“Wowzas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Bloomington Hotel

You added Sheraton Bloomington Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5601 West 78th St., Bloomington, MN 55439 (Formerly Sofitel Minneapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Duluth, Minnesota
“Wowzas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am a hotel snob, but not very wealthy, so it can be rather difficult for me to find good places to stay that are within my budget but still meet my high standards. This place knocked it out of the park for me. Clean, quiet, super swanky. Professional, attentive staff. I feel like I must've paid big big bucks to stay here last night, but really, I did not. Highly impressed!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
WEG_Manager, General Manager at Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
runalong77 -

Wowzas is right - thank you for the great review. And as a hotel aficionado I appreciate the accolades you gave us - especially those regarding the associates. I'm glad we've met all your expectations.

Come back and see us again soon.

Marc Faubert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for a conference recently. The staff was friendly and helpful. Even though the first room we received had no curtains, the staff accommodated us quickly with a comparable room. The second room was comfortable.
I would have liked to have had a shuttle bus option from the hotel to the Mall of America. Free internet in the room would have been nice as well. If Microtel can offer it, so could the major chains.
Be forewarned: if you do not have a car, other than the hotel restaurant, there are very few dining options within walking distance. There is a TGIF and a Subway close. The Metro bus stops just outside the front door. It is an easy hop to the Mall of America and to Target Field.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floor with a good view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manchester1889 -

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we do not offer the additional complimentary amenities that you mention but as you noted we are conveniently located on the bus line that makes it easy to get around the area.

I hope we'll have opportunity to host you again in the future.

Rochester, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have been taking our weekend get-aways at this hotel for several years. We've been there so many times that we have taken to giving some of the staff nicknames! We love the beds and the restaurant. The Continental breakfast is our favorite. In the evening we always stop by the bar for a glass of good wine. There's nothing bad to say about this place. We highly recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gooberdud -

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad that through the recent sale and brand change the same associates are still in place proving the same excellent service and level of hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come with a soon to be brand new product.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a couple times in the last 6 weeks. The staff is very caring and does a good job of welcoming the guests, and providing for your needs. The in-house bar and restaurant provide good choices to dine on the property. Hotel is convenient to Mall of America and the Bloomington area. Rooms are super clean, large in size, and beds are so comfortable. They will be remodeling the rooms later this summer, I am eager to see the results. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert H -

Thank you for the great review on your recent stay. It sounds like we have everything you needed for a great time away. We too are excited about the upcoming renovation and hope you'll be back to experience the new property as well.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This is an attractive property with a very friendly staff. The beds are very comfortable. You can't hear anyone else and housekeeping doesn't knock if you put the sign out. I would definitely stay here, again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
badgergirls -

Thank for taking the time to review the property after your stay. I was gratified to read that you liked the quiet, the beds and our associates.

I hope you'll visit us again soon.

General Managre
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

A business trip diaster was averted due to an amzing set of staff at this hotel. Not only did they recover my wallet from the gift shop where I had left it but they helped get it to the AIrport for me. They arranged for a car service to drive it to the Airport. I recovered everything. No money or credit cards or IDs taken.

I had enjoyed my stay here but this was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
halsherm3 -

Thank you for the wonderful comments and I was pleased to learn that we were able to salvage what could have been a disaster for your business trip.

I hope to see you again soon.

Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

All aspects of this hotel meet and exceed the criteria for 5 stars. Staff are EXCEPTIONALLY service minded, the rooms are clean, well-appointed and quiet, and the food is outstanding. Breakfast is a la carte only, no buffet (at least not during my stay). The gym is of sufficient size and in good condition. Overall, it was very nice to stay at this hotel. Location is "practical" with easy freeway access, so it is OK that the room windows do not open. At 150 USD/night for a standard room it was a bargain, other US hotels would charge you a lot more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
sazaa -

Thank for the wonderful review - it's very much appreciated, especially the comment regarding our associates. I'm was happy to read that we have everything you needed for a successful business stay at the hotel.

I hope to see you again soon.

Marc Faubert

Been to Sheraton Bloomington Hotel? Share your experiences!