“A long stay for a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5151 American Blvd West, Bloomington, MN 55437   |
Ranked #17 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
Seattle, Washington
“A long stay for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed for eleven days, with 2 kids, in a suite. The suite was great, 2 rooms and very comfortable. We used the shuttle to MOA, once just to get on the light rail to go to a Twins game-it was super easy. The staff was a mixed bag, some were professional and friendly and others not so much. The cleaning staff was so nice, and very consistently kind. There were some nights with some loud guests, but overall it was a quiet 11 night stay. The breakfast was decent, but some mornings we went to Denny's or Perkins because there was not that much variety - keep in mind we were here for 11 days and it was part of the room rate. For a long stay with a family, this was a great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LQBloomingtonWest, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello and thank you for the nice review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and take your comments to heart. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.
Rick E

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Laquinta in Bloomington on several occasions and have never been dissatisfied. Many discounts available ie...military, aarp, AAA. Shuttle service is always available. And breakfast is great and available every morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hi and thanks for your comments. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Rick E
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is pretty "dated" - may have seen better days. Upon arrival, the guest staff wasn't very welcoming....I'd go as far as calling the woman rude. The mattress in the room we were put in had no spring left in it and sunk in the middle. I requested a cancellation and was told that was not an option but they did offer another room. The second woman I spoke to was friendlier and the second room was slightly better. I don't think I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wasn't expecting too much as I don't stay at La Quintas very often but it was decent. Front desk staff was overwhelmed as there was probably 10 people trying to check in late one night and I felt they rushed us, didn't really explain anything to us including the van schedule in the morning. I went to my room and let things calm down a bit and called down to set up my spot on the shuttle, glad I called because you need to reserve a spot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
richfield minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at this La Quinta last weekend for one night, using my points from my La Quinta reward program. We were at the very top, 18th floor, facing south and loved our view! The room had 2 DDs and was very clean and well kept up. For an older property, I would say I was very happy and pleased with the condition of this hotel. Our room had extremely comfy beds, and the bathroom, although a bit dated, was clean and in very good condition. The desk clerks were helpful and friendly, and our checkin/checkout was so quick and easy. The breakfast in the morning was included with the room, and had the typical carb-based foods...make your own waffels, bagels, toast, instant oatmeal, some fresh fruit, yogurt, juices and coffee, hard-boiled eggs. Very good space we thought, and it was busy the morning we were there. Lots of tables compared to some hotels that only have a few available in the breakfast area. We were overall very happy and comfortable at this hotel, and would stay again in the future!

Room Tip: the clerk told us that King bed rooms were facing north, towards downtown Minneapolis, and rooms wit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a really good stay here recently. We got a good deal on Priceline and were given a nice King room at check-in. The room was small but clean. Comfy bed, and everything was fairly updated. Most importantly for me, we couldn't hear anything through the walls! Nice and quiet. My boyfriend thought the breakfast could have been a little better, but I usually just eat the oatmeal so I didn't mind. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Burkburnett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Whenever we travel back home to Minnesota ( which is about 2-3 times a year ) we stay at the West Bloomington La Quinta, it's clean beds are comfy as are the pillows ( 3 BIG things to me when choosing a place to stay )... The continental breakfast has always been just so-so just typical waffle and such, this last time we stayed there ( which was last week ) we noticed a change my husband and I weren't happy about, they changed their coffee from Folgers ( which I know isn't high end but it did the trick ) to a now Automatic Instant Coffee Machine, it was TERRIBLE ( even the bad coffee they have for you in the room was better than it ), we ended up going to Caribou Coffee twice a day because this coffee was SO bad... All that being said we'll be back to stay here in December BUT we now know to not waste our time with the coffee...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W? Share your experiences!