“Very economy with good amneties” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
“Very economy with good amneties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is very reachable to most of the places and has good amneties including evening unlimited drinks :) which is its unique feature. Rooms are very big and is good choice for the money paid. Very good hot breakfast.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about our Embassy Suites Bloomington! We greatly appreciate your high scores especially considering our current remodeling project that tends to capture most of the attention right now. I appreciate you looking beyond the "dust" and taking advantage of our cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception. I hope you'll come back and see us after our remodeling is complete, and if I can assist you please feel free to call. Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Alto, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As noted, the construction is taking a major toll on functionality of the hotel, which is reflected in attractive room price right now. The rooms themselves are clean and well maintained, so no issues there. The evening cocktails and breakfast are in a fairly compact meeting room, so lack normal relaxed atmosphere. Construction looks like will continue until March of next year, so might check before making reservation.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Happy Holidays Dan and thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your candid feedback as it relates to our current conditions. I don't think I could have written it better myself!

Our renovations are in full swing and I'm glad you noticed we're keeping prices down to offset the inconveniences associated with our remodel. We will be far more functional by March however we don't expect to completely finish until late April. For the most accurate status it's always best to call the hotel directly as we do expect some weeks to be more disruptive than others.

Thanks again for such a concise and honest review. Please feel free to contact me directly any time I can assist you in the future.
marion, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

although this motel was undergoing some remodeling our stay there was pleasant. I enjoyed the starbucks in the lobby. the staff was very accommodating. our room was clean although I felt it could us an update. they have a shuttle to the mall of America

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hi Jamie - Thank you kindly for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate you recognizing our service especially under our current conditions. We're looking forward to a brand new facility with our remodeling project scheduled to be completed by this coming spring. I hope you'll come back and see us, and if there is anything I can do to assist you please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again and happy holidays from all of us at the Embassy Suites Bloomington!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel under construction. The staff is doing everything possible to make it through a total new look and atmosphere. The finished product should be worth the inconvenience.
Breakfast and cocktail hours still were done well in spite of the changes. Bree was her charming self along with the rest of the staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. I prefer 1 st floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings Jim - Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel. It's always appreciated. Thank you very much for your kind words about our current condition. I know our staff really appreciates the kudos for their extra efforts!

We're currently in the most difficult phase of our remodel and will have the atrium done shortly after the new year. From there we'll complete the main lobby and all guest suites, as well as wrap up the exterior work. We expect to finish completely by early May. Again, many thanks for your review and especially your patronage. If you ever need assistance booking accommodations in Bloomington, call on me anytime!
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stay at this hotel once a year for it's proximity to the Mall. We were a little surprised to find a huge renovation in progress upon arrival. The noise was very loud, although we were reassured that it would stop at 17.00 and it did. Breakfast, cocktails etc were relocated to a small conference room, which was not ideal and the quality of the breakfasts were certainly affected. The rooms were the same as ever ( I hope they are part of the renovation ) but the beds only had sheets and a thin fleecy type blanket....no duvet or top bed cover...fortunately although very cold outside the heating in the room covered it, but it made the comfy beds less cosy. The staff, especially the shuttle drivers, were polite and friendly. I look forward to staying when the renovations are complete, had I known it would be happening during my stay I would have booked elsewhere.

Room Tip: don't book during the renovation if you're in the hotel during the day!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Greetings and thank you for your review about your recent stay. Your evaluation was very fair and concise, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the renovations and especially not properly informing you prior to arrival. I'm grateful to read that you're looking forward to returning once renovations have been completed and I welcome your call when the time comes. We expect to be finished by spring so please don't hesitate to contact me directly for assistance. The only good thing about falling short of your expectations is the opportunity to make it right the next time!
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a mixed bag, and I think they barely eked out their three stars. On the one hand, I don't have a complaint at all about my room--it was the standard good-sized suite that you expect at an Embassy Suites. Mine seemed freshly updated, and was quite nice and clean. It had three sinks--an extravagance I didn't need--but I did like having a separate sink in the bedroom. It was also quiet, at least on the side away from the freeway. Staff were friendly and helpful and room service was really pretty tasty. That was all good.

Things that weren't so good: The big thing is the construction. The entire center of the hotel is tented, and there are construction workers in there every day. It is loud and intrusive. I spent a day and half working amongst the noise, and it made me grumpy. One day they were replacing the sewer line, so there was no water for four hours. Now, something like that is going to happen only occasionally, but it was unpleasant. Breakfast service is stuck in a corner ballroom, and looks and feels haphazard.

Beyond that, the hotel really looks tired and neglected--hopefully the remodel will help the 1980's décor. One things that's not going to change (I don't think) is that that the door to each room is a French door, surrounded by two similar windows (and with thick draperies). That didn't seem either safe or private, although I had no problems either way--I just didn't like it. And there was some general lack of attention to comfort--After two chilly nights, I realized that my duvet cover didn't have a quilt of any sort inside it, only a microfiber blanket--they were faking it! And there were no other blankets in the room. I arrived in the midst of the first snow of the season, and the hotel didn't shovel, sand, or salt the parking lot for three days, and it was really slippery. The elevators are slow, as is the internet--not huge things, but combined with everything else, made me wish I was staying somewhere else. When one is spending $150/night, you expect better, right?

I do think that things will get better here, but for now, there's gotta be better options nearby, and I would suggest you take advantage of them.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate your recent review about our Embassy Suites Hotel. Even though we're definitely "gearing up" for higher scores, I certainly understand your perspective and agree with your entire evaluation of our hotel.

I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies for falling short of your expectations especially as it relates to the intrusive noise from our remodeling workers. Even though noise is only allowed between 9am and 5pm, I certainly understand how upsetting it can be to work here durng the day.

I'm happy to share that our remodeling project will be addressing all the areas you mentioned. The 1980's decor is definitely going to change as we modernize our entire facility inside and out. Even the French doors for our guest suites are being replaced with a solid door in order to give a higher sense of privacy while you're in the front room of our suites.

Things will certainly get better, as you said, and we look forward to completing our project by spring time. I look forward to the opportunity to having you return when the remodeling is complete so please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future. Thanks again for a great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything turned out great. As a Meeting Planner by trade, I would consider this hotel for others -Weddings/Receptions in the future. For out of town guests/travelers the Embassy Suites Hotel is close to the Airport, MOA shopping, as well as many other fun and interesting things to do during their stay. Easy access to EVERYTHING!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for your kind words and recommendation. We sincerely appreciate knowing your event turned out great. We hope to see you again, perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary! Please call on us anytime you need assistance.

Been to Embassy Suites Bloomington? Share your experiences!