You added Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
GreenLeadersSilver level
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“One it's game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel prior to a flight.
Very nice airport hotel
We did park and fly with rates under $150
Very nice if flying to Msp
Nothing negative to report
Cab to airport is less than $10
Book it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonManagerMSP, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for the fun and upbeat review. Thanks, especially, for the concise and punctuated conclusion to your review. "Book it!"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Northfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

i stayed at this hotel because my dad had a meeting here. i live nearby so he invited me to stay for a night. when i got to the room i did a dirt inpection i found a dust bunny in the closet but i still liked it. i love the pool it was warm and i like the 2 hot tubs. the hotel looks newly renoltved. i had a king bed and it was really comfy. i would come back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
It's terrific that you were able to spend time with your father and enjoy a great hotel bed for the night. Please accept my apologies for the dust inside your closet. I'm very embarrassed and we've added this as a special housekeeping project to see if we can locate and destroy any others. We're glad that you enjoyed the recreation facilities and look forward to seeing you again!
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on October 16 and 17 for a business meeting. Shuttle to the airport is great and timely, the room was very clean and functional. The bathroom was on the small side but spotless and plenty of hot water and nice towels.I did not use the restaurant, all our meals were in meeting rooms. The food was great, fresh and tasty and the staff was really on top of it. I also used the gym, very good Precor equipment. Also great lounge on the 12th floor. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review and sharing your photos. Some of the best photos are taken by our visitors and we enjoy seeing the hotel through your eyes. Travel safe and come back soon,
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Making the best of a bad deal is how I'd characterize this. I don't much care for the weather in Minneapolis and care even less for the certain airline which uses MSP as a hub, but I've had several stays at this Hilton and it does indeed help make the MSP experience almost tolerable.

I have Hilton Diamond status so I spent my time either in my room or in the executive lounge. Both were clean, well maintained, and above average. From the executive lounge, you can see North Dakota (maybe ... but I don't think there's a hill in Minnesota so theoretically it's possible I guess) or at least the entire MSP airport as well as the more somber Ft Snelling cemetery. It's less depressing if you just don't look out the windows or go outside. But if you do, there's a free shuttle to the Mall of America. Yeah. It's getting worse isn't it?

Okay, so trying to make the place sound better isn't going so well. Frankly, Minnesota and Minneapolis are horrible in every respect. But this hotel is pretty good. And I'm glad it's there next time a certain airline strands me in MSP...

Room Tip: Try for an executive floor room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
While I may never be able to convince you that Minnesota and the Twin Cities are a great place to live, your review is still greatly appreciated. Thanks for your dry humor, candor and reserved compliments. Look me up the next time you're stuck in MSP... I'll make sure you're well cared for.
Sarasota, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights. I am a loyal Hilton traveler. I'm also not usually a complainer, so let me start with the good things!
Pros:
Great airport shuttle - the young man who was driving the shuttle was personable, knowledgeable and helpful. I would hire him any day!!
Comfy bed, sheets & big TV - the remote also had a sleep button - yay!!
Nice location with a federal wildlife sanctuary across the street - a beautiful place for a hike!
Convenient Shuttle to Mall of America - the older gentleman who drove this shuttle was also wonderful.
Room Service food was pretty good & was prompt.
Indoor pool & whirlpool looked nice, but I hadn't brought my suit
Gym was nice and fairly well appointed

Ok, here's where I was disappointed. And very frustrated, at one point!
-My room did not have adequate plugs for iPad, iPhone, laptop, etc.
-Wifi was weak - I used my MiFi instead
-The top hand towel on the stack of towels had a hair right on top, and it wasn't a hair from one's head. How does a housekeeper miss that?
-Toiletries were not replaced by the housekeeping staff, nor did she empty the trash
-My toilet ran, and not just a little drip. About every 20 minutes it sounded like there was a waterfall in the bathroom, and that very loud noise persisted all night, every 20 minutes. How this has never been addressed, I'll never know. Because I was traveling solo, I decided not to call for a maintenance person, just because I try to be a cautious traveler. I shut the bathroom door, and that helped somewhat. I knew that the hotel was full, or I would have asked for another room.
-The check in clerk, who I think was named Tasha, was nice, but when I asked her for specifics about the meeting I was attending, knew very little. She did go look at a schedule to give me general information. As I was walking away, the younger gentleman who was helping another traveler was giving her very helpful information including meeting start time, that there would be coffee and breakfast before the meeting, etc. How does the woman who helped me know almost nothing when the man who works 3 feet from her is very well informed and helpful??
-Here is what was most frustrating and disappointing. I checked out VERY early in order to catch their (wonderful) 4am shuttle to the airport. When I got my bill, I realized that they'd charged my personal AMEX rather than my corporate AMEX which was on the reservation. When I went to the front desk to sort it out, the woman working there, Claudia, was unbelievably rude. The situation was handled so badly! I asked her, two separate times in the conversation, to make a note of their policy so that I could straighten it out when I got back to work (in all fairness - the error was on my end, I think, although I am pretty confident that their "policy" was not explained to the person who made the reservation for me) and she refused, saying that the information was all on the sheet of paper she'd given me. Seriously. If Claudia worked for me, and she treated a customer as poorly as she did me, she'd be looking for a new job. At the very least, Claudia should not be working with customers, that's for sure. I did tell her that her customer service skills left a lot to be desired. She had no comment. Nor did she thank me for staying, wish me safe travels, a good day, etc. It was a very disappointing experience. I am planning to contact the manager in person, and I am hopeful that the situation will be resolved and that Claudia will either get some additional customer service training or be moved to a position that does not require interaction with people.
All in all, I'd recommend the hotel due to its location and comfort, but a disappointing experience with desk staff is hard to overlook. Kudos to the shuttle drivers for a job well done!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
memphis,tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

OK, so this hotel is close to IKEA, and close to the mall with an IHOP right up street also. This is a nice hotel. Despite the hotel being an older hotel it is kept in great shape. The pool area has two hot tubs. The hotel seemed a little "off the beaten path" even though it is close to everything. Room service was speedy. The Lobster Bisque soup is to die for. Chicken Quesadilla was more than expected when ordered off appetizers list. The walls are paper thin. You can hear whats next to you and whats above you.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: maybe an end room? Maybe
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonManagerMSP, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Room service seems to be a lost art in hotels. I'm glad you enjoyed ours and, especially, the lobster bisque. The culinary and service teams will enjoy reading your comments!
Wishing you safe travels and a speedy return!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was on business last week & stayed at this hotel. The hotel was clean & crisp. I liked that it was easy to get from the airport & to the mall with their shuttle. The drivers were so accommodating.

Staff was very helpful. When I checked out I asked where the business center was, the desk clerk asked if I was printing a boarding pass. I replied yes. She offered to print the boarding pass for me just in case the business center was busy. Was pleased to see customer service lives.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonManagerMSP, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thanks for the great review and your commentary on our shuttle drivers and guest service team. I'm preparing to meet with them today and will take pleasure in sharing your feedback!

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

Been to Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America? Share your experiences!