“Yet another great stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Park Plaza Bloomington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4460 W 78th St Circle, Bloomington, MN 55435   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
“Yet another great stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed downtown one night on business and was glad to get back to this hotel for the rest of the trip! Nice location, close to things my family always wants to do in the area, but just off the beaten path. Nice pool, spa and exercise room. Clean facilities as always. Staff courteous and, even though down the road from the airport, basically no noise. Must have been a local car show the weekend we were there. Really enjoyed the "bonus" of seeing all of the cool classic cars in the parking lot. Still just as good as any other time we have stayed here. We will continue to come back when we need to visit/stay in the area.

Room Tip: I have not had a "bad" room here yet. There is a cool nighttime purple/pink light in fron...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear bleutalefly,

I am thrilled to see that once again you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to submit an online review. Customer service is always our priority and I am glad that you find our hotel team friendly and the accomodations are clean and meet your needs. You are correct, the back to the 50's Car Show was this weekend so there were some really neat classic cars all over the metro area.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me personally the next time you are in the area, or even stop by the front desk and introduce yourself. Enjoy the upcoming summer months as they always go by quickly.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
gainesville, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We waited for over two hours in the airport shuttle line for the "hourly shuttle" before having to cough up $35 for a cab ride to the hotel. The other airport hotels ran shuttles nearly every 30 minutes. The reception desk was unapologetic. The hotel is outdated, the wall furnishings were peeling from the wall on the 8th floor, and the lobby bar/restaurant was infested with mosquitoes. If we hadn't been stranded overnight from a missed connection, I would have walked away. The best part of this hotel is checking out and knowing you'll never be back

Stayed June 2013
Dear morganf,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel as we do read and take to heart all of our guest comments. I sincerely apologize that our shuttle service was not prompt to pick you up. We do run our shuttle on an on-call system so our guests need to call to let us know that they are there and we send a shuttle. I sincerely apologize if this was not communicated correctly. If your stay was over this past weekend we had storms that knocked out power and phones throughout much of the Bloomington area. We did our best to pick up all of our guests who could not call in by continuous runs to and from the airport, but unfortunately we did miss a few guests and felt awful for the long waits at the airport.

I have shared your comments regarding the condition of the hotel when you arrived with out management team and we are addressing these concerns as we can. I am disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. If I can be of personal assistance do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Suzanna B.
Kearney, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This was the third time we have stayed at this hotel in the past year or so. The price is very reasonable and close to some really nice shopping and great choices in dining options on France Avenue. This is an older hotel and the TVs are not flat screens, but it was super quiet this time around. We also ordered room service and I was very pleasantly surprised that the food was so good. Our first two stays here were not anything to write home about and I really had my doubts about booking a third time, but due to the price and location, I had to give it another shot. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Lifedream,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online response for our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us this time around. I am especially glad to read that our location worked well for you and enjoyed your meal in the restaurant. Our Executive Chef was thrilled when I shared your review with him. Thank you for giving us another chance to exceed your expectations. I hope to see you again soon should you find yourself back in the area!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a great place to stay for an unbelievable price,all the staff were very helpful,free internet and a nice swimming pool and hot tub were superb.
Room service was also good,was asked every day if i wanted to have the room vacuumed by the lady who came in daily to clean the bathroom which was a nice touch.
Good shuttle service between the Mall of America and the Airport,which meant if you dont drive and have got the light rail downtown you can stay out late and still be picked up and all complimentary.
The food was also good especially the weekend buffet breakfast for only $7.95 plus tax was an absolute bargain
I will definitelyuse this hotel again as it is in a very quiet area and you dont hear any planes which a big plus as most hotels near to MOA are so noisy.
If you are a sports fan like me the TV sets in the room (currently old style size) do have ESPN ESPN2 ESPN CLASSIC and ESPNU.

Room Tip: ask for a room not near the lifts as the ice dispenser and cold drinks machine is a little noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear viktor K,

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your long term stay at the hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to submit an online review. It is most definitely important to find a comfortable hotel, especially for any long term stay as it is where you will spend much of your time. Do not hesitate to reach out to me the next time you are in the area.

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Beautiful room, excellent service and we could not have been happier. I have family near Minneapolis and we wanted a hotel that was centrally located in order to be able to visit relatives and to enjoy and become more familiar with Minneapolis. The room was beautiful, the hotel was quiet, and the service was attentive and prompt. The price was ridiculously reasonable and we loved the weekend breakfast buffet and the nice bar. We will never stay anywhere else when visiting Minneapolis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear JGeuy,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and you plan to come back the next time you are in the area. Our hotel team works very hard on our customer service and it is great to see that their hard work makes a difference to our guests. I am especially glad to read that you found the price was right for you stay and our restaurant worked well for you needs. Do not hesitate to reach out to me the next time you are coming into town. Enjoy the rest of these summer months as they go quickly!

Walker, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I enjoy this hotel, for the price, like no other. Our boys can swim in the pool, our retriever is welcome--many hotels won't accommodate a 45 lb dog--and the onion rings are delicious! The workout area includes free weights--dumbbells, and the staff is always friendly.

Room Tip: get a Club Carlson card and qualify for free upgrades.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark O,

Thank you for submitting an online review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you and your entire family (including your dog) enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We are very proud to be a pet friendly hotel as many of our employees are proud dog owners ourselves. I am also glad that you found our staff friendly and our fitness center fit your needs. As a side note, the onion rings are also my favorite!

Should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area we would love to have you stay with us again. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Suzanna Boshart,
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights,and found the hotel acceptable. It is kind of out of the way and not easy for strangers to find-but my Garmin knew just where it was! We didn't eat there but there are restaurants close. They have a shuttle to and from Mall Of America.It was advertised as a 3 star,I would give it 2 1/2.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tomkat33388,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. I am glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. Because we are tucked away from the highway in a quiter location we can be tricky to find but I am glad your Garmin did the trick. I am thrilled that you were able to utilize the Mall of America shuttle as it is one of our most frequently used amenities. Do not hesitate to reach out to me should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Suzanna B.
Front Office Manager

Been to Park Plaza Bloomington? Share your experiences!