“Needs a deep cleaning and remodel to say the least” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7770 Johnson Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55435 (Formerly Le Bourget Aero Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Burbank, California
“Needs a deep cleaning and remodel to say the least”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here one night on a business trip. The hotel looks worn out, the furniture, the carpets etc. The best thing about this hotel is that the bed was Really comfortable .
There is no restaurant in this hotel - they serve a free buffet breakfast in the area adjacent to the lobby. The layout and amount of choices is extensive but the taste of the food is really lacking. I'd rather pay for breakfast than eat their free food. The staff is nice but personally I would not stay here again. The thing that pushed me over the edge was when I went to the ice machine and in some of my ice cubes were tiny frozen cockroaches. Yeah that did it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mazon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel has a great location right off the highway. Restaurants with in two miles. The rooms look brand new and the staff was very helpful. The free shuttle to the Mall of America is a very nice perk. The breakfast line can get very long in the middle of the week due to all the business travelers.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Bobby3131,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn
Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. I am pleased to hear that you were able to utilize and enjoy our Complimentary Shuttle service to the Mall of America during your visit. Our shuttle service make local commuting hassle free for our guests and our drivers are very friendly. Again, thank you for your review and we hope you come back and visit us again the next time you travel to Bloomington.
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

One of the most friendliest staff I have observed at Holiday Inn. Very knowledgeable and prompt in their service.

Rooms are decent but look a little dated. Mine did not have a desk but had quite a open space in the room unlike other hotels. Washroom was very small. There is a shuttle back and forth for the airport and nearby areas. Very accommodative staff. Only one phone in the room though , most Holiday Inn's would have atleast two.

They have complimentary breakfast which is quite decent.

Internet service was very reliable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Amitabh C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Aprt Area West. I am very pleased to read you review and the comments on our friendly staff. The team here really do go above and beyond when showing the guests how much they truly care. I am happy that your experience mirrored this. We hope you come back and visit again soon!

Albert Lea, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had surgery and was able to check in 3 hours early. Staff were wonderful everywhere throughout the hotel and the room was very comfortable. I also got a hospital discount that I wasn't even aware of..so thank you!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Amberml22,

Thank you so much for the 5 Star Review on your recent stay with us in Bloomington. We know how difficult it is to fit medical schedules in with hotel stays and try very hard to take care of each guest request. I am so pleased that we were able to make your stay comfortable and offer the medical rate. We hope that your recovery is quick and all is well. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington MPLS Arpt Area West.

Council Bluffs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip to the Mall of America. The king suite room was very spacious and clean. We had a separate room with a door and tv, a desk with chair and closet while our young adult son had the living room with pull out bed and his own tv. Living room also had a table with 2 chairs. Mini fridge, microwave and sink with plenty of cupboard space they even provided paper plates with plastic utensils. We don't care for the single cup coffee makers but seems everyone has gone to those. Bed was comfy the first night but we stayed 3 and after the second my husband and I could hardly move. We are use to a firmer mattress and maybe should have said something after the second night, but didn't. Breakfast was good and was happy the third morning there was bacon instead of sausage! We bring our son up here for the Lego store in the Mall of America and are extremely greatful the hotel offers free shuttle service to and from. The first time we ever came up we made the mistake of driving to the Mall and spent half the day in the parking garage. The staff are very courteous and professional and we most likely will be back next year.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear eaking1098,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice 4 star review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington MPLS Arpt Area West. I am pleased to hear that your family has such a wonderful tradition of visiting Lego Store in the Mall of America and you even have made us a part of that tradition for two visits. Our two room suites are ideal for families to have that extra space and the microwave and fridges are an added bonus. I do apologize about the bed comfort that you were unable to experience on your last nights with us. Most of our guests rave our beds but I would be happy to have maintenance take a look at the bed if you would email me with the room number or the name your reservation was booked under. A restful night sleep and excellent service is what we pride ourself on and I would like to make every effort to create that for you in your next visit if changes can be made to the bed. Again, thank you so much for the feedback and we look forward to your next family visit to Bloomington.

Michelle N
gm@hiexbloomington.com
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for 3 day business trip.
Hotel rooms are very nice, much nicer than expected. Having the couch in the room is nice for relaxing. Televisions were newer Samsungs that were beautiful. Staff was friendly and breakfast was nice.
Recommend highly for any kind of stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Iso275,
Thank you for making Hoiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West your choice for lodging during your business trip. Our location is ideal for corporate as well as leisure travels especially with the wide selection of amenities in the area including trader joe's and Total Wine and More just across the street or a quick shuttle ride to many local dining options or the Mall of America. We are very greatful that you found our rooms relaxing and even found some time to watch some programs on our new Samsung TV's. Thank you again for your 5 Star Review and we hope you consider us on your next visit to Bloomington!!

Michelle N
Atherton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I picked this hotel mostly because of its convenient location and good online reviews. The actual experience far exceeded my expectations.

I was in town to get some dental procedures done. The hotel management team was very responsive to my special needs and made sure that I was doing well throughout my stay.

The staff in general have a casual, fun attitude towards things and are effective in doing their jobs. My trip turned out to be longer than I originally planned for (imagine your doc has to be away in the middle of your treatment for various reasons). These friendly folks had definitely made things easier for me during my extended stay. l would certainly go back the next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear nightOwl1001,
I can't thank you enough for your kind and encouraging words on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. As a team we strive to create lasting positive memories for all of our guests and it is always great to hear of an individuals experience. Traveling for medical needs is never fun but being able to relax and feel comfortable once you get back to the hotel is a necessity in our opinion. I do hope all has gone well since your dental procedures and that you will be coming back to visit us again sometime if you are in the area. Again, thank you so much for your kind words!

Michelle N.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!