“Would Come Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7770 Johnson Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55435 (Formerly Le Bourget Aero Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Would Come Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great hotel! We were so pleased with this hotel. Clean, friendly staff, shuttle to Mall of America, deluxe continental breakfast (including bacon, who ever has bacon?), large rooms and the most comfortable beds ever! Never stayed at a Holiday Inn before but wouldn't hesitate in the future if they were all as nice as this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the 5 Star review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. As a new traveler with Holiday Inn Express I am so pleased that you gave us the opportunity to show you what true service and excellent hotel accommodations are like! I do hope you were able to sign up for the IHG Rewards frequent stay program so you can start to earn points towards free night stays in the future. Thank you again for the glowing review. We hope that you come back and visit us and have some bacon again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Piedmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stay here many times over 3 years. Lebourget staff were the best! 98% of staff was fired when it became Holiday Inn.
We were told we had a suite when we made reservations, even called 1 hour before arrival to confirm room type. When we arrived our room was not available, told we would have to settle for standard room. Same thing happened on next stay also. Rudest staff!

Room Tip: You get what they got.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. We strive to deliver excellent customer service to all of our guests and accommodate all of their needs. I do apologize that we were not able to give you that quality of service that you have come to expect. I hope that you give us the opportunity to show you 5 Star Service in the future. I personally would like to make that happen. Please contact me directly when you are coming back to the area and I will be sure that your requests and service levels are exceeded. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
Michelle Neeley
gm@hiexbloomington.com
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Got to the airport earlier than planned (1:20p.m.) & before official check-in time (3:00p.m.) Front desk checked on my room (I'm Platinum Elite & they had assigned me a suite). When they checked, housekeeping said it would be ready in 30 minutes. That was fine with me so I had a quick lunch at a nearby restaurant. Went back to the hotel at 2:15 expecting my room would be ready as they said it would be in 30 minutes & I waited about 45 - 50 minutes. The front desk didn't know if my room was ready or not & needed to check with housekeeping again. After waiting 10 minutes I left as I needed to meet someone who was at least 30 minutes away. When I expressed my displeasure the desk clerk informed me that's why check-in isn't until 3:00p.m. My being upset was not due to the room not being available; I knew I was early. I was upset because I was specifically told the room would be ready in 30 minutes. Rather than being rushed (& late for my appointment) because I waited for the promised room, I would have left right after I arrived the first time & driven to the other side of town to be closer to where I needed to be and eaten there. When I returned to the hotel about 5:30p.m. my room was ready. The room, a 2 room suite was nice. The layout was similar to an Embassy Suites. Comfortable living room with wet bar (complete with microwave & fridge). Bedroom was fine & the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever had! Strange thing to me is that the living room does not have a/c -- you have to leave the bedroom door open & have the fan on high to have any impact on the living room. The a/c unit was pretty noisy too impacting on sleep quality. Breakfast in the morning left something to be desired. The eggs certainly appeared & tasted like overdone powdered eggs. The ham & sausage weren't much better. They had biscuits but no gravy :( The best part of the breakfast offerings was the warm cinnaman rolls -- delicious. Had one issue with my room: the water pressure (hot side) was virtually non-existent. I reported the problem to the front desk & it was fixed within 10 minutes, possibly 5. All in all, other than my initial "run-in" with the frobnt desk clerk on my 2nd try to check-in, I found the staff to be very responsive, welcoming & accommodating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve98686, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. As a Platinum Elete Member with IHG Rewards there are many standards that I am sure you come to expect with the multitude of IHG Hotels you stay at over the year. I would like to apologize for the areas that we were unable to meet up to that expectation. I completely understand how you were disappointed with the lack of communication of the staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with them as an area for training. I am pleased that you were comfortable with your room and the new beds in the room. We know how important a restful night sleep is and we receive very positive comments on the bed and pillow comfort in our rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you give us an opportunity to show you 5 Star service in the future at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

First trip to Minneapolis......the plants are actually green up here!! ( joke for those of us in drought areas).

I got upgraded to a suite. Wow - perfect. plenty of room to set up and actually do some work during down time. The room was clean, bed was great, mini fridge and microwave.......what else could a guy ask for? And get this......the Interweb was fast!!!

Easy access to the freeway, plenty of restaurants within 2 minutes.

Cleaning and front desk staff very accommodating. I'll definitely be back

Room Tip: upgrade if you can....rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star review on your first visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West and Minnesota!! I'm glad you visited while it was green since out other season is less colorful with nothing but white everywhere.
Our suites are very nice especially for those needing a little extra room plus a microwave and refrigerator. I hope you were able to sign up for the IHG Rewards program if you are not already a member and start earning points towards a free night stay. Thank you again for you great review and letting us host your first visit to Minnesota. We look forward to your next arrival!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

,We stayed here for 2 nights in a room with one king bed, while attending the Twins-White Sox games at Target Field. The room had a nice soft sofa--the only disappointment was the fact that the room did not have a refrigerator! Most unusual as the competitors of HI Express have refrigerators in the rooms. The buffet breakfast was more than adequate. We were assigned room 212 which is the farthest from the elevators and therefore quiet. Overall evaluation is the hotel is a good value for the Twin Cities Metro area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 4 star review on your current stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. I am delighted that your stay was a positive one while you came for the Twins Game. I hope you were able to utilize our compilmentary shuttle to the light rail to the Twins Game. I do apologize for there not being a refrigerator in your room. We do have several 2 room suites that have refrigerators and microwaves in them for you to try should you be in the neighborhood again. We are hoping to add refrigerators to all of our rooms in the future. Thank you again for your reveiw and we look forward to your next visit.
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel in a good location. The room was nice and big, we had a room with a king size with a roll out sofa bed. The downside was when we pulled out the sofa bed it was stained with what appeared to be diarrhea. It was late so we did not call down to the front desk. We told the front desk in the morning & said they would replace it. Later that evening we found out they had not. We were able to use the mattress from our parents room. The management was apologetic & issued a refund for one night which was acceptable. Otherwise the hotel was nice, the breakfast was good could have used a little more variety. In spite of our situation I would stay here again just would check the sofa mattress at check in.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 4 Star review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suties Bloomington Mpls Arpt Area West. We value each and every guests' feedback and appreciate the honesty that is offered. I do want to apologize for the unacceptable condition that your sofa bed was in as I know how our guests expections should be exceeded when staying here and it is apparent that we fell short on this occasion. I am happy to hear that the management were able to take care issue. I am happy to hear that the breakfast was good and hopefully you were able to try our excellent signature cinnamon rolls. Thank you again for your reveiw and we look forward to your next visit!
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I spent a lot of time reading hotel reviews before my visit to the Minneapolis area last weekend. This hotel is a great value. It is modern and comfortable, in a convenient (safe) location, with kind, helpful staff. We stayed in a King suite. It had a comfortable living area, fridge, and microwave, and a bedroom with a king bed. I loved that I could put my child to bed and the adults could stay up without disturbing them. The complimentary breakfast is the best that I have seen--eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, etc. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIEXBloomington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I personally can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave such a raving review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bloomington West and mentioning the staff's names. They all work so hard and it is truly a joy for them to acutally be recognized by our guests for their efforts. We couldn't be as successful as we are if we did not have the excellent people we do working for us. Thank you again and we look forward to your family's next visit!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!