Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #28 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
United States
“PLUGS!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really don't understand how the sockets work, but it's impossible to get a plug into most of them. As a result, I have to plug my electornics into inconvient places. The room is also very dark, even with all the lights on. On this visit, no towels. I also dropped a cookie, and the crunmbs were not cleaned up.

671 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Bloomington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Double tree in the south tower badly needs updated. The doors down the hallway were peeling or had some signs torn off that left white strips missing on the dark gray doors. The room was ok but the hallway was littered with trash. I complained the the desk clerk who must have sent someone up to pick up the bigger pieces of paper on the floor but the hall didn't look like it have been vacuumed for a very long time. would not recommend staying here as the price of the room is definitely not worrh the $102 they billed my company.

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is doing some renovating so upon driving up to the entrance I had some serious doubts. I got a fantastic deal for this hotel on Priceline.com. The lobby is kind of "cheap" looking. The service was great, check-in was quick and efficient. The room was beautiful! Spacious, CLEAN, comfortable. The bathroom and tub/shower was also very clean and nice big fluffy towels are provided. The hotel is located right off the freeway but the rooms are very sound-proof and I could not hear a thing. Had a great night's sleep and was ready for appointments the next day feeling refreshed. I will absolutely stay at this hotel again and I highly recommend it!!

Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was clean but dated. Hallways had a little musty smell. Overall the price was good and rooms themselves were clean. We will stay there again.
Only issues we had was getting the room cleaned and getting enough towels. We had the do not disturb sign on the door until we showered. We left the hotel at 9 AM to shop. We returned that evening and the room was not cleaned. Seems odd that they would not check again after 9 to clean the room.

Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a mixture of good things and bad things. 1. was informed I was to have a rollaway bed for my kid in my confirmation letter. Found out due to fire codes, rollaway could NOT be provided to that room. And we had three people in our group for the room. 1a. Bed was actually the most comfortable I have had in the hotel in years. 2. Housekeeping as usual, was great. The lady we had was very understanding. 3. Hotel need to put benches near the elevators in the south tower for folks to sit on to wait for the elevators. Being physically disabled. It is hard at times to stand to wait for the elevator. And I was not the only one having troubles. 4. Looking eastward out of the room's window. I could see a area outside the hotel on the roof that needed repair. As in painting the wood and derusting the pylons. 4a. Also noted who ever painted the room I had. Did not do that great of a job. As well as did not use a primer coat on a few spots. No matter what, my family & I will be returning to the hotel unless the folks running the event we were at, to a different building.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Overall, the lobby, the bar/restaurant, general atmosphere is very nice (above average). The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms are well equipped. If it wasn't for the cracks in the ceiling with paint falling on the carpet and the dated peeling wallpaper, this would have received 4 or even 5 stars. Some simple maintenance and general management and this hotel would be excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bloomington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was at the Convention and stayed from Thursday through Sunday. Got to check in early but thought a Hilton Honors member got some sort of perk. Room was clean. Sadly the room needs to be painted. You could see paint gone from walls. It was more than 1 spot. Restaurant food was terrible. Told the server that we could push our finger through so much grease on a piece of bread. Got told "It always comes like that" I work in a kitchen and people who cooked that day didn't give a crap. Was out of toilet paper waited 15 mins. for a roll. Saw a housekeeper and asked for some. I have no clue what happened but seems like the staff didn't want to be working the big convention.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South? Share your experiences!