“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7770 Johnson Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55435 (Formerly Le Bourget Aero Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Minnesota
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We needed an inexpensive one-night stay while attending a concert at the Northrop Memorial Auditorium in Minneapolis and also wanted to be near the Mall of America-This hotel fit the bill and also provide a very quiet night's rest. We were close to restaurants and shopping if needed and the hotel was very clean-looked almost new. We stayed in room 313 and it was quiet and cozy. Had 2 queen beds, nice bathroom and shower. Morning breakfast was a treat-scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, yogurts, fresh fruit and the usual breads. We were at the hotel on a weekday and there was plenty of space to sit for breakfast. Found out they do offer a free airport shuttle and also have a park and stay package which we will have to check out for the future. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing accommodations near the Twin Cities.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear RansRider,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. A 5 Star Review really means a lot to us! As a hotel in a large city it is difficult to stand out in a crowd but that is our goal, to stand out above the others for our excellent service and amenities. I am pleased to see that we were able to accomplish that with your stay. I do hope we are able to help you with your future park and fly needs and look forward to your arrival. Thank you again!

All the Best,

Michelle N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

All I can say is Thank You to this hotel, it was a savior to a horrible road trip and a bad hotel experience. We showed up late on Friday night after walking out of a different hotel and I was welcomed with a smile and a very happy front desk member. She was super busy, but she Kristina was grace under pressure and very empathetic to my needs. Even though she was the only front desk staff and was being crammed up with check ins, phone calls, questions, and some very I would say cranky customers she maintained professionalism and a perfect smile. She was able to get us into a room without an issue. My daughter was so impressed with Kristina that tonight she ran up to talk to her when we seen her again. The front desk staff in the morning was wonderful too. The rooms are beautiful. The hotel smells good and is in fabulous shape. The breakfast is delicious with lots of choices. The pool is a wonderful temp that you can just walk in to (a little small and there is not hot tub -- only complaint) otherwise the hotel/staff/breakfast location everything fabulous! Thank You Holiday Inn! And extra thank you to Kristina for being wonderful because of your welcome to us so late at night, my family will always come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Beth B
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a rave 5 Star review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. It warms my heart to read your review and the kind words about your service experience with Kristina. She is a very valued employee and really loves being able to take care of all of the guests needs when they arise. I am sorry to hear that your previous experiences prior to visiting our hotel were not favorable but I am happy that we were able to be your "savior". Your review is what each of our staff strive to receive and I am pleased that your experience is what you should come to expect when visiting all IHG hotels but especially our location. Again thank you so much for the kind review. I will be sharing it with Kristina and we do look forward to your next visit!

All the Best,
Michelle N
DeForest, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this property in the past when it was Le Bourget Aero Suites. Back then it was a great place to stay. Close to the airport and the Mall of America with shuttle service provided. The rooms were always nice. But, with the new renovations and the Holiday Inn brand have really brought the hotel to the next level. I was in town for a wedding and stayed in one of their double queen rooms. The room was spotless upon arrival and the check in process was quick and easy. The staff was great in the morning for breakfast. They were slammed but kept up with the volume and stocking the items that were low. You can tell this hotel has great management. Even some of the staff that was there when it was Le Bourget was still there!! I will never stay anywhere else when I stay in the cities area. Great location, great experience. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your past, present and future loyalty to our great hotel in Bloomington. It is exciting to see a former guest take the time to leave a 5 Star review on their stay. We have been through many changes and appreciate each of our loyal guests over the years. Being able to offer a hot continental breakfast with many options is very important to our travelers as well as creating excellent customer experiences with them. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit with our hotel and our friendly staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about my stay here and my husband feels the same. It was clean and so well done. The decor is modern and yet homey and really beautiful. I wanted some of the art and light fixtures for my home.
The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. We wanted to see Mall of America and they were happy to quickly offer the free shuttle service to us. The driver was helpful in making some great dining suggestions and even directions on navigating our way through the enormous MOA.
Our bed was cozy. There were no weird smells or creaks or pops in the room. The laundry facility was convenient and not overpriced. Only suggestion, need liquid instead of powder detergent since the machine doesn't take powder. But really I'm thankful laundry was even an option and the machines were clean as well.
The breakfast...I mean wow!!! So delicious and so much there. And my number one gratitude...gluten free muffins and bagels. That means so much to a person dealing with the intolerance. Thank you for thinking of us, truly!!! Several times already I have heard my husband say it's one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in many. We will definitely be recommending this holiday inn express! Thank you all who put much into making this experience a great one! Our journey from Oregon to New York was made sweeter by you!

• Stayed October 2014
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave a 5 Star Review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. I really appreciate the very valuable feedback on all areas of the hotel and especially on the laundry area. I will look into getting liquid detergent for the guest laundry based on your comments. We take pride in creating a positive guest experience with everyone we meet and I am pleased to see that you were no exception. I hope you have signed up for the IHG Rewards Club and are earning points towards your next free night. Again, thank you for the rave review and we look forward to your next visit to Bloomington!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything about this hotel stay met or exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and well furnished. The desk staff was extraordinarily helpful -- every person I dealth with. The complimentary breakfast had everything I was looking for and the property was convenient to freeway access and to a number of great restaurants in the Southdale area. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving a great 5 Star Review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suties Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. It is exciting to see that we met and exceeded your expectations in all departments. I do hope that you had the opportunity to try out our complimentary shuttle on some of your travel needs. Our shuttle is a great way to see the city without the hastle of dealing with the traffic. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!!
Moorhead, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family of four stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a little family time, visiting the zoo, etc. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, check in was quick and easy. There are no microwaves or fridges in the rooms, which is something you come to expect, especially when you hear the word suites. The pool room is nice but very, very small and not well attended. About 8 rowdy children came in by one of them banging on the door until someone opened the door and then letting the rest of them in the fire doors in the pool area. They really ruined the experience for the rest the little children in the pool, and one of the little ones they brought with was not being watched well, and needed to be 'saved' from under the water because of it. I notified the front desk of the situation, but did not see any action taken. I understand it can be hard to watch over the pool area constantly, but maybe giving out wrist bands would help curb some of the extra, 'un-guests'.
The continental breakfast was very nice, with lots of choices. It did get super busy in there on the weekend, with a long line and limited seating, so maybe go early..

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 4 star review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington West. I am pleased to see that your room comforts and cleanliness was up to your expectation. Our housekeeping department do an excellent job of making every room feel like it is being used for the first time and take real pride in their work. I do apologize for the unresponsiveness of the staff on the situation in the pool area. As a parent with small children I too would be disappointed and also concerned with the situation. I will make sure to stress this importance also with my staff and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I do hope you consider giving us another chance to show our "Minnesota Nice" to you on your next visit to the Bloomington area.
Lebanon, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a well-managed and maintained hotel. I spent one night here to be close to Minneapolis-St.Paul Airport (about 10 or 15 minutes away), was an excellent choice. My room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, very quiet, friendly staff. Breakfast was also outstanding- one of best I've had at a hotel. Based on my visit, I would definitely return to this hotel and other Holiday Inn Express Hotels. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5 star review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. I am pleased to read that your visit was a true example of the service and product we strive to deliver to each of our guests. Our Airport location is ideal if you want to be close but not too close to the airport and our hotel shuttle also does free transportation so you don't need to worry about the drive. Again thank you for your great review and we look forward to your next visit and hope you are an IHG Rewards Member so you can earn points for your next free stay!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!