“Frantic stranded traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Bloomington
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
“Frantic stranded traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I needed a room last minute. I was treated like a treasured friend. Given wonderful advice on where to get a quick sandwich, and most valuable a quiet, clean, comfortable room. Prompt and friendly shuttle service. I will definitely stay with these fine folks again, job well done. Breakfast was delicious fresh fruit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
S8BloomingtonGM, General Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. Your kind words mean so much to all of us at the Bloomington Super 8. Our goal is to make every guest feel at home and comfortable. I appreciate knowing we accomplished this during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments to the staff.

Thanks for staying with us! If I can be of assistance at any time please let me know.

Melody Maus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel when thunderstorms stranded me in Minneapolis. The staff was great, particularly Angie, who was manning the front desk on her own. There was a line of crabby travelers and the phone was ringing off the wall but she kept it together. The shuttle staff was equally polite. The rooms were clean, it's a Super8 so you know what to expect. Staff started the free breakfast early to accommodate those of us on the 5am shuttle back to the airport (5-10 minutes away).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
S8BloomingtonGM, General Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Bloomington Super 8. Although I am sorry to hear that you were stranded in Minneapolis, I am pleased to know that my staff did a great job of taking care of you. We really appreciate when our guests provide us with positive feedback! I will share your comments with the staff and will give Angie extra recognition for a job well done.

If given the opportunity, I hope you will stay with us again. If I can be of assistance at any time please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Kópavogur, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I like this place. I enjoyed my stay there. Staff where very great. The motel is old. Room was clean. Breakfast good.

Room Tip: Clean room. good breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago Heights, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel is ok but very old. The beds are ok, breakfast ok, furniture dirty. The staff was ok. Stay away from the overnight staff. Very rude, was on a computer tablet and not paying attention. Morning staff much better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
S8BloomingtonGM, Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Bloomington Super 8. I apologize that your experience was just ok. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. I want you to know that we have addressed the issues that you mentioned in your review. We are having the carpet and furniture cleaned though out the entire hotel. Also, I have discussed your comments with the overnight staff to ensure that our future guests receive the time and customer service that they deserve.

Next time you are in the Bloomington area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights before making a move to Mankato so that I could visit the Mall of America. The shuttles were VERY convenient, the room was servicable and clean, and the front desk staff were great. The only downside is that the only restaurant in walking distance is a Culver's fast food place, but of course there are plenty of great places to eat at the Mall of America.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Waverly, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. The place is super clean and the employees are professional with a good attitude. I even saw a room set apart as an employee lounge. Our room was as good as any we have stayed in for twice the price. I hope we get the chance to stay at the Bloomington Super 8 in the future. You have a gold mine there. Thank you. Bob G.

Room Tip: As the excellent staff
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
S8BloomingtonGM, General Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Bloomington Super 8 Hotel. I sincerely appreciate hearing about your experience and I have passed on your comments to our staff. We pride ourselves on having clean rooms and friendly service and I am pleased to know we provided you with this. We also like knowing that you appreciated the value of the hotel versus other higher priced hotels.

I hope that when you are in the Bloomington area in the future you will stay with us again! If I can be of service to you at any time please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice basic hotel for the price. Room was clean. The beds were very comfortable, but I would bring your own pillow because theirs are very very thin. This hotel just has a sauna and whirlpool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends