“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
South Dakota
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed 3 nights in June for a family event in the cities. I mainly chose Embassy Suites for the value for price paid & proximity to the Mall of America. We wanted to be close to Mall of America & also close to the Tram/Train. While there we shopped at MOA, did the Amusement Park & hubby went to Twins Game (using the Tram right outside the hotel). I used the free shuttle from hotel to MOA a couple times. It was always on time worked out well. The free breakfast in the mornings can't be beat. Cook to order omelets... pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, fruit.. free juices,drinks, oatmeal, cereal..it goes on & on. It was all very good. The evening manager reception was usually popcorn, chips & salsa..then drinks.
Also a nice touch!
The kids liked the pool. Our room was clean & fine. Nothing fancy but it was fine for us. Good value for price paid. The only negative was having to pay for Wii Fii. Make it free!
Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Well our vacation had ended and we had a flight back to Heathrow via Minneapolis but the night before in a lush Florida villa I was surfing the net on my laptop, checking the bbc news website and on the front page was "Volcanic ash disrupting flights" so straigh away I showed my Dad. Just to be on the safe side her booked a holiday inn in Minneapolis just in case we did get stranded. So at Orlando airport they said the flight was to go ahead, our bags were checked in and we were off to Minneapolis and hopefully home. When we arrived in Minneapolis we checked the departure board and there it was "London Heathrow - Cancelled" straight away we headed to a continental desk, "Sorry we can't help you" so then we went to another desk were you could rebook tickets so they said the next flight home was in 5 days time via Amsterdam, so we just about to call a shuttle bus fro the Holiday Inn but then in the phone book was Embassy Suites our favourite hotel chain so quickly we unbooked the Holiday Inn and booked the Embassy Suites! The only help we were given by the airline was these yellow slips which reduced the price of the hotel by half, so a full cooked breakfast, pool, large suite, we knew where we were going!

Finnally at the hotel we checked in nice and quickly and went up to the room and unpacked, then we went straight back down for managers reception where free drinks and snacks are served. While I was playing on my iPod two British girls came over one 12 the other 14 I was 13 so I had company my younger sister also befriended them as well. We had a great time in Minneapolis but the day we went to St Paul the other family came with us and we had a great day. The hotel was right next to a tram station which could take you to Mall of America, bus sation and Minneapolis. One night in the bar while I was enjoyin a great huge American burger one of the staff handed us and the other family 2 bags of TY beenie babies and that made our day, the lady said the giver was annoymous so unfortunately we couldn'y say thanks. The next day at breakfast the Manager came over and told us that they could do anything to help us (What great Staff and service!). Later that day we went to mall of America and omg it is huge! It is very big and in the center is a nickelodeon theme park, but unfortunately that was our last day :(. Our last breakfast was good and we met some women from Wisconsin and one of them had a grandaughter only a few days younger than me and now we get on so well!

In my head being stranded isn't a bda thing at all!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Red Wing, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Spent night here as a last minute anneversary idea. Our room was very adequate. Really enjoyed the complimentary happy hour and the morning breakfast was very satisfying. Beds and pillows were most comfy I've stayed in lately. No airport noise, but light rail train could be heard and was rather annoying. Overall, staff were great. Restaurant is recommended for a good meal. May come back for a family night out some time in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

The nice things about this hotel are the sizes of the suites and the atrium area where they offer their complimentary breakfast and evening happy hour.

But, then, you look at the rooms and you start to see the age of the hotel. The bathroom ceiling and walls was full of mold and other parts of the room were not very clean. On my final day at the hotel, I noticed that housekeeping had given me an extra little bottle of lotion ... which had a loose cap and had been partially used. Thanks!

The other thing that bothered me a bit was the front desk staff. You could notice that the hotel was not that busy/full and yet they made a point of not letting me have as late of a check-out as I requested (I asked for 3PM, and they said the latest they could do was 2PM -- after making faces).

