This hotel was about four miles from Mall of America. You could drive straight down American Blvd. to get there which was nice if there was rush hour traffic. You could also schedule their shuttle, though we did not do that so I cannot speak to the efficiency of their transport. However, it is very easy to park at the mall.
The kids were very disappointed there wasn't free wi-fi. I was willing to pay the $5 for wi-fi but not for each device each night. Each of the kids and my husband wanted to use it. That is crazy. Also, the manual in the room seem to indicate that there was free wi-fi in the common areas but they weren't able to get that to work and the staff said this was incorrect.
In the rooms, it would be nicer if the beds were larger. We're a family of 5 so it can be tight. My husband slept on the pull out in the separate sitting room. They have a glass opening out into the lobby area/central area with see through curtains. When you cover it for privacy, the door keeps getting stuck on one of the curtains.
The reception was nice in the evening. Snack were minimal munchies but adequate and the drinks were nice. Breakfast is amazing. I don't think they had a waffle maker but the chef made great omelets as requested and kept hot pancakes, bacon, and hash browns in the pans. Loved it.
The kids used the pool. It was a decent size. They kept running out of towels, but when I asked, they brought more immediately. I didn't swim so I can't speak to the temp but the kids did not complain. There is also a hot tub. The pool is open until 10 pm for everyone and midnight for adults.
One morning one of the two elevators on our side of the building wasn't working but they had it fixed by evening. The elevators could be a little slow.
Other than that, it was conveniently located to the Mall of America and it was close enough to restaurants. We went to the restaurant next to the hotel, Cowboy Jacks. It was a country bar/restaurant with a mechanical bull. The waitress was wonderful and we were there on a Wed. when they had a special for $2 hamburgers! It was great! A basket of fries was enough for 3 of us and it was only $3. The atmosphere was fun and free wifi!
Great highway access and right next to a Target and Grocery store with a redbox.
Appreciated the easy checkout process. There is another Embassy Suites closer to the Mall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Bloomington hotel near Mall of America is located close to many Bloomington MN attractions. Our complimentary shuttle provides transportation to the American Girl Store in Mall of America or Minneapolis St. Paul MSP airport just 5 miles from the hotel. Visit Nickelodeon Universe or the Water Park of America just minutes from this Bloomington, MN hotel. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Bloomington Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Bloomington MN, North America