The hotel itself is quite nice but the customer service was bad the whole way through. We checked in late and were barely acknowledged, the two staff who were working just continued their conversation while we stood there.The back parking lot floods when it rains - something the staff knew but didn't tell us - and I got water damage to my car (along with many other guests). The hotel "couldn't" do anything for us so we spent half a day of vacation cleaning out 6 inches of water and then dealt with the smell of bogwater until we got home. I would have been happy just to hear "We're sorry about that" but instead the staff acted like it was our fault and we were bothering them by even mentioning it. The front desk manager told us that if the car worked, we were fine and had nothing to worry about - I later found out that it's very dangerous to drive a car that's been submerged in water, the electronics can fail at any time (thanks Park Plaza!). We didn't have any hot water in our room and when we told the front desk, the girl just said "yeah, we know." When we checked out I asked to speak to the manager to let him know we weren't happy with the service and was told he was "too busy" to talk to us and that I could "try" calling him the next day. It was obvious they didn't care that we were unhappy and just wanted to get us out of there. I ended up sending an email to the company about it, thinking they'd at least apologise for the bad experience. Nope. Instead I got a response telling me I should direct any concerns about my car to their insurance company (by now the car's been dealt with and wasn't an issue), but not a single word about the way we were treated and certainly no apology. It showed me that nobody involved in that company, from the front desk clerk to the manager, cares about customer satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the Twin Cities, you're at the heart of it all when you stay at the Park Plaza Hotel, a Carlson brand hotel. Located right in the heart of it all and just minutes to downtown areas. Relax on plush pillow top mattress, crisp white duvet and fluffy pillows or utilize the complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access to help you stay in touch while on the road. Enjoy classic American fare at Three Trees Restaurant and Fireside Lounge. After a busy day, unwind in our whirlpool and heated pool to refresh and rejuvenate your senses. If you feel like exploring, attractions like the Mall of America, Mystic Lake Casino and the famous Minnesota Zoo are all within easy reach. We're only 10 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, so our shuttle can get you to your flight promptly. Whether its business or a fun-filled vacation that brings you to the Bloomington area - your room at the Park Plaza Hotel is waiting, with an impressive list of amenities designed to make your stay a pleasant one but it’s the service that will bring you back. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Plaza Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Bloomington Park Plaza
- Park Plaza Bloomington MN, North America