“Perfect all the way around.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

You added Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3800 American Blvd East, Bloomington, MN 55425-1658   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Mall of America Special
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spokane, Washington
“Perfect all the way around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have zero complaints and that's saying a lot coming from me. :) The room (a double on the 4th floor) was spacious, well-appointed, and had a good view considering this is an airport hotel. But, most importantly, it was SPOTLESS! Again, coming from me that is saying a lot as I'm the Queen of Clorox Wipes.

The lobby is large and comfortable and the free cocoa and citrus water station was a nice touch. We opted for the 'bed and breakfast' package which included a very nice breakfast bar offering both hot and cold fare and a variety of beverages, even chocolate milk for the kiddos.

Staff were all very courteous, pleasant, and helpful. In fact, when I arrived home I realized I had accidentally left behind my Apple device charger ($30 to replace) and the hotel staff person I spoke too (housekeeping, I believe), said they had it and they were more than happy to FedEx it to me at no charge. How nice is that?!

I will definitely make at the Hilton MSP/MOA my home away from home every time I'm in the area. You betcha!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HiltonManagerMSP, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I have to admit that we love reading reviews like yours. We spend so much time attending to details and are delighted when our guests notice and comment. You're very kind to share your praise and we're excited to serve you. Please visit us again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Bothell, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Let's start with the good:

The Hilton MSP/MOA is close to the airport and mall with a free shuttle to/from both locations. My room was generous in size and the bed/pillows comfortable.

Now, the not so good:

Tiniest hotel bathroom - the door doesn't fully clear the toilet due to the rounded shower curtain rod. partially remodeled, but has peeling, stained wall paper. I've experienced this phenomenon at other Hilton properties and it confounds me that the property managers don't pay attention to the details when remodeling.

Not so executive lounge - I'm guessing the lounge was an afterthought considering how small - 5 tables plus a small couch and table are at this location. My first evening, there were no seats available and the snack offering was very minimal - definitely more drinks, alcoholic and otherwise versus food. I took a small plate with some grapes, cubes of cheese and a bottle of water back to my room. The following morning, the lounge was unavailable, so we were offered the buffet in the downstairs grill at no charge (positive points). That evening, again no seats available and I wound up just going back to my room. My final morning I arrived, no staff was present, however the hostess had gone to the kitchen to restock the food and showed up a few minutes later refreshing the eggs, bacon and oatmeal. Truth be told, the Hampton Inn has a better breakfast selection and more staff present than this particular Hilton location.

Lastly, the hotel internet offered free to gold/diamond HH members was not working and when mentioned to the front desk staff by myself and 3 other members checking out at the same time said their systems were changing, but no other customers had mentioned it and if we wanted to complain we were handed the business card of the general manager and told we could email him if we chose. I choose to voice my complaint via TripAdvisor instead. As a frequent business traveler, I live and die by keeping my work emails up to date and responses to my customers returned in a timely fashion.

This may be a family friendly hotel, but definitely not a business friendly hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for the internet not working during your stay. We fixed the issue and understand how important your wi-fi connection is to you. The next time you're in the area we would love to have you back.
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is well situated and if you don't pay too much the rooms and service are good. I stayed twice in 1 week in December 2012 and couldn't find fault with the staff or service and would recommend this hotel if you don't want anything special. However, the Bluewater Bar and Grill or whatever they call their restaurant was very very poor on the one occassion we tried it. Service was glacially slow, food was average and there is no way that it lives up to its billing in the hotel literature as "one of the best restaurants in Minneapolis".. no way. The hotel does a good job of looking after Hilton Honors Gold!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. We will try to isolate the circumstances which led to your poor dining experience and appreciate your compliments concerning our care for Hilton Hhonors members, staff and service. If you have an opportunity to dine with us again, I'd like to join you and personally receive your feedback.
Ensenada, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a very bad experience at this hotel regarding the late night front desk employee and in room temperature. We arrived at 10:00pm we turned the a/c on to warm the room up and after 15min it started blowing cold air, we called Front Desk and they sent the Technician (very polite) to fix the problem, A/C started working again for about 20 min and then started blowing cold air. Called Front Desk and they sent the technician up again, only this time the proposed solution was a small electric heater, asked technician to get us an a/c working room, we were sent over to another room which supposedly had a working A/C by this time it was 12:30am. A/C in new room stopped working at 12:50am, tech came back, I called Front Desk complained about the situation, the rude person there basically let us know she couldn't do anything for us and we could get a refund on our prepaid stay, get us checked out at 1am and to go look for another hotel. A/C Tech did a bypass on the thermometer and told us we either had 110 F air if it was turned on or off, we would have to act as thermostats. Called Hilton 1-800 and complained at length about how unfairly and rude we had been treated by Front Desk.

We ended up turning air on and off every hour or so all night to keep the temperature ok as it was freezing outside. Hotel Manager apologized next day for the service we had received and made sure we didn't have the same problem next night.

We ended up staying for two more nights as my girlfriend's cousin wedding reception was being held there. Other than that I would of probably checked out.

Pros:
- Really close to MOA and Airport.

Cons:
- A/C in rooms needs updating as it works on a hot water heating system.
- Rooms and hotel in general is dated and needs remodeling.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the A/C works as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

My family and i have stayed at this hotel everytime we go to mn. we had tried another hotel but it just wasn't as nice, clean or friendly as this Hilton. eveytime we come we are always greeted with a warm hello. The staff goes out of their way to make sure that your stay is perfect. i have never come in contact with any staff that doesn't have an smile on their face. Even the FREE shuttle drivers are awesome! if you're looking for dinner, try the bwg downstairs. The steaks are cooked to perfection....so tender, juicy and flavorful. and breakfast.....YUMMY!!!! its my belief that we have all had breakfast in a hotel before ...but have you ever had eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, french. toast, oatmeal, FRESH fruits, fresh baked goods, and cereals?!?! The muffins are awesome! One last piece of advise: ALWAYS get room service and order the chocolate chip cookies. never in life will you have cookies as delicious as these again.....well, until you come back:)

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your generous review. Feedback like yours makes our work meaningful and we truly appreciate hearing from you. Safe travels and please come back soon,
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

One of the better hotels near airport, so many of hotels in this area are "tired". Great meeting rooms. Only complaint is the guest rooms are uncomfortably warm. The thermostat in the room doesn't seem to be connected to anything except a fan that just blows more warm air. The windows do not open, so only way to get some cooler air is to prop the room door open.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonManagerMSP, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Please accept my apology for the room temperature. We are midway through a comprehensive project to improve temperature controls and hope you'll consider us again for your next visit. As always, thank you for your feedback.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hiltons frequently--usually the executive lounge is a good deal. Not this time. Breakfast was skimpy; evening snacks also pretty thin. They nickel and dime you for internet access; really unpleasant about late check out. Beautiful building, not worth the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm truly sorry that this experience didn't meet your expectations. We generally hear very positive feedback about our executive lounge and I'll personally investigate your concerns over the breakfast offering. High speed internet is free for Hilton Hhonors members, which is free to join. Lastly, please accept my apology that your request for late check-out wasn't handled well. Again, I'll personally address this with our service team.

Been to Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America? Share your experiences!