“Uneventful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
London, United Kingdom
“Uneventful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff here are nice, I can't comment on the breakfast as I didn't go. The rooms are clean and a good size, nothing went wrong the entire stay.

The one thing I would say is that compared to a nearby hotel I have stayed at before, the shuttle service to the Mall of America wasn't great. This other hotel had on-demand shuttle service, but this one had set times. I ended up having to take the airport shuttle and then take the train to the mall: not disastrous but not convenient, especially when I'd chosen this hotel because of the free shuttle service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear melonfawn,

Thank you for your review of the Park Plaza, we are all thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay in Bloomington. I am sorry that our shuttle service to the Mall of America did not meet your needs, but happy to see that you were able to ride to the airport and take the train to the mall. We always try to do more mall runs as we are able to, so if you decide to stay here again please inquire at the front desk about extra runs. If we are able to an additional run, we will.

Until we see you again, safe travels.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alpena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel service was awesome, The room was very well kept for an old hotel. But the service of the shuttle drivers and the front desk was top notch. we wanted to go a half mile down the road for Breakfast and asked about getting a cab, and they called the shuttle driver and he took us there, and offered to pick us up.. Gave us he cell phone number.. we walked back, but they were super. the room was spacious and comfortable, a bit older but very well maintained, cleaned and everything worked just fine. I would stay again if I were to go to this area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear DPauly,

Thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Hotel. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in Bloomington and that the staff members were recognized for great service. I will share your comments with the staff so they can celebrate their success with your visit. We work hard every day to ensure our guest's expectations are met and exceeded when we are able to.

If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Until we see you again, safe travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Best thing this time was having a coffee maker in the room that worked. We like the central location to the things we like to do in the area and close to where the grandparents live. We like it off the main drag, though can understand that it can be difficult to drive to the 1st time. GPS in the area is practically a must have for us when visiting. Beds are comfortable, rooms are kept clean, hot water with no waiting, reasonable rates. We tried the buffet and for the food cost ratio, just not worth it to us, so we go to McD or BK instead. However, that is our preference. I note many people eat there and by all of the trays I see in the hall, many people enjoy the room service and eat all their food, so they must like it. We are out of state and oldest daughter plans to go to college in St. Paul, so this may become our regular place to stay over the next 4 years. Plan to stay here in the future when visiting regardless.

• Stayed March 2013
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Good morning bleutalefly,

I am pelased to see you were back for another visit and that everything was working properly this time! I will share your comments with our staff, they will be thrilled to see the caption of your review, everybody works hard here to keep our guests satisfied and coming back for more. If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Until we see you again, safe travels and best wishes.

Regards,

Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I got a very good deal on my room and was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious if a bit oddly laid out. The hot tub and exercise room were really nice, though it was a little awkward to basically walk through the outskirts of a wedding reception to get to the pool from the elevators. A little more compartmentalization of the conference area from the hotel proper would be nice. Also the pool is on the ground floor with lots of windows facing the parking lot and people smoking can look in and watch. Not too horrifying, but a bit awkward.

The hotel was hard to find the first night, but the staff was very kind about talking me there over the phone. It's more the geography of that part of Bloomington than anything else, so make sure you print out good directions and don't forget them like I did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear yoA_12,

Thank you for your recent review of the Park Plaza Bloomington Hotel. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and were able to make use of our pool area. I am sorry that you had to encounter the wedding attendees on your way to the pool, there are a couple of ways to the pool, but if you are unfamiliar with the layout, you take the way you know. I am glad that you were able to get here and that the front desk was able to assist you with the directions.

I am hopeful that we get the opportunity to be of service to you again for future visits. If I can ever be of personal assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Pete Boese, General Manager, 952-831-3311
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very nice. I only saw one male and one female at the front desk, but each was very nice. But,....I arrived around 5pm and it was beginning to snow. I don't live where it snows. The area in front of the front door is a flat cement pad under an open air cover. The drive way leading up to the hotel entrance is steep and at a nearly 30 degree angle! Then some guests decide that they are going to hog the whole cement pad entrance area with their car. No hotel personal helped organize these clueless people. There was enough room for 4 cars of people to be unloading on the flat area in front of the door. One guy made me stop on the entrance hill. My rental car did not have enough power to start on this uphill slope without slipping and sliding. If the guy had just moved forward another 5 feet we both could have been under the roof and doing out loading and unloading. My room was nice, although the loop and ball lock, (secondary lock - replacement for chain) was broken. plenty of hot water. The toilet had a water leak so the tank had to fill a little every 5 minutes. Lots of stations on the TV. (movies, etc). It was about 7 miles to the MSP airport from this hotel. Not to far is good weather, but kid of far in really bad weather. This hotel cannot be seen from the highway, so good navigation/GPS will make your day better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Janice V,

Thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Hotel Bloomington. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I am sorry that the initial unloading of your vehicle was so frustrating during our recent snow storm. We will certainly continue to monitor the front area and keep it free of snow and keep the vehicles moving along so all of our arriving guests can take advantage of the overhang.

If you have a moment to email me your room number to pete.boese@parkplaza.com I can have our engineering staff rectify the running toilet and safety latch. I know that is frustrating having to listen to the toilet cycling all night.

Thank you again for your remarks, if I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Arraijan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed on the Park Plaza for 2 weeks due to a business trip. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the shuttle service to both the Mall of America and the Airport is excellent. Wi-Fi service is also a plus. The food in the restaurant is good with the only problem that they do not serve Lunch. Prices of the room are ok too, the pool and the gym are also a plus. I have to say that I enjoyed my time in the hotel. Only recommendation is to expand the hours of services in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jose_Angel_Pitti,

Thank you for your recent review of the Park Plaza Bloomington, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It was nice to see that you were able to make use of our amenities and that they met your needs. I am sorry that we have limited lunch hours in our restaurant, should your travels bring you back to this area and it is not open, please inquire at the front desk, we will do our best to get you some food.

Thanks again and if I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Breezy Point, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Hotel is a great park & Fly Hotel. Quiet rooms, low cost Breakfast Buffet.
Small evening menu at the bar. Lots of Parking.Shuttle service is in nice clean vehicles owned by the Hotel. Shuttle is not 24 hours, but does start 4 or 5 am.

It's my choice from now on.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanna B, Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear BBQJIM,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at the Park Plaza and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide an online review. Our Park and Fly Package is one of our most popular packages this time of year when everyone is flying out to warmer locations. I am glad that it worked out well for your trip and I certainly hope that your travels were successful.

The next time you are in the area do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Suzanna Boshart, Front Office Manager 952-831-3131

Been to Park Plaza Bloomington? Share your experiences!