“Very nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7770 Johnson Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55435 (Formerly Le Bourget Aero Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Very nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express is my hotel of choice. As a result of my travels I get to stay in a number of the facilities. I like them because the quality is consistent. Surprises are rare.
My only surprise is usually the free upgrade that comes with being at my level in their rewards program. Sometimes I get a suite. Sometimes a
Jacuzzi. Regardless, the surprise is always nice. This time I got a free upgrade to a suite. Sweet!
Two larges TVs. Nice couch with comfortable chairs. Free WiFi. Get the idea?
Good but typical free hot breakfast. Large seating area.
Loved the timely, friendly shuttle to the airport and the Mall of America. Great perk!
Negatives: The AC is old and loud! Very loud -- I repeat, in case you didn't hear me the first time. Restroom is small and old. It too needs attention -- especially the tub/shower. I expected more.
Lots of quality restaurants near by. Trader Joes and other stores across the street. Loved the location.
Overall, this is a really good place to stay. With a little work, this could place could move from good to really, really good.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jackson1679,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us a Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. We truly appreicate all of the valuable feedback you provided especially on the friendly service and staff. Our location is also ideal for most dining and shopping needs. We also have a new store that just opened called Total Wine which is located right across the street and has about any wine beverage you could be looking for after a busy day. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you on your next stay in Bloomington!
Michelle N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

shuttle service from and for the airport and the mall of america, just cross the street of my customer Donaldson and very good restaurant for breakfast and lunch/dinner. Front desk people and the drivers very friendly. the rooms are perfect.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Piedmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the upgrade! Our stay was better than it has been with Holiday Inn Express. Employees seem happier and friendlier. Hopefully we got this problem solved and won't have go through the upgrade every time we stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Travelinwego,
Thank you for taking the time to write on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. I am pleased that the staff were able to upgrade you to a more comfortable room to metter meet your needs during this stay. We have some very nice two room suites that are exceptional for larger families or corporate travelers and we are always happy to show them off. I hope we will be able to increase our score from you in the future and look forward to continue to provide excellent service to you.
Save travels,
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is a newer hotel. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The shower had very good water pressure (a bonus for us long haired women).

They staff are friendly and there was a good selection for the free breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Colleen_KW
Thank you for leaving a 5 Star review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. I am happy to see that you found the shower pressure and breakfast to be top notch. We work very hard to create a positive lasting impression on each of our guest especially with our friendly staff. We hope you come to visit us again very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really mainly want to focus on the fact that Rodney the shuttle driver not only comes to get you from your room but makes excellent recommendations for great food, entertainment and shopping. They also drop you off and pick you up. This is what makes This location shine. Rooms are clean and pool stays at 86 degrees. Enjoy this place it is wonderful.

• Stayed October 2014
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Mafiama

What a great review on our shuttle driver Rodney!! He is a valued employee who really cares about each of the guests he comes in contact with and strives to keep everyone coming back. I am pleased to read that your stay was improved by the recommendations he provided. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5 Star Review on your visit with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. We hope you will visit us when you are in the area again soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the HI Express Bloomington West and hosted a baby shower and a 3rd birthday party in their conference room. Both events were a huge success. Every employee we came into contact with was very helpful and did everything they could to answer my questions and fulfill my requests, of which I had many. The best part was that they did it with a friendly smile on their faces.

The entire front desk team always provided me with the answers I needed; The shuttle driver gave my granddaughter a pumpkin and helped with various baby shower and birthday party tasks; The kitchen manager provided fridge and freezer space, bowls and various utensils; and the banquet managed the room and provided great ideas for food and games. I really didn't even have to think!

The conference room was perfect for the shower and birthday party, and the pool area provided a perfect place to gather while our family swam between events.

You never know what you're going to get when you find a hotel online, but I was very lucky when I chose the Holiday Inn Express, Bloomington West to host my events. I am very grateful.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear heathoo,
I am so happy to hear of your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West for your family events!! Our team really enjoy being able to do those special little things to make your event memorable and they really have some fun ideas too! I hope you are a member of our loyalty club called IHG Rewards Club so that you are able to earn points with each of your stays and events towards a free night or some great merchandise too. Thank you again for taking the time to leave such a fantastic 5 Star Review on your stay and we look forward to the may years to come of your family parties!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I just stayed here with our girls. It is super easy to get to, not far from the MOA and the breakfast is excellent!

I did have an issue with the staff slamming doors in the early morning (6:30 am), but our room was across the hall from where they were working. I told the gentleman at the front desk & he mentioned it to the staff, I didn't hear anything after that. We will definitely stay here again - just make sure we request a different area.

Room Tip: Ground level is great, just stay farther down from the "Pantry" room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Erin H
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Arpt Area West for your family's lodging needs. We are very proud with our staff and the attention to detail that they take with every guest interaction. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of your noise concerns in the morning hours. I do hope you were able to enjoy your travels with our Free Shuttle service to the Mall of America and avoid having to drive and park in the crowded parking ramps. As a parent myself I would suggest trying out one of our North Tower Suites to add some extra privacy with a seperate sleeping area from the sitting area and a microwave/ fridge in the room. Again that you for your 5 Star review on your recent stay with us! We look forward to your next visit!
Michelle N

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!