The location of this hotel is excellent. The shuttle back/forth to the Mall of America is very well run and timely.
When we arrived, our room was not ready and they put us somewhere else. We were told our amenities would be brought to us, (Diamond Level customers). They never arrived. Not a big deal, except that the hotel's overall attention to detail was like this.
There were at least two, maybe three weddings taking place when we arrived. One of the bridal parties rooms were not ready and they were very loud about their displeasure. It was after 5pm and I didn't blame them. The person at the desk kept his cool, offered a $30.00 discount a night, but really did not make the bride and her attendants feel special. They had a right to expect their rooms be ready and they were frustrated. I was surprised that he did not make more of an effort to quiet them down, or offer a solution other than "the rooms are not ready."
It was about 75 degrees when we arrived and our room was hot. The air did not appear to be working. On our way to the mall and dinner, we asked the front desk if they could have engineering take a look at this and we were told they'd take care of it. When we arrived back, the room was still hot and humid. We called downstairs and were told that the air was placed in "neutral" throughout the hotel, because it was supposed to be cold. This was not what we wanted to hear, but there was little we could do. They offered fans and we accepted. They were small, noisy and more or less useless.
The next morning, the room was really uncomfortable. I called down to the front desk again and was told that the air was back on. (We had breakfast--which was very crowded, with long lines that moved slowly. It took four bowls before I found one that was clean and the same held true for cups and coffee mugs.)
The beds were comfortable and clean, but the bedding was old and tired. I guess they were replacing some of it, because there were boxes of duvet covers in several of the hallways. (Along with scattered fans) The bathroom was very tiny. It was generally clean, but I made the mistake of really looking at the shower curtain and it was gross and dirty.
When we were leaving for the day, I asked about the a/c and mentioned that I would like the curtain changed. I was offered another room and accepted it, because he did not think the a/c could be resolved. I was told to put my suitcases in one area and they would take care of moving us.
When we came back, we were moved to a room with working a/c and a cleaner bathroom. T
The location of this hotel is great. Right near the airport and mall, as well as many highways. Average or a little below for an Embassy Suite.
The restaurant, coffee bar and lounge areas had nice menus. The menus were varied, the selections good and the prices a little above average, but not out of range. The food itself was excellent.
I had an occasion to use the business center and it was a nice experience. The room had modern equipment, was well stocked and was a pleasure to use.
Overall, the visit was just ok. If we had occasion to come back here, we probably would try one of the other dozen hotels in this area, before coming back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport hotel near Mall of America is located close to many Bloomington MN attractions. Our complimentary shuttle provides transportation to the American Girl Store in Mall of America or Minneapolis St. Paul MSP airport just 1 mile from the hotel. Visit Nickelodeon Universe or the Water Park of America just minutes from this Bloomington, MN hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests of the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport hotel stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. Woolley's Steakhouse, winner of 2009 Minnesota's Beef Backer's award, is well known as the best steakhouse in the South Metro. We offer our guests a first class dining experience. Our 150 seat dining room overlooks running brooks and the tropical hotel atrium creating a dining atmosphere like no other. Cuisine offers wide variety of grilled meats, poultry and fish. Extensive lunch menu features include famous salad bar and a wide array of sandwiches and hot and cold entrees. Our fine dining menu offers daily Chef Specials. An excellent wine list accompanies your choice of entrees. Extensive dessert menu available for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport Hotel Bloomington
- Minneapolis Airport Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport Bloomington, MN, North America