“Mixture of things” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7800 Normandale Blvd, Bloomington, MN 55439   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonor Points
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
“Mixture of things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

It was a mixture of good things and bad things. 1. was informed I was to have a rollaway bed for my kid in my confirmation letter. Found out due to fire codes, rollaway could NOT be provided to that room. And we had three people in our group for the room. 1a. Bed was actually the most comfortable I have had in the hotel in years. 2. Housekeeping as usual, was great. The lady we had was very understanding. 3. Hotel need to put benches near the elevators in the south tower for folks to sit on to wait for the elevators. Being physically disabled. It is hard at times to stand to wait for the elevator. And I was not the only one having troubles. 4. Looking eastward out of the room's window. I could see a area outside the hotel on the roof that needed repair. As in painting the wood and derusting the pylons. 4a. Also noted who ever painted the room I had. Did not do that great of a job. As well as did not use a primer coat on a few spots. No matter what, my family & I will be returning to the hotel unless the folks running the event we were at, to a different building.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear 196suzettek,

Thank you for your review of our property! I was intrigued by your comments about waiting for the elevators and asking for a bench to sit on while one waits. I think that is a phenomenal idea. I will passing your comments directly to my Director of Operations. In regards to the rollaway and the fire codes, I am sorry for the confusion. I have updated my front office staff members and the reservation agents at Hilton corporate to assisting in making sure this doesn't happen again. As always, we appreciate the fact you stay with us. Keep writing reviews and come see us at the desk for where we get these comfy beds!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Overall, the lobby, the bar/restaurant, general atmosphere is very nice (above average). The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms are well equipped. If it wasn't for the cracks in the ceiling with paint falling on the carpet and the dated peeling wallpaper, this would have received 4 or even 5 stars. Some simple maintenance and general management and this hotel would be excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear ThadHare,

Thank you for submitting your comments to us! It sounds like you are quite the experienced traveler and I have passed along these comments to my maintenance team. We appreciate the genuine criticism and are happy you enjoyed the other facets of your stay! Come see us again soon!
Bloomington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Was at the Convention and stayed from Thursday through Sunday. Got to check in early but thought a Hilton Honors member got some sort of perk. Room was clean. Sadly the room needs to be painted. You could see paint gone from walls. It was more than 1 spot. Restaurant food was terrible. Told the server that we could push our finger through so much grease on a piece of bread. Got told "It always comes like that" I work in a kitchen and people who cooked that day didn't give a crap. Was out of toilet paper waited 15 mins. for a roll. Saw a housekeeper and asked for some. I have no clue what happened but seems like the staff didn't want to be working the big convention.

Dear Nicole F,

I am very saddend to see you had such a negative experience at our property. Our staff were absolutely thrilled about having your CONvergence group in house and I am sorry to hear your stay was sub-par. Regarding your HHonors benefits, during CONvergence the entire hotel is blocked off by the group at a special reduced rate and therefore normal Hilton benefits are not applicable. Nevertheless, we are very happy you and your group attend our hotel each year for this event and look forward to seeing you and your fellow CON members again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The staff at this location is very friendly. They were incredibly helpful and did a nice job to ensure that I enjoyed my stays. The facility itself is fairly worn down - scuffs on the walls, spots on the carpets, etc. It definitely looks used. I went to the gym twice while I was there and will say that it was one of the best hotel gyms I've seen. 4 treadmills, 5 ellipticals and a variety of other equipment. I had the breakfast buffet which was a very nice spread as well, but $13. If you eat a lot for breakfast it's likely worth it. I would come back here because of the quality service.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Elizabeth G,

Thank you for the awesome review! You are absolutely correct, we do have an outstanding fitness center with equipment that was upgraded to brand-new just a few months ago. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear there were some minor issues with the building itself. Our breakfast is a big buffet for $12.95 and we are glad you enjoyed it!

Come see us again for that lovely DoubleTree warm chocolate chip and walnut cookie!
Bloomington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I rented two poolside hotel rooms on the first floor for a weekend in Bloomington, MN. This isn't the best DoubleTree I've been to but it's definitely not the worst. Pros: - Pleasant housekeeping - Employees were very accommodating - Free parking - Has a door that connects my room with my family's room next door - Comfortable beds - Restaurant and bar located inside hotel Cons: - Couldn't order crib at check-in; had to go to designated room to order crib via phone - Rather noisy at poolside; don't get a ground-floor/poolside room if you're a light sleeper - Humid in the rooms; no exhaust/fan in the bathroom - Bath faucet wasn't attached to the wall - Area around ceiling vents were discolored; looked kind of like mold - Found a couple curly hairs on the bathroom ceiling (did not match the hair on any of our head) - Wifi wasn't free

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear K T,

We are so happy you and your family were able to stay with us in connecting rooms! I am sorry to hear your room was a bit of a disappointment and have forwarded your comments to my housekeeping team. We have both a free and paid version of our high-speed WiFi. We recommend the upgraded version to stream large bandwith video. As always, we are very happy to hear you had a pleasant experience conversing with our team members! Come visit us again soon!
Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Our flight got in around 11 45 pm and we were happy to see a shuttle still waiting. Even tho it was late the driver was very friendly and informative about how the shuttle rides go. After a short wait to check-in the man behind the desk helped us get our room and gave us warm chocolate chip cookies. Once in the room we noticed several spots that looked like they had never been cleaned. The toilet had stuff in it, the tub had hair and dirt in places, the window had smudges from what looked like a face, and there were spots on the floor and walls. Not to mention the annoying fact that we got to the room to find two double beds which are hard to share. The service was friendly but we were disappointed by the room. Will be looking for another hotel next visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Rtoml042,

We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our hotel shuttle driver and front desk staff member! Please accept my apology about your room, it certainly wasn't a four-star quality experience and definitely isn't the norm when it comes to our cleanliness. We would like to see you return to our property and give our rooms a second chance!
Blaine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

As before, I am pleased with my stay during CONvergence. The room was clean, mostly quiet (not the hotel's fault), and housekeeping did a good job of tidying up over the 3 night stay. (One small complaint is that a pillow I had brought with me from home and left on the bed during the day ended up on the other bed in the room after housekeeping came in to make them.) There is so much craziness during the convention, that I'm so glad the DoubleTree continues to partner with us to make CON such a great experience!

Dear 198elizabethc,

We are excited to hear you had a great stay during CONvergence! As always, you are part of a wonderful group of people and we love having your event stay with us every year. You are right, the housekeepers are very busy with the hotel being sold out all weekend, so we certainly apologize for the pillow being in a different spot when you returned. We are looking forward to seeing you next year!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South? Share your experiences!