQuinta’s we have stayed at offered a much better breakfast selection. With another LaQuinta just a couple of miles away and plenty of other hotel options nearby, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Best value of this hotel is the location and the shuttle service from airport (MSP) and to the Mall of Americas. Friendly staff and plenty of hotel amenities. conference room available, business center and daily breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here the night before flying out to Cancun. The rooms were ok, nice furniture, tv etc.. The microwave didn't work however. The hot tub didn't have enough water in it so it was like sitting in a hot bath, no jets. The elevators are very in attractive with the walls chipping away. There was also hallway corners being held up by masking tape.

• Stayed January 2014
Grand Forks, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the 1st time yesterday and checked out today, my sister who was with has stayed there before, she was in the cities for medical reasons, her boyfriend called 3 days ago and asked if he could use credit card over the phone to pay for her room being he would be working in Williston and would not be able to come with, hence why I was there. He was told over the phone that it would be no problem and all Lori needed to do was bring her drivers license with. , she herself spoke to the lady taking the reservation and gave her all of her information. We get there yesterday to check in and were told we couldn't do that without the credit card, she proceeded to explain the conversation with an employee when they called and they said that was not possible, she asked if I had a card they could swipe and that when Mark got off work he could email card information, as I was talking to him on the phone and telling him what he needed to do, the gal who had originally was checking us in said he could give her information over phone, he then said he would go get his wallet and call her right back, after he cleared up on the phone he called Lori and told her all taken care of, in the morning we go to her dr appt and come back and I checked my bank and the hotel had charges to my account, so when we were leaving I inquired only to find out that they are trying to tell us that Mark never called and they were not able to do over phone, she asked to speak with management and an asst manager came out and would not listen to us, we asked her to call the girl that was working when we checked in and she refused, the General Manager then came out and proceeded to tell us he thought we were lying and that he heard Mark say he was coming in to drop off card, not possible he is working in Williston and we are in Bloomington, Minneapolis, MN the asst mgr suggested I pay for and have him pay me back, that wouldn't have been an issue but they had his card number and information that they refused to use, I had stopped in front to buy a can of pop before dr appt, I paid the gal $1.00 and then when we came back we stopped and got pop and the price was $1.25 per can and tax, amazing how 2 separate individuals have there own pricing system. I would never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone, very rude employees, not very knowledgeable staff, have room service menu but when call it is a restaurant down the street and very expensive, there was a spider up in corner of room above the one bed, and honestly this whole situation could have been handled quite easily by calling the person who took the reservation and verifying that she did tell them that it would be no problem to do the card over the phone, but they refused, now it would have been easy enough to do, and then could have said that being you were told this we will do this time but just so you know actually our policy is to have the card with you so next time you visit us please remember to bring with, much simpler instead took this situation and made it alot worse, my sister has a seizure case of anxiety and she told them that, and didn't seem to matter, on our way home which we had a 5 hour drive we had to stop at a hospital, she couldn't breathe, and her blood pressure was thru the roof, *98/100, it took a couple of hours to get her calmed down and able for us to get back on the road so we could get home. never again, believe me I go to the cites for medical appointments and never a problem with the hotels I have stayed at, we will not recommend this facility to anyone. If you do make sure you check everything before and after you get there, you never know what you will be charged. Tammy Olson, Grand Forks

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Amazing beds, great room, perfect stay.
A little bit of a drive from MOA but the quality of rooms more than made up for it.
Nice breakfast to start the day was included in price. The pool was sweet. The staff was so friendly and helpful. A real pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

WINNIPEG
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We Hotwired this hotel for a summer trip to Minneapolis and lucked out with it being close to some beautiful shopping and eating spots in Edina. The room was adequate for our needs and clean. The hairdryer was broken and it was replaced immediately with a call to the desk so service did not seem to be an issue. Problems that happened were related to a freak rain storm that caused flooding in the lobby as well as shutting down the lower level pool area. Problems in our room involved leaking in the corner of the room from the air conditioner in the room above ours. Some of our clothing got wet. The staff seemed overwhelmed by so many problems although they were very polite. The room was kept clean during our stay but even towels that we had left to soak up the drips from the ceiling were left where I had placed them. Closer inspection of the dripping ceiling revealed previous damage indicating that this had happened before. Fortunately, the dripping was not located over something critical such as our bed although only by 1-2 feet. We were lucky in our misfortune. I sent a review to La Quinta but received no reply.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is my 14th stay here in the past year and a half. I'm an airline pilot and for some reason this is the hotel my company chooses. I don't understand why people choose this place. It is far from both the airport and the mall. The hotel shuttles always have long waits. I have found nasty things in my bed on more than one occasion. I have witnessed the front desk staff being rude more than once. The internet is painfully slow, on any floor, if you can connect... The shower heads are low flow, and are so low to the ground, I'm 5'10 and have to bend over. The sink faucet has extremely low pressure that it makes shaving and brushing your teeth a frustrating ordeal. The gym leaves a lot to be desired, even for a La Quinta. There are always dogs in this hotel. I love dogs but they are always barking. Lots of dog conventions in the area. My biggest problem with this hotel are the elevators. Prepare to wait and wait. 40 people in the lobby waiting for 1 elevator. Its a horrible system. If it were my money, I would throw it elsewhere. I am a happy and positive person just trying to get his point across...

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi Todd, We've read your comments abour your stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington - West. We've certainly got some training opportunities here! We are a pet friendly hotel, but have certain expectations for our pet owners which we need to ensure our team members are monitoring. We're also concerned about the maintenance and cleanliness issues you've mentioned and will bring our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams into the loop with your feedback. We'd like the chance to talk with you further about your specific concerns, and were wondering if we could ask you to contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com so we can chat with you directly? Thanks again for your comments! We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W? Share your experiences!