Next time I am in Minneapolis, I will try another hotel -- there are plenty around in the MSP area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Omaha,Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

During our visit to Minneapolis we chose to stay at this Embassy Suites over the other one about 10 minutes away due to its close proximity to the Mall of America. Ive stayed here before and enjoyed it no complaints, However this time we wanted to check in around 245pm and the front desk agent told us check in isn't until 3pm and we dont have the room you requested. So me having worked in a hotel before I could tell by her attitude that she was blowing smoke up my rear end, and decided to go get lunch and come back after "shift change" and try to check in again. Low and behold they have a room, non-smoking with a high floor as soon as she leaves about 25 minutes later. Another issue I had was with the complimentary breakfast the booklet in the hotel room says 7am to 1030am, we arrived the first morning for breakfast to told the buffet was closed at 10am and pointed to a clearly unprofessional sign that had the real hours under the piece of paper that said 7am to 10 on it. We made it a point to get breakfast the next morning, I understand the breakfast is free and there are hundreds of people in one area wanting different things but this cook, definitely took quanity and quality to a new level....and all time low, I ordered an omelet and with vegetables and the vegetables werent cooked at all? both mornings? While the last morning I was there I requested he cook them for a second he and the gentelman with "excecutive chef" on his coat gave me seething glares as I finished my breakfast. Overall if I had to do it again I'd go to the one in Bloomington or just stay at a Homewood Suites.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I was visiting downtown Minneapolis for business and due to a late meeting, I needed to stay one extra night, so I chose to stay close to the airport for convenience. The Embassy Suites is a great choice if you want to be close to the airport or the Mall of America. They offer shuttle service to both on a very regular basis which I found very convenient. The shuttle driver that picked me up was very friendly, making a great first impression.

During the evening manager's reception, the bartender Jose was very friendly and professional; he knew exactly what I wanted when I returned. Also during the reception, I was very impressed when Dave introduced himself (much like a good waiter would); he was in the area keeping the snacks stocked and tables cleared for guests. I have stayed at several Embassy Suites, but this is the first time that anyone has introduced themselves and offered to be of assistance during the manager's reception. Very impressive!

The rooms in the hotel are standard Embassy rooms, they appear to have been updated in the past few years and each room has a sliding glass door with a (very) small balcony. The bathroom was small and cramped and you entered from the bedroom. My room faced the main road and airplanes were constantly flying by, however with the door wall closed, I could not hear traffic or planes!

The hotel was very well kept, had very friendly employees who seemed to take pride in their service. I would definitely return when back in this area!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Byron, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day trip to Minneapolis to visit the Mall of America and to go see the Braves play the Twins. This Embassy Suites is ideally located from the airport, mall and interstate.

It has an excellent shuttle van that provides airport transportation and also will take you to and from the mall. I know there is a lot of talk here about the airport shuttle being delayed, but I did not have that problem. I called the hotel the minute I got my bag and it was pulling up to the curb when I stepped outside! Excellent! The mall shuttle is just as efficient. Leaves the hotel at exactly 15 after the hour and picks you up at the mall at exactly 25 after the hour!

Check in was a breeze and the staff was more than helpful our entire trip. The hotel is very attractive with the usual atrium with beautiful greenery.

The rooms were a bit smaller than we are used to from an Embassy Suites, but very comfortable. The bathroom was extremely small and had a little mold in the shower. That dissappointed me in them. The pillows were way too soft and I woke up with a neck ache each morning, but still managed to sleep pretty good.

One more thing, internet is not free. You do have to pay a fee.

With all this said, I would still recommend this hotel. You never can go wrong with an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Thank you so much for your response. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. Our drivers take great pride in ensuring our guests are picked up timely and it appears by your comments that they were.

We are reviewing your comments regarding housekeeping services with our team as this did not meet your expectations as well as ours. I am sorry that you experienced this. For future reference as it sounds like you are a regular Embassy Suites fan, we offer many types of pillows. If ever you are unhappy with the pillows in your suite, please contact us immediately. We want you to enjoy your stay.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards

Yvonne Jeziorski

Been to Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!